Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad :(

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad :(

I got all but 1 girl guesses then a dear friend sends me a message asking me not to go out and buy pink and that she was concerned that everyone was 100% positive that I am having a girl and were telling me to go shopping and was worried about getting my feelings hurt. I am guessing she thinks I still have a chance of having a boy since the nub is still angled and not straight forward. I knew all that but seeing her telling me that some of the guesses might not be from people who know what tey are really looking

I'm regretting putting pictures up
    2/04

11/05
    11/09
    06/14

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hate the nub phase b/c nothing is ever concrete. We have all seen girl nubs turn into boys and vise versa. It causes so much stress...especially when we have so many emotions riding on it! Your friend probably was just trying to remind you of that. I know when someone says something like that, it just deflates you. Try to remain grounded and prepare for either scenario that could happen and you will be fine!!!
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    not at all. Do not regret it!
    I saw your nub and it ALL girl to me!! That said, I am not a doctor or psychic; but I can say I am pretty darn good at nub guessing and do know what I'm talking about. No one can tell you anything for certain certain at such an early stage, but based on what we've seen it does look girl.
    Should you go painting the room pink - probably not -- or at least I wouldn't until you see the definite potty shot; but I think you can DEFINITELY have your hopes up that you are in fact most likely carrying a girl.
    I do think your friend is just trying to protect you from getting hurt if its not a girl - she probably just didn't state her true intentions correctly. Feel good for now that what you see looks very promising, but of course remain guarded until you know for definite.
    I know if I see on my u/s what your pic shows -- I would be thrilled!
    Last edited by prayforprincess; February 6th, 2014 at 07:06 PM.
    2005; 2007; 2009; arrived 6/28/14!!
    5 failed IVF/PGD's 2010-2012
    Ectopic pregnancy 2013 that caused IC

Emergency cerclage at 18 wks & Suffered through months of strict bed rest to keep this little man baking. My water broke at 31w4d and He finally arrive June 28 at 32 weeks!
    He is so strong and perfect! Truly my little angel.

-God, Grant me the Serenity to Accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to Change the things I can and the Wisdom to know the Difference-

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by prayforprincess View Post
    I know if I see on my u/s what your pic shows -- I would be thrilled!
    Ditto this!!
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks girls, I am not getting my hopes up for those reasons you both mentioned and I know her heart was in the right place! I am not upset with her, I am upset with myself because I allowed for 1 day to think that I was in fact having a girl. I have had my shields up referring to this baby as Theo (our boy name) and I wasn't going to rush out and buy pink but seeing it from another person upset me I guess lol I'm weird I know! Plus it was facebook and i know all my friends on there are wanting this so bad for me maybe they got too excited and got carried away with the possibility of this being a girl
    2/04

11/05
    11/09
    06/14

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry she bummed you out. Agree with everything prayforprincess said. Your friend is prob just trying to protect you but I think you are OK to feel hopeful & positive just as long as you are aware that there still is a chance it could go the other way. I know nothing about nub shots so I can't help you there but I see nothing wrong with being hopeful as long as you can handle whatever might come your way. I know I wish I had a nub shot to be hopeful about & if I were you I would be overjoyed at least for now!
    02 04 06 10 14

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks dreams
    2/04

11/05
    11/09
    06/14

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know the same feeling!! My sister scanned me and told me girl at 14 weeks.. Then 3 days before my scan at 16+4 she told me she might have seen boy parts. I was devastated! You get your hopes up (for as much as you fight not to) and when someone brings you back to the reality that it could be a boy, it hurts!! I do think there are women who guess on nub pics and don't truly know what they are talking about. I am not a good nub guesser, so I never guess!! lol like the other ladies said, your friend is just trying to protect you.. 12 weeks is early but if GOOD nub guessers are saying girl, I wouldn't stress too much!!! Fx for you!!!

Now with due July 2014!!! THANK YOU Atomic and Gender Dreaming!!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Menic, most of the friends not familiar with the nub theory did not make a guess. I love my friends dearly and I would never get upset over something like that, their love is very obvious by their action and I love them for that! As of right now I myself am 50/50! Better safe than sorry lol
    2/04

11/05
    11/09
    06/14

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lets be honest Grease -- most women do not know anything about nubs at all. ALL of my friends don't even know what a nub is -- and at 12 weeks when its pointing straight out (and a girl) they thy think its a penis. So you can't base your feeling on the guesses of people who really don't know what they are looking at. Those that have an idea of what they are seeing and "know nub's" thinks it looks as girly as it can looks at this point. So that is super positive.
    I also have to say that an experiences doctor can make a very likely correct guess at gender at 12 weeks. Are they 100% all the time. No...but in my experience with 3 children, they have been right all 3 times at 12 weeks.
    And look at it this way - once you have a nub that is obviously boy at 12 weeks there is no going back. Its not turning girl. So if your guesses were boy its cause its more obvious and if the doc told you boy well then most likely it is. But you have all girl guesses. That means it doesn't look boy at all. So please don't feel down.
    That is what I am praying for. I just want it to look girl at my scan, cause I know if I start hearing boy guesses and think boy myself -- then its definitely not a girl. You are not there. You are hearing girl across the board. Be happy and excited!
    2005; 2007; 2009; arrived 6/28/14!!
    5 failed IVF/PGD's 2010-2012
    Ectopic pregnancy 2013 that caused IC

Emergency cerclage at 18 wks & Suffered through months of strict bed rest to keep this little man baking. My water broke at 31w4d and He finally arrive June 28 at 32 weeks!
    He is so strong and perfect! Truly my little angel.

-God, Grant me the Serenity to Accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to Change the things I can and the Wisdom to know the Difference-

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast