Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Begonia –I’m so sorry about your terrible dream….That's just awful! I’ve been having a lot of really low thoughts about the health of my little bub lately. It’s terrible, especially since I’m such a worrier normally anyway. I know worrying doesn't change anything and probably even makes things worse but I can't help myself. I love this guy and I want him here healthy, safe and sound! I’m feeling kind of similar to you…sometimes I go crazy wanting to know the sex of this baby, partly b/c if it’s a girl, I can stop feeling so bad that it’s not and then also if it’s a boy, I don’t have to keep my false dream alive any longer…I’m just hoping I can stay the course and not find out b/c I remember how cool it was finding out on D-day. Man…I’m kinda torn! I sort of really want to “nubsess”...

OMG…Reuben sammies….I’m a vegetarian but they were my favies as a kid. I make some really kick-@$$ vegan Ruebens sometimes…now I reallllly want one, especially before major nausea starts! Still have my FX it’ll be a wonderful last pregnancy tied up w/a pink bow at the end! BTW - now I’m going to think of you and churros every time I go to Cost-co, lol. I’ve never had one…maybe I’ll have to try one for you!

Kris – your sister is never going to make it! There’s just no possible way unless she lives across the country and never visits. Too funny…I’m wondering how long she can make it w/out knowing. Bet she’ll know by the time you’re about 28 wks or so. I agree w/you on the shopping…just not good gender neutral stuff out there! It seems like what would work well for a boy wouldn’t be that great on a girl and vice-versa. I’m excited you’re finding out b/c I can live vicariously through your results if I do indeed wait to find out on this one. Whether this is your only baby or you go on to have one or two more, just enjoy the ride…yucky nausea and all. It’s such an experience and even though in your last mos, you’ll be so ready to deliver, you’ll actually miss your belly bump after you do. Take it all in, Mama!!!

Cheeky – I totally almost wrote in my last post that we should swap kiddos if we wind up w/the wrong gender, lol. Ahhhhh, if it was only that easy, lol. I know there’s nothing I can do about the gender of my baby now but I still really want my girl and if I screwed it up on this last time that I’ll ever be preg again, AAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!! I know I’ll love this little guy but I’ll always be missing my girl. I know you can relate b/c you need your boy just as much. I forgot…are you waiting to find out or will you be “nubsessing”? There’s a good chance you’ll be able to see the heartbeat at 6w5d but it really depends on your doc’s equipment. If you don’t see a heartbeat, DON’T GET DOWN since it may take a few more days. Here’s a link that you may find useful (scroll down to week 6): http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pre...evelopment.htm

Well, no crazy cravings here…just eating well for the most part. I put on 4 lbs since I found out I was preg and I hope to put on a few more before I’m 8 wks incase I lose weight again w/this pregnancy. It’s kind of fun to put on weight instead of being on the eat-nothing-but-air-and-white-rice girl diet. I made my 1st appointment for Aug 16th so I should be 7w4d I think. I’m excited and nervous but frankly just ready to get this show on the road! I was looking at baby names yesterday and I’ve got a nice new one for a girl but DH doesn’t like my boy names. They’re recycled from the last two times around when he vetoed them then as well…AAAHHHHRRRRGGGG!
    Jen + DH = & ... '08 & '10..........and hopefully 2012
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Suddenly surrounded by angels, we are honored and humbled to be the parents of our twins - 8wks and 16 wks (girl)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Ovulation Chart for a R A I N B O W in 2012

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Vegan rueben?!? Do you just do kraut and russian dressing and vegan cheese or do you use a meat sub too? It's funny as I'm not vegan but used to be vegetarian, and lately I'm thinking I might go back to vegetarian post-pg. Although so far the only meat I've wanted while pg is in the rueben, LOL! And OH MY the churros are delish and huge ... I share one with my girls

Your thoughts do sound just like mine! I was having breakfast with a friend this morning and wondering if I want false hope thru the pg that it could be a boy, as much as I try to just believe it is a girl so I can be surprised IF it is a boy, part of me keeps clinging to the hope that it IS a boy. I want to shove that part in a sack because I wish it would just go away. I hate having gender desire. I know it'll pass for me one the LO is here but until then I think it is going to be a recurring theme

FX you don't get sick this time around!!! It can happen even if your 1st two were tough! So excited you have an appointment booked ... that will help ease some of the worrying

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have my 1st midwife visit tomorrow! Its in an area that I'm not familiar with so that will be a nightmare, I get lost going out the front door! I have to admit I'm excited though! I have a feeling that my iron is low as I have been completely lethargic for the past few days, and iron is something that usually drops on me, but the iron tablets give me terrible constipation lol, and plays havoc with my farmer giles

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Our little March thread has been so slow! OOB and Glitter I hope you girls are feeling well!

Anyone had any fun appointments to fill us in on?!?! My next one isn't for 2 more weeks but I'll be having my NT scan and am keeping FX for a healthy little bean!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was able to see my baby's heartbeat on Wednesday. such a sigh of relief! I have the normal kaiser appt on Wed where you fill out all the paperwork and they give information to a bunch of prego people then another Dr. appt on Friday. I imagine my appts will go to once per month at that point.
    16yrs 7yrs & 4yrs
    DS#2 died day of his birth 12/15/10

Praying and swaying for a precious baby boy but being blessed with a instead

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have my NT scan on the 1st September, very excited about that, secretly hoping to see twins of course but I am 99.99% that I won't lol. My kids go back to school on the 5th from Summer break so hopefully I'll feel confident to start telling people if they ask, which they do, daily, which is annoying!

I can't wait to see babies heartbeat! I keep being tempted to book a scan but then as I am happy that baby is ok I feel that that would ruin the NT scan 1st look with all arms and legs in place if that makes sense

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My 1st scan is a week from today not expecting to see much but will be thrilled by a beating heart!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris217 View Post
    My 1st scan is a week from today not expecting to see much but will be thrilled by a beating heart!
    Kris you might be surprised! I was 8 weeks 2 days at my scan and you can clearly see that it is a tiny baby ... head, rump, and even the little arms starting to show.

ELP people are already asking you??! Are you showing already? I wouldn't be surprised given this is #9 but still, I can't believe you can be showing enough that people feel comfortable asking you. I typically don't ever ask, LOL, I'm too afraid to be wrong or she'll have JUST had the baby or something horrific like that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL, No not showing but due to my compulsive pregnancy habits people just tend to ask me on a daily basis 'Is the new one in there yet??' Lately I answer 'No, I'm having the summer off and he's promised me twins for xmas' This usually shuts them up for a week If I had my way I would just deny it full stop! And say that my belly was a cyst which was being looked into, seriously!! People just drive me nuts atm, hate them!! WHy is what you do anybodies business! Sorry going into a rant here lol, I think its the pressure of knowing 'the conversations' are going to come up again 'Do you think its a boy this time, I doubt it' and aaaaaallllll the rest!!!! The one I'm now dreading telling is my Dad, he goes physically white and his knees almost give out each time I tell him I know he just worries, but come on! he must have realised that its a seasonal thing with me like Easter!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ELP View Post
    I know he just worries, but come on! he must have realised that its a seasonal thing with me like Easter!
    Oh ELP you crack me up!!!!

I've mentioned it before but the one thing about pregnancy I really don't like is perfect strangers know this intensely personal thing about me just by looking at me ... and they comment on it, and offer advice, and UGH that whole bit just drives me insane! If I could keep it a secret all 9 months and just pop up one day with a baby I would!

Other than that though I enjoy pregnancy

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast