Page 13 of 79 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by prayforprincess View Post
    Girls play much more quietly. Like they paint their nails or do arts and crafts or sit with barbies. I need a child that just sits down!!! I just need peace and quiet in my life!!
    The fact is, every kid is different. Some people have tough girls with major attitude, some have quiet angelic girls. Some (like me) have wild and crazy boys that drive them nuts, and some boys are more mellow. I don't think you can totally generalize and I hate when people act like because we don't have a dd we don't know. I feel like if you dont have a ds you have no clue what us boy mom's go though!
    (please don't take offense to any of this girl mom's)
    Sorry for intruding but my DDs are so loud and wild we taught them sign language to use at the dinner table just to cut down on the noise and screaming...it didn't work.
    They have mellowed out a lot as they have gotten older but they are still very loud, wild, and I feel like a referee all day when they are all home. They had a snow day last Friday, I had hoped to get a lot of homework done. I didn't get one lick of homework done and my feet were killing me at the end of the day from trying to keep up with my kids and all their energy.

My Gender Dreaming

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck Aidansmum! Hope you get results quickly!

Snipsnsnails - how terrible! Be over-the-moon excited for your little girl!! You so deserve to be! Every child is different, and there's more reasons to wanting a certain gender than just a stereotypical temperament. I myself have very active boys, and they are LOUD. Lol they can mimic a loud semi or derby car to the tee! But they have just enough sweetness and goodness in them to keep me from completely losing it (sometimes they make me feel bipolar but ya know!), and I love them to pieces! I would still love to experience that little girl though. I'm more worried about having 3 kids in general and being outnumbered now!!

I hate symptoms! They can be so deceiving. Just wish symptoms were all the same. I got a little hopeful though when I read about the headaches lol! Now that I feel a little bit more human and can actually get SOMETHING done in a day, I have been getting terrible pounding headaches! I'm sure it's just beginning of a cold and congestion or something as there is a lot of crud going around, but hearing your stories got me a little excited I've had a lot of similar symptoms and some very different ones. The ultrasound we got of this one looks similar in my opinion to my DS2's 12 week ultrasound. I really need to prepare myself more that this could be a boy....but for some reason my head just won't do it!! Hope I'm not going to be very disappointed!

Usually we tell people at the end of the first trimester but we can't decided what to do now. I have one friend that knows because she guessed it. Part of me just wants to tell people, but another part wants to wait until we know what we are having. Not sure if we could pull that off though, that's a long time and I have a feeling I'm going to start showing a lot sooner this time. We finally told the kids so it might not be up to us when everyone else finds out
    Last edited by from2to3; January 31st, 2014 at 01:23 PM.
    DS1 2009

DS2 2011

DS3 is here and precious as can be

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Jen, how many weeks were you with the test? Have you had visual confirmation that it is a boy? Harmony didn't orginally test for gender. They were the last of the tests to add gender in and since it is free floating "Y" they are looking for, I just wonder how reliable it is since you have had "Y" free floating DNA in you before.

I am not trying to get your hopes up. You have been through enough. It is just a question of accuracy.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's funny how different KIDS are, not just boys/girls! I have 3 boys who are mellow, quiet kids who occupy themselves very well. On days off school I hardly know they are here! Of course they can get rowdy at times but one "knock it off" and it's over! My neighbor has 3 girls (same ages as my boys) and I literally can't stand to be in her house more than an hour because her kids are so loud and over the top, I can't deal with it!! I agree that people will always have something to say. I told a friend it's a girl and her response was "well you can be done now!" And yeah, it bothers me that she thought just because it's a girl, we're done. I said well we were going to be done either way! People just feel the need to put their 2 cents in!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum3blue View Post
    I had my test done in Sydney and received the results exactly 14 days from when I had the test and not 14 working days. Fingers crossed for you ... My heart stopped beating and I think I almost started hypo ventilating when I saw I missed that call. Good luck.
    Thanks for giving me hope mum3blue. Feel less stressed out now.
    Mum to Lucas 13/12/1989
    Mum to Mateus 02/10/1991
    Mum to miscarried 22/09/2005
    Mum to Aidan 10/12/2010

My little Princess, Anya was born on the 22nd of July 2014. Thanks Mother Earth for this blessing! And thanks Atomic and all the generous and lovely ladies who helped me through this journey.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I woke up with a sense of doom. I just know I'll have another boy. I just have this feeling that I should not keep my hopes us and I'm inclined to listen to my inner voice.
    I hope the Harmony results are wrong for Jen but please let mine be correct, it would be very hard dealing with a bad result. The woman who did my test said to me Harmony is more accurate than ultrasound scans for gender, but I did hear before that it can pick up Y's in the blood from previous children. The things we do to ourselves!
    Mum to Lucas 13/12/1989
    Mum to Mateus 02/10/1991
    Mum to miscarried 22/09/2005
    Mum to Aidan 10/12/2010

My little Princess, Anya was born on the 22nd of July 2014. Thanks Mother Earth for this blessing! And thanks Atomic and all the generous and lovely ladies who helped me through this journey.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by aidansmum View Post
    I woke up with a sense of doom. I just know I'll have another boy. I just have this feeling that I should not keep my hopes us and I'm inclined to listen to my inner voice.
    I hope the Harmony results are wrong for Jen but please let mine be correct, it would be very hard dealing with a bad result. The woman who did my test said to me Harmony is more accurate than ultrasound scans for gender, but I did hear before that it can pick up Y's in the blood from previous children. The things we do to ourselves!
    I know it's hard waiting, your brain is constantly running!! Just try and take a deep breath and not stress until you get the results! (Whaaaat?! Easier said than done, I know!!!!!!! lol) I'm hoping you can find some peace until you get the results and I'm sending loads of pink dust your way!!!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oops double post
    Last edited by menlc611; January 31st, 2014 at 08:12 PM.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Now that I did the blood test I wish I hadn't cause I am now wondering did I contaminate the blood? did my previous 3 boys still have DNA in me which is known to stay in you for decades - its just a real mind f**k excuse my language!! it has just got me sooooooo down!...
    Quote Originally Posted by aidansmum View Post
    5yrs 4yrs 2yrs : Grace born 6.8.14 Thank you gender dreaming for your guidance and support & the heavens above for sending me Grace. For when our eyes met for the first time my heart felt whole and aches no more ♥

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumto3boys View Post
    Now that I did the blood test I wish I hadn't cause I am now wondering did I contaminate the blood? did my previous 3 boys still have DNA in me which is known to stay in you for decades - its just a real mind f**k excuse my language!! it has just got me sooooooo down!...
    It definitely is a stressful time doing the test and reading about how Y stays in your blood, it has given me the tiniest element of false hope. I'm counting down to my visual confirmation - no doubt he will be boy!!! I still have the tiniest glimmer of hope, but it's not realistic as I have already started buying boy things and as much as this pregnancy and cravings etc are different all those theories have been dispelled as well :-). Here's hoping for a healthy baby at the ultrasound.

Page 13 of 79 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast