Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: June Chatter

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I always make dh wait at least 6 months post-baby to dtd. Honestly, with the breastfeeding and the sleep deprivation, sex is the LAST thing on my mind. Poor guy - we don't tend to dtd much if at all while I'm pregnant either, so he has QUITE a dry spell to put up with.

Princess - hugs for your tough decision. I know I am done after this baby - I'm sure if it had been a boy a small part of me would have wanted to keep trying, but we're stretched way too thin with our finances already, and so #4 would have been it whether it was a boy or girl. Honestly, even trying for this baby put a lot of stress on my relationship with dh who didn't want another baby, so going for #5 might have been the straw that broke the camel's back.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all for the word of comfort! I knew you all would understand...most of my friends and family understand too...but not is the respect you all do. I was extremely sore and slept all day yesterday. Today I am feel much better....yesterday I was taking the strong meds codine and today just some regular Ibpurofen. So the deed is done......as much as I would have loved another baby boy or girl.....I hated being pregnant!! And money wise we are struggling now so more babies would have been a bad idea. Oh well so is life.....things are so crazy here that more babies would have made it much harder to focus on the other kids.
    Right now I am dealing with DS1's father(not my hubby now) trying to persuade our son to live with him....telling him he needs to grow up etc etc. This man has not been a dad for over 10yrs.....he calls to have his visits with him when he can or has the time to...basicly when it is convent for him to....and he has been telling our son that he has to be a certain person or do things he doesn't want to etc etc. The man is a a** when it comes to raising a child. He doesn't like who his son is and wants to make him change. And everytime DS1 stands up for himself his dad tells him he is full of bullsh**.....which makes me so mad. I am trying to be calm and let our son decided but in the end I will not allow him to just live with his dad....if his dad really wants him than he can go back to court and have the order changed....and a judge can see for himself that he is persuading his son....and the judge can decide if he should live with dad. But if his dad thinks I am just gonna lay down and let him go live somewhere else....if ha a rude wake up call coming!!
    Sorry I needed to vent a little....my son just told me this last night his dad called him and my son is thinking about it! GGRR
    "All because 2 people fell in love"

1998 2007 & 2009
    2010 Evan Daniel....fought hydrops for 4 long weeks then I said "it is ok to go now" gone but never forgotten

5/7/2012 He is finally here!!!

http://princessamongprinces-1.blogspot.com/

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow Sarah I don't know what I would do--I can't imagine any of my kids moving away. The way you described his dad,
    i really don't think he will want to live with him... he sounds like a total jerk! Your son may feel some pressure from his dad, maybe he doesn't want to disappoint him, but in the end he will want to stay with you. Good for you for standing your ground--he should have to go to court to get him! My SIL went through the same thing and now that her daughter is a teenager she "threatens" to go live with her dad whenever she and her mom disagree, but in the end she can't stand her dad and sees right through him. He also only spends time when it's convenient for him and misses so many important events! (((HUGS)))
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!
    Thought we were done...but expecting a surprise #5 nub looks promising for --shock of our life!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks GL......sorry to just go off like that on here especially! It was one of those days I guess. And I know it is all talk when it comes down to it.....my oldest is just as big a momma's boy as his little brothers are! It just bugs me to no end the things his father tells him and tries to pull. Oh well the joys of being a mom to a teenager! Ugh!

1998 2007 & 2009
    2010 Evan Daniel....fought hydrops for 4 long weeks then I said "it is ok to go now" gone but never forgotten

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been out of town so I havn't been on for a while. Princess sorry to hear about all you are going through. I know that I am done, but I am not yet ready to make it final. Even though I am sure I am done part of me wants to leave room for an accident But I really don't think 4 kids would be for me.

Mocha I am the same as you. We harldy dtd while pregnant. The few times we have tried in the past it was just too awkward We also don't dtd much while I am nursing. We havn't dtd yet and my little one is 2 months old. I am so not looking forward to that first time.

Well Lily has been going to bed a little later lately so she hasn't been waking up until 3. And then she eats at 6 and goes back to sleep. It has been so nice not having to wake up at 1. We shall see how long that lasts. I am starting to get sad. I only have one month before I have to go back to work. I start back on July 30. It is so hard to leave a baby with a babysitter. I am trying to enjoy my last month, but everyday I think about how soon I go back. I wish I could stay home with her. I feel like she is going to grow up so fast and I am going to miss so much of it and she is my last. I know it will get easier after a few weeks back at work, it did with the other two, but she and I have a much stronger attachment than I did this early on with the other two. We visit our new day care provider on Tuesday. Our old one retired last year.
    DS(2004) DD1(2007) DD2(2012)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel for all you mamas who have to go back to work and leave your little ones. I'm a SAHM, so it's not an issue for me, but even if I did work we have a 1 year maternity leave here in Canada, so moms don't have to leave their babies when they're too teeny. I think it's one of the reasons why nursing to at least a year is so common here.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A one year maternity leave would be wonderful! I will be pumping at work like I did with my other 2 so at least I can continue nursing
    DS(2004) DD1(2007) DD2(2012)

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i couldnt go back to work, i have tried and its too hard, i just cant to it, and i have serious trust issues as far as my kids are concerned.

here are a few more pics...
    taken thismorning. 3 weeks 5 days

yesterday, finally caught some smiles...

2003 2006 2008 2009 2010 2012
    Expecting #6 April 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow a 1 year maternity leave?? That is So wonderful--wish it was as progressive here. I stay at home as well. I'm a speech language pathologist so i work with delayed children ages birth to 3. I do therapy in their homes and I just now started taking on new patients, but i only work saturdays so that my husband is home with the kids. I too have major trust issues with anyone watching the kids. I do think it's wonderful for those who find perfect caregivers for their kids. I always hear about great nannies and sitters. We rely on family once in a blue moon if we want to go out but that's rare these days. hard to find time and someone who can watch 4 kids at once! Just enjoy your time with her Lobella...you're right they grow up so fast and i just take in every minute I can!!! When my 10 year old wants us to play with him or take him to the movies, we cherish those times and hang out with him as much as we can. we remind ourselves that in a few years he wont want us to take him to the movies or the park--instead he'll want to be with his friends
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!
    Thought we were done...but expecting a surprise #5 nub looks promising for --shock of our life!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey ladies....come join us over in the new forum! Birth clubs!

1998 2007 & 2009

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345