Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

January Chat Thread

You know what sucks about finding out the gender secretly? Having to look for boy names when you know damn well you won't be needing one! LOL

How is everyone???
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I decided to join this month's thread. I hope that is ok. I am always lurking on how everyone else is doing
    DM I am just a week behind you. That would be hard to have to look for a boy name when you don't need one. My husband and I do not agree on any boy names so I was so glad we are having a girl.

It is exciting to feel so much movement now. Certain times of the day she moves so much. It is a very reassuring feeling. She sure didn't move much earlier and I would go many days without feeling her. So I went to the ultrasound place and paid for another one a few days ago to confirm again. I got a pretty good one at 18 weeks but her legs were so tightly closed I was nervous. Well now that I am 23 weeks her parts were developed and it was very obvious. Now I can buy pink without hesitation.
    DS(2004) DD1(2007) DD2(2012)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    YAY!
    proud momma to FOUR studly dudes
    *** colin | aidan | brendan | duncan ***

-my blog | www.loveandlittleones.com

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I giggled when I saw your FB status DM!

Hi Lobella! Are your older children a boy and a girl? Congratulations on your new baby girl, I can't wait to buy pink either

AFM, I'm falling apart! I had some back ache earlier this week and now I can barely walk but it's my left hip or left side of my pelvis (I'm really not sure!) which hurts whenever I put any weight on it. It's ok just pottering around the house but as soon as I do anything more strenuous (like a little walk in to town!) it starts playing up. Last night when I went to bed I was getting weird shooting pains which went down in to my groin too so I'm wondering whether I'm getting SPD - I've never had it before. Doula - I was going to ask if you had any advice, any stretches or exercises you'd recommend?
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Z- I figured you would!!! LOL
    Lobella- Yay for girlies!!! I'm just thrilled to be able to buy some girlie clothes and find the perfect girlie name

On the topic of names....

I'm having an issue. I LOVE my name choice. We have decided on Rhoslyn Lilyanne. It sounds beautiful to me and looks nice too. The issue I'm having is that it doesn't FEEL right....which is very annoying...LOL

Before getting pregnant this time I had actually decided that although Rhoslyn is beautiful, it wouldn't be used for this baby if it was a girl(it's been our #1 Girl choice the past 2 pregnancies and I felt a bit like the name was "used" for them if ykwim?. So then we find out it IS a girl and look through all the baby books AGAIN and just couldn't find anything that we liked.....so back to Rhoslyn we went. The thing is, I say the name to myself ALL the time and I'm just not "feeling" it It's almost like the baby doesn't like it...weird I know, but I'm a strange duck

Could you guys help me with some names please???
    I seem to be drawn to the s sound and the ph sound this time around.

Bear with me girls....I like very different names...here are the ones I really like:

Saphira (pronounced Saf-EER-a)
    Persephone (pronounced Per-SEF-on-ee)
    Seraphine (pronounced SARA-feen)
    Delphina (pronounced Del-FEENA) *Emphasis on the capitalized portions

I know that these may not be everyone's cup of tea but please don't make fun of them! Thank you!

The middle name would stay the same. Thoughts? Thank you!!

Our beautiful is here!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Z- about your hips....have you seen a Chiro before? It could be an alignment issue(which would not only help with walking etc but could really help with birth) You need to find a Chiro that has treated pregnant women before. I see my Chiro all through pregnancy(3 times now) and it really helps my sciatica. Without someone having a look it's really hard to tell what it is. If it's SPD there isn't much you can do If it's sciatica....a chiro adjustment and some exercises will help. No laying on your back, reclining or sitting for long periods of time. It may be a pinched nerve and a chiro could help with that...even a massage therapist could help a bit with that I found that walking(1 hr at a quick pace) really helped my hip pain but you have to be able to actually walk without hurting before you do something like that Have you thought about belly dancing? Once you're not in pain anymore, it's an incredible exercise, helps with strength and flexibilty, and really helps get baby in a great position for birth so labour is easier and quicker. Plus if you dance a bit through early labour it's amazing at speeding things up! Just a thought! I hope you get some relief soon...I know how painful it is as I've gone through this 3x now. Back/hip pain is no joke
    Take care! J xo

ETA- prenatal yoga! Also another amazing thing to do for hip/back pain! I go to prenatal yoga once a week and I LOVE it

Our beautiful is here!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Ladies....been MIA lately I know....sorry. December was a rough one on me emotionally and since it is winter here DH has not been working so we have had to stress over money stuff too....not fun at all!! But here it is a new year and things are getting better. The last week I have been super busy planning our family vacation.....which we will be taking in just 2 weeks time....YAY!! The boys are way excited...we are going to San Diego Zoo, Legoland and the Petersen Automotive Museum! All boys stuff for sure...they are going to love it!! And of course I will totally enjoy there enjoyment of everything!!!

Z I hope you get some relief from the pain in your hip. My hip gets out of place a lot and DM is right a good Chiro visit will do wonders for you! I need to go again in fact as my knee has been acting up the last week or so!

DM I have know idea about names either even tho I am looking a boy names not girl ones....so I am no help to you I guess! lol
    "All because 2 people fell in love"

1998 2007 & 2009
    2010 Evan Daniel....fought hydrops for 4 long weeks then I said "it is ok to go now" gone but never forgotten

5/7/2012 He is finally here!!!

http://princessamongprinces-1.blogspot.com/

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Princess what a super fun vacation!!! Sorry to hear it has been rough emotionally for you; but glad to hear things are getting better Hope the vacay is fab!

DM, LOL ... Delphine is currently our front-runner middle name I love all of those choices, but Seraphine and Delphina are probably my faves from that list. FWIW I like Rhoslyn very much, but I totally completely get not "feeling" it for some reason. One of my top girl names just hasn't worked for any of my girls, which is weird bc I love it, but it's never felt "right" for them for different reasons.

It cracks me up to hear all of you so thrilled to be shopping pink ... and I'm totally avoiding it Like it repulses me; really I can't stand the girly stuff, but then again, everything I bought for DD1 was green even though I knew she was a girl too. I'm just not "girly" and I never have been; I wish I was so that I'd enjoy the girly stuff more, but oh well... I enjoy other things about my babies instead I finally bought some bedding and it's bright sunny yellow. Most of her clothes in the closet are quite gender-neutral (though I've always felt yellow is more girly anyway) and I keep joking with my friends that it's because there's no telling, maybe #4 will be a boy

Zan I definitely feel more aches and pains with this pg than others so I can imagine that with #4 you get even more. FX you get it sorted out!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Z-Yes my older two are a boy and then a girl.

DM-I love your name choices, especially the middle name, Lilyanne. We are probably going to name our daughter Lily Ann, but I have considered putting the two together. I was just worried people would confuse it with Lillian, which I don't care for as much. I also love Seraphine. That is different and really cute.
    DS(2004) DD1(2007) DD2(2012)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the advice DM. I'll look in to seeing a chiropractor and I would love to do a pre natal yoga class but I'm either working or looking after the children so I can't get to one! I've done belly dancing before - it's fun but I remember I pulled every muscle in my tummy every time I went!!

I like all the names on your list except Persephone - I've just never warmed to that one. Have you seen this site?

Baby Names | Baby Name Meanings | Cool Baby Names | Nameberry

I bet if you posted on there (I did!) you'll get some good responses. They have some great lists/blogs on there too.

{hugs} to everybody else.
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast