Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is anyone past 37 weeks and thinking of natural induction methods ?

Or are you all sitting and waiting it out so that bubs comes when its good and ready - Part of me wants to wait but the other part of me thinks that I have just over 2 weeks late and 2 of my babies were 2 weeks late so thats possible another 4 week wait and ive only got the next 6-7 weeks off so if it is late i will literally be back at work full time when baby is 2-3 weeks old so in that way i want him to come earlier so i have more time with him - Im not worried about size as he ( or she ) already weighs in at 7.5-8lb and still has another 2 weeks until its due date.

I dont want to try anything nasty or dangerous like castor oil as heard it can make baby poo inside which obviously isnt good so i thought maybe hot curry, raspberry leaf tea increase, evening primrose capsules orally and vaginally, maybe coax DH in to some "hows your father" long walks if my SPD can take it though with the swelling i have in my calfs feet and ankles at the moment this may not be wise .....

Anyone else got any tricks of the trade ? I heard nipple stimulation was good but read that you have to Stimulate your breasts for an hour, three times a day. Spend 15 minutes continually stimulating one breast, and then alternate to the other breast for 15 minutes until the hour is up. ....... are they kidding me ????? 3 hours a day playing with my nipples ..... i dont even have a spare half hour to soak in the bath let alone sit twiddling my nipples ,,,,,, now if that was a man told to fondle his balls Im sure he would find the time !!!

Im going to try boucning on the birth ball each night for half hour or so ........

Anything else i can try ladies ?
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My first was induced at 12 days late, I tried just about everything. My second was 8 days early, I didn't want to have him before the 1st of Jan, so on the first I drank 2 cups of rlt and dtd that night. Went into labour about 3am. I don't think it can hurt. I'm hoping this little girl comes a bit early too because my sister is getting married a month after my due date and I'd prefer a bit more time to recover.
    2008 20112013

thankyou gender dreaming

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i would def start the tea and the primrose... do nipple stimulation i could alays get contractions to happen with that... just be persistent
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My first two were late by 2 weeks or so they say....my third I did nipple stimulation at 40 +1 after a good night with hubby and baby was born the next day! I just did it in the ad breaks for about 4 hours lol it wasn't that bad and it worked every time I did it I got contractions and after a while they came on there own then I thought I would get a good sleep just in case. Had a show early mourning about 3 hours after sleeping and he came later that day
    Hoping for a pink rainbow!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    full term is 40 weeks not 37. You can do nipple stimulation and walk and all that but you will just give yourself contractions that go nowhere if babe is not ready to come I am on the oppsite side of you though and just went through a move, hom ein shambles, painting,putting furniture together, van in the shop so have a lot to do and want babe to stay put as long as it can lol. if babe does come a lil later you could always tell moms right away that it will be more time until you're daycare is open again. Maybe look for a helper to hire for a month or so. Look into homeschool groups they always have older teens looking for jobs and to help during day when most other kids are at school
    Its A Girl!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wanted DS 3 to come a few days early and took EPO capsules. They are blood thinners (did not know that at the time) and when my water broke it was full of tons of little blood clots and it was very scary. I would not mess around with anything other than the rasp. leaf tea and bouncing on the ball because those things may help your labor to be easier anyway.

Research shows that it is best for baby to stay cooking as long as it wants to within reason - 37 weeks is too early to be even thinking about natural induction methods IMO.

I have eaten tons of pineapple, eggplant, curry and none of it ever worked, all babies stayed firmly ensconced until 3-5 days after my due date.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hmmmm maybe i will second think taking the primerose myself... i dont want any complications
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I wanted DS 3 to come a few days early and took EPO capsules. They are blood thinners (did not know that at the time) and when my water broke it was full of tons of little blood clots and it was very scary. I would not mess around with anything other than the rasp. leaf tea and bouncing on the ball because those things may help your labor to be easier anyway.

Research shows that it is best for baby to stay cooking as long as it wants to within reason - 37 weeks is too early to be even thinking about natural induction methods IMO.

I have eaten tons of pineapple, eggplant, curry and none of it ever worked, all babies stayed firmly ensconced until 3-5 days after my due date.
    Thanks for the advice re EPO. I'm also trying to gather all the tips for encouraging labour naturally. I just don't want to get to 12 days past my due date as my 3rd c-section is booked for then. I don't agree with my due date either, which gives me less time over my dates. I refuse to be induced as the risks are too high with a vba2c.

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting about the EPO I planned on taking that nearer the time. Won't now.

The nipple stimulation does work in my opinion....Always gave me bad Braxton hicks and the day I started labour with DS2 was the day I spent half hour in the bath with them lol. Sounds really dirty but it was the most boooooooorrrring thing ever and not fun in the slightest. I think it did help with the breastfeeding later that night though lol.
    2006 2008 2010 : 2013
    2 angels
    Due Jan 2020

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum23boys View Post
    Anyone else got any tricks of the trade ? I heard nipple stimulation was good but read that you have to Stimulate your breasts for an hour, three times a day. Spend 15 minutes continually stimulating one breast, and then alternate to the other breast for 15 minutes until the hour is up. ....... are they kidding me ????? 3 hours a day playing with my nipples ..... i dont even have a spare half hour to soak in the bath let alone sit twiddling my nipples ,,,,,, now if that was a man told to fondle his balls Im sure he would find the time !!!

I tried the nipple stimulation with DD1 and walked my ass off, she came when she felt like it. I agree with one of the posters, you will give yourself contractions w/nipple stimulation, but baby will come when they want or you are medically induced.

My Gender Dreaming

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast