Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is your most useful baby item and what was a waste of time ?

Thought it would be fun to discuss what we used most or loved most from previous babies and what we found that we really wouldnt bother with again ......

For me: LOVED My swings - had a few different one but every one of my boys has loved their swings and was best way to settle them if they wouldnt settle any other way.
    HATED: BUMBO seats - all my boys were too fat to fit in them. Also found a baby bath a waste of time as most of time bubs was in bath wit me or i used the sink so i didnt have to bend down :-)
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LOVED: receiving blankets, swing, moby wrap, sleepers with zippers, basinette (except DD refused to sleep anywhere except with me)

DID NOT LOVE: changing table (pointless) crib (never used), all wraps except moby, diaper gene, baby bathtubs

That's all I can think of
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love the bouncy chair, boppy pillow and swing

I did not like the wipes warmer(it ruined the dresser I had it on) diaper genie, and the bassinett that I have because it is too small so all of my kids couldn't fit into it for very long

2007 2008 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wipe warmer! I only had one for ds3 and got it cause I remember the other two always cryi g as newbons cause of cold wipes and it was awesome! Would never be without a diaper warmer again for new babies
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Neat post!
    LOVE: step 2 push car, ever since DS1 was about 9-10 months to today he loves his little car (just used it yesterday)and it is SO convenient when going to a mall or something, a lot easier then pulling my stroller out if storage isn't needed.
    DO NOT LOVE: diaper genie, as many others say lol. snuggli carrier - talk about back pain and an unhappy uncomfy little baby.

ON ANOTHER NOTE: everyone hates the diaper genie I see, as do I. But, because we haven't seemed to find a better option (havent really looked) we still use it - what do you ladies use for diapers??? Having 2 in diapers makes me nervous lol I really want to replace my genie!
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just have a garbage can right outside my door that had a lid that I take them too...
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i loved my tiny love mobile that played mozart - was useless at bedtime but a great toy for a tiny baby they sat mesmerized for hours. I also loved my swing (well i say my swing, i never did the swinging, although i remember my elder one squeezing in it!) and this little giraffe wrist rattle thing from mothercare - i ended up with one for each baby and they loved them - their little hands could grab its neck right from a little age and they chewed them to death when teething. Breast pumps for me were another great invention.

Hated - bottle warmers - took ages to heat anything alot longer than a thing of hot water, bumbo seat (every single one fit in it fine but seemed to manage to launch themselves nose first into the carpet in a few seconds), baby walkers and the sit in version - again they were over the top of it seconds after being put in
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanting-a-girl View Post
    Wipe warmer! I only had one for ds3 and got it cause I remember the other two always cryi g as newbons cause of cold wipes and it was awesome! Would never be without a diaper warmer again for new babies
    I think we will get one too! Our little one hates being changed with the cold wipes
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What the hell is a wipe warmer we dont have that in the UK I dont think . Diaper genie - ???? Im assuming this is like our UK nappy bin that you put nappies in to dispose of and then empty it when it gets full
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have to add I loved bumbo, ds1 threw himself out but ds2 was too lazy too and really reduced high hair time - good result for me!

Loved slumber bear egg too for ds2

Wipe warmer as in warms wipes!!!????! Don't think we have those ;-)
    DS1 2009 DS2 2011

At around fifteen weeks sadly one of our babies became an angel fx for a healthy singleton!

*Update it's a girl! fx she'll make it!*

Thank you atomic praying our dream will come true

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast