Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prostaglandines may help. You'll find them in sperm.
    Mother of '08 and '10

And a aug '14

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can combine it with accupuncture en massage of feet, at the inside of your ankle
    Mother of '08 and '10

And a aug '14

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nipple stimulation will increase oxytocin secretion, but an orgasm will be much more effective. But, as said before, will only help when baby is ready to come. Otherwise none of the mother who are still breastfeeding during pregnancy would be allowed to continue bf-ing.

Only in cases of preterm labor or severe contractions they are advised to stop bf-ing.
    Mother of '08 and '10

And a aug '14

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic do you think the EPO would pose the same risks if inserted rather than taken? I guess it's still being absorbed isn't it?
    2008 20112013

thankyou gender dreaming

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey I'm only 34 wks but facing medical induction at 38 ;-( taking rrl tea and evening primrose orally, going to do evening promise internally but not quiet yet ;-s

Also looking into reflexology at 37wks

Both my ds were shaken out with dtd, curry and a long walk however that was 40 and 40+2 I do fear they come when they are ready but keen to avoid medical induction ;-)
    DS1 2009 DS2 2011

At around fifteen weeks sadly one of our babies became an angel fx for a healthy singleton!

*Update it's a girl! fx she'll make it!*

Thank you atomic praying our dream will come true

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I'll be full term on Sunday and have had no signs yet at all that lo wants to come out. I have had two long walks, after the first one I had strong braxton hicks for an hour. I was actually thinking about calling the hosp but they fizzled out. The second walk the following day did nothing! I have also tried sex (reluctantly as It's so awkward but I'm getting desperate!) and nipple stimulation which gave me a few weak contractions. I'm just about ready to give up now as nothing as worked and I think lo will come only when she's ready.
    Five lovely boys and my princess Jessica! Born August 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atsaukina- in the UK full term is considered 37 weeks, and babies born at 36+6 or earlier are considered premature otherwise they're not

with DS1 I was so uncomfortable and fed up having started maternity leave at 3 weeks that I started the natural eviction tactics then... the hottest curry our Indian sold, nipple stimulation (only did 20mins twice a day on a couple of days using the palm of the hand). I also tried acupressure to induce labour - there are videos for this on youtube)
    We did DTD at 38+0 and I started bleeding red blood, went to hospital to get checked over and was told I was 6cm dilated although not in active labour until they broke my waters the following day (30 hrs later) at 38+1.

DS2 I tried EPO orally from 36 weeks and internally from 37 weeks. Also tried some acupressure, clary sage in the bath and in massage oil, and excessive amounts of pineapple. Avoided the curry and OH wouldn't DTD having been put off from the bleeding with DS1. I had a sweep at 37+3 and although I was 5-6cm it didn't do anything. I had another (very rough this time) sweep at 38+0 when I was still 6cm dilated and that started things off straight away and he was born the following day so also turned up at 38+1.

I do think the acupressure is a good thing to try. I wouldn't bother with the pineapple or curry. Birth ball and walking can be great for getting the head down lower and increasing pressure on the cervix. DTD/big Os could get things started if you are really really close. I don't think EPO worked for me either and TMI but that's rather messy. The only thing I can say worked with certainty is the rough sweep as that started labour instantly.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bugger Im not due to see my midwife until im 38+5 :-( was kinda hoping to get one around now ( 38 weeks tomorrow ) but hey ill just ask her to be rough with me next week !! ha ha
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I tried everything when I was pregnant with my girls, walking, sex, epo, spicy foods, nipple stimulation, EVERYTHING and they were both 2 days late. With DS I didn't try anything because nothing had ever worked for me before and he was also 2 days late. The only thing I can say though is that after having sex I would get contractions so maybe it did help some

2007 2008 2012

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know if it helped but I ate a bunch of fresh pineapple the night before I went into labor.
    200120042007June 24, 2013

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast