Thread: WARNING - TMI

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

WARNING - TMI

I think I may have lost part of my mucus plug. It is normal for me to have some discharge but when I just went to the bathroom there was a thick blob about the size of a quarter in my underware. It was thicker than any discharge I have ever had. I have never been aware of losing my plug so I'm not sure if that is what it was but I googled pictures and it looked the same. Do I need to call my doctor? Ive had braxton hicks contractions for a couple of weeks but when i went to the doctor they checked my cervix and it was normal. I typically have a lot of braxton hicks during pregnancynso they weren't to concerned they just told me to call if I have them more often or they start to hurt.
    200120042007June 24, 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i've been loosing thick discharge lumps for a long time every so often but it didn't look like my plug (from when i lost it with ds1 when my waters went) it looked more like the thick stuff you get at ovulation just not clear.

When i lost my plug there was loads of it and it was really really thick unlike any discharge i have ever had at any other time

What was it like? If you are worried always get it checked out but you can loose bits of your plug as long as your waters don't go or anything it just regenerates its self.

Some of the pictures on google aren't that clear as to what the plug looks like in my opinion but then everyone is different but its usually a lot and like jelly rather than discharge with bits of blood in it.

Do you have any history of having problems with your cervix or anything?
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't worry too much as your plug is regenerated constantly. I'd still just ask your midwife though.
    since 2005 2008 2010.

When our dream became a nightmare
    http://www.20-week-countdown.blogspot.com

Failed sway due April 2014

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've never had any problems with my cervix or anything. It was a kind mostly see through but a little white with a yellow tint. It wasnt as stretchy as discharge and broke when I stretched it kind of like silly putty but a little thicker. Sorry I know that's gross but it was really wierd I never had anything like that with the others. I didnt know that your plug can regenerate, that makes me feel better.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sounds normal ish but keep an eye on it - if its bloody or your waters go or your contracting get checked - but then i'm sure you would anyway. you could find if your having bh its loosened it a bit or if you've overdone it a bit but it doesn't sound like your entire plug and from i've read it will regenerate within 24 hours anyway
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Mrs-P I feel better about it now. I will definetly take it easy.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    completely normal to lose early and it just regrows
    why cervical checks so early? i know ob's love to do them but thought that was towards the end of 3rd tri.
    Its A Girl!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    it regenerates... ive been losing a bit of mine (ewww) the past two weeks... it freaked me out a bit too
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They have done a couple on me because I have Braxton hicks contractions all the time. With ds3 they were timeable about 5 minutes apart for the last 4 weeks all day long and I have been having them pretty consistently for the last 3 weeks or so with this one. I also go into labor very quickly and don't notice a difference in the contractions until I am at around 7 cm so they wanted to make sure my cervix was still completely closed.