Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Rainbow I think its more likely a urine infection but i can hope its baby related :-) ha ha

I am due to see a consultant on monday ( again my wishes ) when i will be 40+2 to talk about what will hapen if i get to 42 weeks - what my options are as i can not be induced with pitocin due to an allergy. I want to know if they can do ARM and then send me home but i think not !!
    Really hoping baby makes an appearance before hand as really want another homebirth.

I will ask for a sweep on Monday atthe 40+2 app even though i obviously dont "want" one Im willing to do anything that "might" help. I am then due to see my moidwife at 40+5 so will get her to do one too and hopefully at some point in week 41 we will have a baby :-) If not 41+5 will be last midwife app so i will request another one then and hope that by 42 weeks its out !!
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mum23, I'm in Canada and I was "induced" by ARM in my home. My midwife came over in the morning, broke my bag and then sat with us and drank tea and ate banana loaf. ARM was VERY effective for me, Maggie was here almost 3 hours later and I was so very glad that I didn't have to endure any of the awful effects of Pitocin. Not sure how different the policies are where you live, but I hope you can get ARM and then head home to wait in the peace and quiet of your own space. Good luck!
    2008, 2011, swayed for a and happily welcomed a ! Margot was born on June 28/2013! She's perfect and our family is complete!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum23boys View Post
    copied from another post : On another note - has anyone had period pains ? I had a few period type pains last night - not tightenings just achey and sometimes sharp stinging like pains right under my bump. I am wondering if it maybe an infection as the midwife said yesterday she was sending my urine off to be tested as had unusually high protein and something else in it.... I hope its not thats all i need right now !!

Well looking at my notes and the 3 different dates that the midwife has in there I am today either 3 days overdue, 1 day overdue or due in 2 days time so at the most i have 16 days left - I really hope its sooner though since i commited to going back to work so soon HOPING baby would be here on time - if it comes 2 weeks late i will literally have 2-3 weeks off :-( Unless of course I win the lottery :-)

How is everyone else feeling at the moment ?
    i had this a few days before and the protein thing tues before she was born, my show started on the fri midwife said that was why levels were high
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ooooooo fingers crossed it could be the start of things then but dont think i would be that lucky
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum23boys View Post
    Rainbow I think its more likely a urine infection but i can hope its baby related :-) ha ha

I am due to see a consultant on monday ( again my wishes ) when i will be 40+2 to talk about what will hapen if i get to 42 weeks - what my options are as i can not be induced with pitocin due to an allergy. I want to know if they can do ARM and then send me home but i think not !!
    Really hoping baby makes an appearance before hand as really want another homebirth.

I will ask for a sweep on Monday atthe 40+2 app even though i obviously dont "want" one Im willing to do anything that "might" help. I am then due to see my moidwife at 40+5 so will get her to do one too and hopefully at some point in week 41 we will have a baby :-) If not 41+5 will be last midwife app so i will request another one then and hope that by 42 weeks its out !!
    if they do an ARM they will want to keep you/baby in for monitoring I guess as it still counts as induction... but fingers crossed that would work if they did it. The risk of ARM is that it might not actually start labour, in which case they'd be committing you to more intervention or infection risk... (I had quite a bit of discussion about this last pregnancy too). Saying that, you could always discharge yourself if you were desperate to leave lol. A sweep did the trick for me with DS2, started contractions instantly!

not too long now for you, though.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm facing a stretch and sweep on Monday for my breech bub. What's not like?
    6 4 Dec 09 2 August 2013

Our sway worked:-) Thank you everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by minimatron View Post
    I'm facing a stretch and sweep on Monday for my breech bub. What's not like?
    you mean what's it like?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im "hoping" to get one on Monday from the consultant - whether they oblige or not is another thing !!
    Im so desperate right now Im even considering having sex !!! ha ha
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I mean what's it feel like. What do they do. What happens after.
    Sex.... No thanks. LOL
    6 4 Dec 09 2 August 2013

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowflower View Post
    you mean what's it like?
    Yes...I mean that.... Stupid phone and fat fingers....
    6 4 Dec 09 2 August 2013

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast