Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: June Chatter

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mocha you pretty much only have 14 weeks to go!! That is not long at all when you look at 40 weeks is it!! It will fly by!
    DW 33
    DH 34
    Dec 2016

Will try for another baby in 2019 to complete our family.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks everyone, its totally amazing...
    sasha Maree was born on the 5th of june at 1.35 pm.
    7 pound 10 ounces, 54 cm long, with a 33 cm head, she is tall and skinny.

went in for my check up on monday, my due date, and my BP was up, 130/90, usually its only 110/60, and i had been having migraines all week, so they kept me in and done bloods, urines and NSTs, after 6 hours they rulled out pre E, and decided they would do a stretch and sweep, and then if i hadnt had bub by thursday, they would organise an induction.

when she done the internal to do the S&S, she found i was already 4cm dialated and super stretchy.
    so this changed their plans.
    they decided with my history of fast delivery, pp bleeding, and my increased BP, that they would keep me over night and break my water in the morning, since i was already half dialated, they didnt want to risk me going into labour at home and wanted to keep everything in a controlled environment.
    so i went home got my stuff and hubby drove me back in.

i have never felt so looked after, they had one OB and 3 midwives with me the entire time, all 100% dedicated to me, and they were all really lovely ladies.
    they took me to L&D at 10am and broke my waters, hooked up an IV, and pumped some fluids in.
    after an hour i was still not contracting, so they decided to give me cintocin to get the contractions going.
    started the dosage at 6, then after an hour still nothing, they upped it to 12.
    after about 1/2 hour at 12 i started to get some niggles, but nothing major, so they upped it to 18.
    i really dont like 18!!!!
    once it kicked in it was basically one long, non stop contraction, it started so suddenly, and was easily the worst pain ever experienced.
    but it was also very quick!
    within 20 mins i was pushing.

2 pushes for her head, and one big push for the rest of her..
    she had a very short cord, so they couldnt put her on my chest until after it was cut.
    they never told me the gender, they all knew that we already had 4 boys, they just handed her to me and let me find out for myself.
    i bawled my eyes out! even now while i type this i get teary from the fact i now have a daughter.
    its just so amazing, and she has completed my whole world.
    she started nursing straight away, and is a boobing machine...

anyway, back to the birth.....
    because of my history of PP bleed, they had a pretty extensive plan in place.
    as soon as her head was out they gave me the needle in my leg, then once she was fully delivered they gave me 4 supositories, and also started me back on low dosage cintocin for 6 hours.
    they wanted the placenta delivered quickly, so if i hadnt passed it with in 30 mins they were planning on taking me to surgery to remove it.

thankfully after about 15 -20 mins, they got me to push again and it came out perfectly, membranes included.

no pp bleeding this time, so it all worked!

she is perfect! and already the most spoilt little girl in the world, we had so many visitors, all with arm loads of pink stuff, i wont need to buy her any clothes for 6 months... not that it means i wont...lol...
    she has a very proud daddy, and 4 big brothers that love her to bits already.
    and i cant even describe how im feeling...
    i can now safely say im done, hubby is going to get the snip.
    i have my little girl.... and i have no intention whatsoever to go through that again....

anyway, my quick update has turned quite long....lol... ill add some pics later today once i download them from the camera...
    2003 2006 2008 2009 2010 2012
    Expecting #6 April 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Danni - great birth story - thanks for updating. I had been stalking your FB page and when I saw that it was a girl I was soooooooo thrilled for you. Great name too!
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats Danni!! I guess your feelings of having a girl were right! Enjoy her
    Last edited by Myloves; June 9th, 2012 at 03:53 AM.
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's great to hear you sounding so elated Danni! Congratulations again, it must have been so amazing when you found out she was a girl
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i hope these links work,
    a few pics...

Last edited by dannikins; June 10th, 2012 at 07:05 PM.
    Expecting #6 April 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dannikins!! I am so thrilled I saw this thread. Congratulations on your totally adorable girl! Sasha looks just perfect and reading your story made me well up with happy tears for you. Enjoy every minute. Peony x

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dannikans what a great birth story. I always wanted to be able to have a surprise at birth but I am way too impatient and I am a total planner it would drive me nuts not knowing

I don't know when my husband will get snipped. We haven't talked about it. I know I am done but I am already getting sad as Lily gets bigger. Part of me wants another but my husband is not willing and I don't think I could handle four anyway. He will probably get fixed in a few years is my guess.
    DS(2004) DD1(2007) DD2(2012)

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks everyone.
    it is sooooo amazing.
    i knew i really wanted a girl, but i didnt realise how badly i wanted her until she was born, and i seen she was a girl.
    i have never cried like that before. and its almost a week since she was born and i still well up when i think about it.
    its nice to have that hole filled...
    Expecting #6 April 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Danni what a great birth story--I welled up with tears when I read that they let you find out for yourself! So happy for you!
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!
    Thought we were done...but expecting a surprise #5 nub looks promising for --shock of our life!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast