Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fifth disease ? (slapped cheek) really worried :(

Hi, I've had my 5 year home today with fifth disease, also my dh has had it the past week, he's had lot of joint pain which is a symptom in adults. I'm pretty sure my two year old had it a few weeks back. I never thought anything of it at the time as he does sometimes get red cheeks due to his eczema but now knowing what I know I think it was the same.

I'm so worried, I've spoken to my doctor who says I can get a blood test to see if I've had it before or recently have had the infection. Anyone had any experience with this? Had to have the blood test done etc and how long did you wait for the results?
    Five lovely boys and my princess Jessica! Born August 2013

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the biggest worry is when you get it before 20 weeks. Even then, the risk isn't tremendously high for something happening to baby. I am sure all is well.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can understand your worry, its one thing they're investigating as a cause for Evelyn's problems. But, like previous poster said, I think its before 20 weeks, which is when most of the organs and brain is formed.
    since 2005 2008 2010.

When our dream became a nightmare
    http://www.20-week-countdown.blogspot.com

Failed sway due April 2014

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Shutterbug View Post
    I can understand your worry, its one thing they're investigating as a cause for Evelyn's problems. But, like previous poster said, I think its before 20 weeks, which is when most of the organs and brain is formed.
    Thank you, it's really good to hear from you. I was following your blog and was heartbroken for you. You are one really brave lady. I admire you a lot. X

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    its something that was going around my boys school a while ago (we are in the middle of a chicken pox outbreak now - which one of my boys has currently). Doctor said i was too far along to need to worry about it - its only really a concern if the baby is before 20 weeks or right on delivery
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I came in contact with it 6 weeks ago. My OB said not to worry, that with 6 boys I more than likely had it at some stage. Well when my results came back I was NOT immune!! They repeated the test 2 weeks later and I was clear, don't worry, most people have had it, I was just one of the ones that hadn't...
    14 13 12 9 8 5 2
    !!MY MAGNIFICENT SEVEN!!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the reassurance. I had the blood test yesterday week so I will be worrying all week end now while waiting for results. Mrs P, what bad timing for you with your little boy getting chicken pox! it's such a worry isn't it? I'm sure everything will be fine though, hun. My youngest hasn't had chicken pox yet either so it has been worrying he might catch it as it seems to be going around at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been booked in for the blood test on Wednesday, its currently going around the nursery and I have had a dry wracking cough all week, I know in dogs its called kennel cough so Im hoping theres no connection.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ELP View Post
    I have been booked in for the blood test on Wednesday, its currently going around the nursery and I have had a dry wracking cough all week, I know in dogs its called kennel cough so Im hoping theres no connection.
    I'm sure you will be ok, though I can definitely understand the worry! My dh caught it off my son and he's had a lot of joint pain which is apparently one of the main symptoms in adults.

My 10 year old is showing signs of it now too so I'm just hoping I'm immune with three people in the house who've had it what's the chances I haven't had it or won't get it if I'm not immune? My blood results still aren't back, I just wish they'd hurry up as it's on my mind constantly.

Good luck with your blood test tomorrow. Let me know how you get on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thankyou 5 I had the test yesterday and they said for me to phone back in next week, so hopefully it will be clear sailing for us both Really they should check maybe with our booking in blood tests shouldnt they? Even if just to tell you to take extra caution if we here of it around!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast