Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone dealing with SPD ?

I have had severe SPD for the last 2 weeks and ive been in tears the last 24 hours as its just ruining our easter break as I can barely move. everything I do movement wise is excruciating pain getting dressed makes me cry, walking, moving in bed... literally everything. Ive not been able to contact my midwife with it being a 4 day bank holiday weekend but I have left a message for her and have been reading up on all the things i can do try and help me cope with it - i had it from 30 weeks last time but not this severe so am really worried how i will cope the rest of the pregnancy as we are only 21 weeks and i work daily with 9-10 kids that involves a lot of physical activity on my part as well as lifting young children and pushing a double buggy.
    Just wondered if anyone else is having to deal with this nasty side effect ?
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah me although its still coming and going in varying degrees at the moment but my body refuses to move when its really bad (as opposed to just it being really painful) i got about of bed to go to the toilet last night and i couldn't move, took me ages to go to the bathroom. I'm really struggling at night apart from that pain if i can get comfy its on my side and then i'm waking with really bad pressure pains in my hips from the weight and can't move to ease it.

I'm getting a bit worried about work as well as i have to go out of the office at least once a week (although i only work 3 days) for on-site work and i can barely walk at times
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    if you midwife comes up with anything useful please do share though - the best mine had last pregnancy was pretty much just get on with it (although it wasn't this bad until the very end)
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have something very similar but mine is because I was born with mild hip dysplasia but they thought it was SPD for a while. With my last baby my doc put me on bed rest because I couldn't walk and because my hips would give out on me and I kept falling. For the safety of the baby and myself, I was on bed rest for 4 months......ugh sorry there isn't much that can be done about it!
    (6) (4) (2)
    Can't believe I'm finally getting my

My Nub Shot
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...ing-13w2d.html

My sway below
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My friends was very severe. She was on a lot of drugs and I know they told her to try the pool. She said she did a hand stand in the pool and felt loads better. How she did so whilst pregnant I have no clue! Really hope you can find a way to deal with the pain :-(
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well midwife today suggested co codamol and refered me to physio and to get measured for crutches. Just need to see how I get on with that :-(
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had this a couple different times and with DS 3 was so bad I could barely walk. I went to the chiropractor, when I got out of my truck at the office I could barely get out and my son had to help me into the office. They cracked my back and I was literally FINE seconds afterwards. I know it sounds unbelievable but it really really helped.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had this really bad with DS2, I couldn't lift up my legs to put my jeans on, when I would roll over in bed at night it would pop. Luckily it was towards the end of my pregnancy so I didn't have to deal with it too long. My doctor told me there isn't much I could do about it. Have you thought of a maternity support band?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had this every pregnancy so far but mine is weird. With DS 2 I could hardly walk, with ds3 it wasn't as bad as first 2 times. My gp was really helpful. I got referred to physio straight away. I had to do a class in a group which was a bit annoying as a lot of the mums were first timers and they were basically telling you how important it is to do pelvic floor exercises, how to do them and stomach exercises. I have got leaflets on this stuff coming out of my ears now. If i cant do a pelvic floor ex properly by now someone needs to shoot me!Then all the usual tips on what to try and avoid etc but like you said mum you can't avoid stuff like lifting kids out of cots and the buggy. We got given a support band and offered classes for strengthening the pelvis such as ball and Pilates. But the main reason I went is cos once you've done the first instruction class if you tell them you still have pain they refer you for individual physio and offer all kinds of stuff to help with pain relief like acupuncture etc.
    Last edited by Justjessica; April 1st, 2013 at 04:00 PM.
    due July 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im really worried about my work and how Im going to keep going until my Maternity leave in July - I ant afford to go sooner as being self employed im already having to save nearly 4 thousand pound to be off for the 9 weeks I want to take matwernity leave and the weeks holiday I have booked off in June. Im not anywhere near having saved this amount yet so any other leave let alone htis one is a no no. I must look into incapacity benefit etc but when i can earn Ł400 a week working and have Ł1250 a month of bills to pay a benefit of Ł40-50 a week isnt going to be a great help. Seems like a no win situation and I just know Im going to end up in a complete mess :-( Sorry to moan ladies i am just in constant pain and crying and the worry isnt helping. I dont want to tell them how bad it is at the hospital either inase they take me in at 37 weeks and induce me ( as was suggested) as im desperate for another home birth naturally after an allergic reaction to the induction stuff last time
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast