Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Boy for me...I've got a few boy names this time around. Nothing I love but they'll work. W/DS#2, I had nothing!
    Jen + DH = & ... '08 & '10..........and hopefully 2012
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Suddenly surrounded by angels, we are honored and humbled to be the parents of our twins - 8wks and 16 wks (girl)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Ovulation Chart for a R A I N B O W in 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by begonia View Post
    Yes I think out of self-preservation I am wholly convinced I have DD3 in my belly. And I'm Ok with that so it's a good strategy for me! I'm trying to put thoughts of a DS totally aside at this point.

With DD1 I was SURE it was a girl and was right, DD2 I was 100% she was a boy bc the pregnancy was 100% different. I was shocked at the us. This one I just haven't really let myself picture a boy since getting the BFP ... though before getting pg I focused very, very hard on picturing our son, imagining holding him, etc. because I do think positive thinking and believing things can and will happen is important. Now that I'm pg and "thinking" won't change it I just want to be OK with a girl so I focus on that, picturing us holding her and loving her.
    This is EXACTLY me....past 2 babies and how I will be in the future when pg. But I hope all of us get what we want or are super happy with our healthy little babies either way!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm gonna kick myself for saying this...but I really think this is my girl. I'm probably totally wrong...like I was with DS3...but hey....I fell in love with him instantly at birth and I really thought that I'd be so disappointed if he was a boy. I was wrong
    So anyway....here's my guess

Girl
    Born April 21st 3:11am ()
    Weight: 7lbs14oz
    Easy and fast homebirth.

That's my guess and I'm sticking to it! LOL!
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was sure DS1 was a girl, so much in fact that I did not believe DH when he said he saw boys bits on a 36 week scan and asked them to double check when he was born!! I was sure DS2 was a boy from the start. I thought DS3 was a girl initially since I had a very different 1st trimester, but when I saw him on the 12 week scan I really had an instinct he was a boy. Then he flashed his bits at me on a 22 week scan, so I was left with little doubt.

This time my initial instinct was girl, then I felt boy, then girl after the 12 week scan, then boy, now girl again.

So: My heart thinks girl, but my head says boy, so not to suffer GD again!!
    7, 5, 2, 02/12/11

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nicnee1976 View Post

So: My heart thinks girl, but my head says boy, so not to suffer GD again!!
    This is how I would put myself currently! But the opposite since I have girls and swayed boy ... so in my head I think girl but there's this little bit in my heart that keeps thinking boy. I said something to DH last week about "when he arrives" and it just felt right. Initially I was trying to think nothing but girl but found that was making me kind of upset, instead of "getting me used to the idea" like I hoped it would. So I threw that out and since we're not finding out I've got 7 more months of hope, and I like that

DM I can't help it but I really think this is your girl too! It just seems so serendipitous, with the early O, and the "bad" timing due to your plans ... something about this pg was surely meant to be Boy or girl this baby is something special and I can't wait to see a picture in April

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and Nicnee, I hope this is your little girl! Are you waiting til birth?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    not pregnant yet, but I swore ds3 was a girl, I even told the u/s tech she was wrong lol, and still held on to that I was a having a girl, even when I had a good boy shot u/s pic lol and even checked when he was born, now ds4 I knew was a boy but really really wanted a girl but being disappointed so many times I dont think with #5 that I will let myself think anything but boy and just pretend I will be having a boy, they become more real to me at birth, I love them instantly so with #5 i will not be finding out the gender until birth, it will be my last and I think I will handle it better if I wait,
    Married for 20yrs, SAHM to 7 healthy boys and one surprise daughter(2021)

Sometimes God's plan is different than what you had in mind, but His plan is always better and He might surprise you later

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by begonia View Post
    Oh and Nicnee, I hope this is your little girl! Are you waiting til birth?
    Yes we are waiting until birth. I was tempted to find out from both my amnio and my 20 week scan, but I didn't want to risk GD for the rest of my final pregnancy, like I did with DS3. I want to enjoy it. That said we saw no evidence of boys bits at all on the last scan we had, but my nub shot is ambiguous.

I can only hope and pray this is my girl. If not I will have to wait for fantastic daughters-in-law and beautiful granddaughters!!

Two things that do make me feel this is a girl though are that we were done having kids after DS3, but then one day I got this 'thunderbolt' of inspiration that I should have a 4th to get my girl.
    Also, last time I was pregnant it was a complete surprise and everything around the pregnancy felt so negative, I felt ashamed, I was emotional, things kept going wrong in our life. This time I feel in a very positive place, like we have had a lot of good luck lately. I have been so calm and almost serene this time. I just feel as though things are finally going right and I hope that applys to this baby too!!
    7, 5, 2, 02/12/11

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nicnee I can identify with you on the last pg you had ..... our DD1 was a complete shock and I was just a mess about it for the whole pregnancy. It was just such "wrong" timing on so many levels. Yet now, I'm so glad it happened because she's just so wonderful!

So glad to hear that this pregnancy experience is such a good one for you; FX it continues to be that way the whole way through and you get to hold a sweet baby girl at the end!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really thought i was having a boy but found out on saturday that i'm having a girl.
    08 09 12

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast