Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: June Chatter

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love all the pics on FB Danni Sasha is GORGEOUS!!!
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And can I just say "ARGH!!!!!"

Got my period today....mega cramps and all. I made it a whopping 7 weeks PP before getting it...and 5 of that included PP bleeding...not impressed. And slightly terrified that I could be fertile now...Don't let me down now, condoms!!!

Our beautiful is here!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DM - my periods always come back really quickly too, although I think 9 weeks was my earliest! I always say it's because I'm made to make babies .... but no more thank you!

I've logged on to post about my headaches to see if anybody's ever experienced anything similar. I can't remember exactly when they started but probably in the first week after I gave birth and I have a headache literally every day. Sometimes it's worse than others. Sometimes I need painkillers and sometimes I'm just aware that my head feels tight or I get a quick flash of pain in a spot on my head. My midwife checked my blood pressure yesterday and it was really low even for me - something like 107/58, which might explain why I also feel light headed sometimes! I will of course go to the doctor if it doesn't improve but I'm thinking maybe it's hormonal.
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Z - Sorry about your headaches I hope you figure it out and they get better. I responded to your other post about it. I get them when I don't drink enough water. It has gotten a lot better lately, but was really bad the first month.

DM - I have never gotten my periods back until I am done breastfeeding. I guess I am lucky. With DD1 I had to take something to get them to start again. I am on the mini pill. I wonder if that affects my period?
    DS(2004) DD1(2007) DD2(2012)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never get my period while breast feeding, well it actually comes on lightly once baby is eating regular meals like 15 months old, but then again i breast feed for about 18 months or so. Its great not to have periods, but I also have NO sex drive--poor Dh, it's like a chore for me and I find every excuse LOL. Hey Z maybe i should use headache excuse. Z, it very well may be dehydration from nursing but I did get headaches and it was hormonal. Not as painful as you've expressed but they lasted a few weeks after labor. they would come on sporadically and I wasn't sure if it was the lack of caffeine or sleep or what and many friends suggested it was hormonal. If they last, see your doctor but hoping it's nothing!
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!
    Thought we were done...but expecting a surprise #5 nub looks promising for --shock of our life!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    by the way--can't really ask on Fb but is everyone using a sure method birthcontrol? I have always relied on breastfeeding to be my BC but I wasn't opposed to getting pregnant again. this time I do NOT want to get pregnant (maybe a small part of my heart wouldn't mind but we are DEFINITELY done). I have like no options--the pill makes me nauseated, fat and emotional--I'm allergic to latex condoms, IUD is too invasive for my liking, I really don't want any kind of hormones (i.e. nuva ring)especially since I'm nursing. I think DH just needs to get snipped--AGH! This becomes a sore subject at home!! After all I have been through giving birth 4X--it's the least he can do!!!
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!
    Thought we were done...but expecting a surprise #5 nub looks promising for --shock of our life!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know what we'll do Glittergirl. I know our family is complete but, on the other hand, I don't like to close the door completely. I've no idea why as we really are done. I mentioned to DH about getting the snip and he said (this is so funny!) that he kind of feels that if he gets that done his body might think 'that's it' and he'll start to move towards death (or something along those lines). Men!! I expect we'll be using condoms for a while until we decide what else we're going to do. I had the Mirena coil before we ttc Eliza and it was great for about a year and then I started bleeding really randomly, which wasn't so great! Years ago I had the depo provera injection and exactly the same - I had no periods for a year and then the random bleeding and cramping started. DH and I haven't DTD yet (it's been just over 2 weeks and I'm still bleeding on and off) but there has been fooling around. This is, no doubt, too much information but when I had the big O I had what I think they call a thunderclap headache - in that it started suddenly at the crucial moment and only lasted a couple of seconds. I wonder whether that backs up the hormonal theory or not?!!

Do your babies still stay downstairs with you during the evenings or do they have an early bedtime? My boys all started going to bed for the night at 6/7pm at around 2 weeks but I can't bring myself to have Eliza anywhere but with me! The problem is that she's struggling to settle in the evenings down here with me and I know she'd actually rest better in her own bed (she LOVES the hammock!) and I wonder if I'm being selfish - and also whether it's unfair on the boys because I can't dedicate any time to them as I'm always holding Eliza and she's always needing something!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh Z.....the headaches were BAD after this birth....like REAL BAD. I took tylenol daily for 2 weeks from 1week PP to week 3-4 PP. I checked my BP too but it was really low. I drank more which helped to relieve them a bit but I really think it was hormonal. I never had this after my boys at all. I was a little freaked out to be honest. They've totally gone now and I feel fine. I seriously thought that maybe I was going to have a stroke...or that maybe I had a tumor in my brain...yes, I'm a hypochondriac....
    I hope they go away soon. You're probably completely fine xoxo

BC- I think hubby is getting the big V sometime after Fina is 6m old. I have many friends who's hubby's have gone that route and they've all talked to my hubby and let him know how simple and easy it was. I think it helps him some
    I too will not take bc pills(read Suzanne Somers book on hormones....you won't touch them again...yikes) and an IUD is totally not my thing so its either condoms(the expensive non latex ones as I too am allergic to latex) or Big V. I will not get my tubes tied....I birthed 4 babies, had 10 stitches in my labia after DS1 was born, and had crazy back/pubic pain for months during this last pregnancy....I'm afraid we'd have no sex at all, ever again, if my hubby didn't step up and take one for team
    Just tell him...it's either a bit of swelling and pain for 2 days...or another mouth to feed...lol!

So....we DTD 2 weeks ago for the first time....lets just say I hope things start to tighten up soon...lol! I almost asked if it was in!!!!

Our beautiful is here!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With my twins I got my period after 8 months, but with ds3 it was 6 weeks, even though I was exclusively BFing!!! So unfair!

Sorry about the headaches, Z - that really sucks. I think I always kept my babies downstairs with me until I went to bed. I kept s playpen in the living room that I could lay them in if they didn't want to be held.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah the snip does seem so permanent, it's just so final ! Maybe I'll be lucky and go through early menopause haha I'm 36. Dm--I think I should look into non-latex condoms...we always did pull out but there is room for error with that
    Z I cosleep with EvaLili and did so with all the boys so she pretty much goes to sleep when I do then wakes with me. the kids are off from school for the summer and DS3 has been sleeping with his brothers in their room and they have been going to bed super late and waking up late too. that will change soon since we have year-round school and they start up again late July. their normal bed time is 8:30. We are kinda funny cause we are a family of 6 living in two bedrooms. We have 3 spare rooms upstairs and none of the kids are ready for their own room or to be upstairs alone. DH thinks we shouldn't push them and I agree since they are little only once. It kinda makes them close when they share the one room like that . I'm sure my 10 year old will want to get away from his little brothers soon though!
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast