Page 86 of 96 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi girls! Just touching base to see how everyone's going? We're well here, Anya is sleeping pretty well at night, last night from 9:30pm-3am, then from 3:40-6:30, so not too bad for a 6 week old I guess. She is very spoiled during the day though and resists like naps like crazy! I finally threw in the towel with breastfeeding and decided to put her on formula as it was getting way too stressful, after 3 days of engorgement and leaking like a tap, milk is finally drying, it made me very sad to stop but she wouldn't take the breast too well and was always hungry and I was pumping around the clock to feed her, too much work! Things are settling though and dare I say we are getting into some sort of routine. DS is finally adapting and stopping being so naughty. He's been driving me nuts the last few weeks! But he is a little helper and does help me with her, which is sweet. Hope you ladies and bubbas are all well x.
    DSC03694.JPG
    Mum to Lucas 13/12/1989
    Mum to Mateus 02/10/1991
    Mum to miscarried 22/09/2005
    Mum to Aidan 10/12/2010

My little Princess, Anya was born on the 22nd of July 2014. Thanks Mother Earth for this blessing! And thanks Atomic and all the generous and lovely ladies who helped me through this journey.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Love her!!!!! So glad things are settling down for you guys! I had to put Emah on formula too because it was getting too stressful and with having to travel to and from the NICU every other day was too much. I EPed for 6 weeks and then I finally dried up!!
    Things are going well here too. We have been running into trouble as far as trying to go back to Africa so there is a good possibility that the kids and I might have to go back alone without hubby and that is going to be stressful. With 20 days to go I don't see how we are going to accomplish everything and get tickets to go back on the 27th
    2/04

11/05
    11/09
    06/14

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Emah is such a cutie, I see her pictures and I feel like giving her a cuddle , I'm glad she's doing so well. I also expressed for 6 weeks, but the heartbreaking thing is having more than enough milk and letting it dry! I cried for 2 days trying to accept that decision, but I was tired and DS wasn't having the best of me because of all the expressing, no time for him at all! So I believe it was the best decision. It was pretty painful for 2-3 days, but now it's practically all gone even though I still give her the breast for soothing and she still gets something out of it, she uses it as a dummy as sleeps straight away

It sounds like it's about to get very hectic for you, you've waited so long for DH to come home and now you have to leave without him? That sucks! hope all goes well x
    Mum to Lucas 13/12/1989
    Mum to Mateus 02/10/1991
    Mum to Aidan 10/12/2010

My little Princess, Anya was born on the 22nd of July 2014. Thanks Mother Earth for this blessing! And thanks Atomic and all the generous and lovely ladies who helped me through this journey.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello friends,
    I'm glad that some of you are still posting, and I hope we can continue to keep in touch.
    It is hard to believe that 6 weeks ago I was just about to go to the hospital to be induced. Nicolas will be 6 weeks old on Sunday!
    The days are going fast, and he keeps getting bigger and his baby hair is falling out. He is smiling now : )

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi girls sorry I haven't been on much, life is quite busy now as I know you all understand. It's great to hear that all the babies here are doing well.
    Aidansmum I am in the same boat as you with the daytime naps! Anya is gorgeous
    Eliana is doing great, but likes to be held ALL the time so it's difficult to get her to sleep for very long in the day. I'm breastfeeding so she uses me as a soother most of the time.
    GreaseMonkey Emah has got so big I hope the stress levels go down for you soon
    Gafan, those first smiles are precious aren't they

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410605082.999323.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 (at age 43, so don't give up hope you older moms!)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gafan View Post
    Hello friends,
    I'm glad that some of you are still posting, and I hope we can continue to keep in touch.
    It is hard to believe that 6 weeks ago I was just about to go to the hospital to be induced. Nicolas will be 6 weeks old on Sunday!
    The days are going fast, and he keeps getting bigger and his baby hair is falling out. He is smiling now : )
    I really hope we keep in touch, we shared some very special times here together, even from afar.
    Isn't it priceless when they give us that cute little smile? It's pure bliss! Anya is also all smiley and cooing a lot, DH always hears it through the monitor and rushes to catch her 'speaking' but usually arrives too late Ge got a coo tonight though before going to work on night shift and that made him pretty happy! Did Nicolas get his immunisations yet? I took Anya 2 weeks ago and she had a hard time with the Rotavirus one! She's finally coming good now. Post more pictures girls, I love to see our bubbies progress! x
    Mum to Lucas 13/12/1989
    Mum to Mateus 02/10/1991
    Mum to Aidan 10/12/2010

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Lunasa View Post
    Hi girls sorry I haven't been on much, life is quite busy now as I know you all understand. It's great to hear that all the babies here are doing well.
    Aidansmum I am in the same boat as you with the daytime naps! Anya is gorgeous
    Eliana is doing great, but likes to be held ALL the time so it's difficult to get her to sleep for very long in the day. I'm breastfeeding so she uses me as a soother most of the time.
    GreaseMonkey Emah has got so big I hope the stress levels go down for you soon
    Gafan, those first smiles are precious aren't they

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410605082.999323.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OMG Lunasa, she is gorgeous! I LOVE her hair! How cute is that
    I hear you my friend, my back screams at the end of the day, even though Anya isn't that heavy, we weighed her today, she's weighing 4.350kg for 8 weeks, but she looks quite chubby! Her tummy doesn't like formula She's been miserable the last two weeks since I stopped BF, we tried 3 different ones and thank goodness the last one, Aptamil Gold HA seems to be more gentle on her tummy, but it got me back expressing to see if I can build supply again and give her EBM for a bit longer, it will be hard but one can only try.
    Mum to Lucas 13/12/1989
    Mum to Mateus 02/10/1991
    Mum to Aidan 10/12/2010

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi all, like your posts!

Sorry to hear anya has such cramps. Hope you can manage to relactate! Gl!

We're doing really well here. Little Fleur put on about a kg i geuss. She's now 4,5 weeks and started to laugh a couple of days ago. So so cute!

image.jpg
    Mother of '08 and '10

And a aug '14

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by aidansmum View Post
    OMG Lunasa, she is gorgeous! I LOVE her hair! How cute is that
    I hear you my friend, my back screams at the end of the day, even though Anya isn't that heavy, we weighed her today, she's weighing 4.350kg for 8 weeks, but she looks quite chubby! Her tummy doesn't like formula She's been miserable the last two weeks since I stopped BF, we tried 3 different ones and thank goodness the last one, Aptamil Gold HA seems to be more gentle on her tummy, but it got me back expressing to see if I can build supply again and give her EBM for a bit longer, it will be hard but one can only try.
    Aww hope her little tummy improves, you just want to kiss them and make it better don't you have you considered a pumping bra? Then you can get on with other things while you're expressing

2014 (at age 43, so don't give up hope you older moms!)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigwish View Post
    Hi all, like your posts!

Sorry to hear anya has such cramps. Hope you can manage to relactate! Gl!

We're doing really well here. Little Fleur put on about a kg i geuss. She's now 4,5 weeks and started to laugh a couple of days ago. So so cute!

image.jpg
    What a cutie! I melt with all those gorgeous pictures! It's so special when they start to smile, enjoy momma
    Mum to Lucas 13/12/1989
    Mum to Mateus 02/10/1991
    Mum to Aidan 10/12/2010

Page 86 of 96 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast