Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL about meeting SIL there due to her driving ELP!

I am so intrigued by the water thing; until your post where you mentioned it helping with the pains and some stretching I was going to ask what it did to help. Good to know! Learning so much here OH and the after birth pains ... ugh. They were bad after DD2. Worse than labor for sure. Dreading that part with this one.

So DM sorry to bring up a sore subject but I'm just curious about your conference you registered for .. will you be able to transfer your registration to 2013? Can you pay a change fee and still use the airfare for some other travel?

Any reason splitting my prenatal and taking it 1/2 at lunch and 1/2 at dinner is bad idea in anyone's opinion? The dang thing just makes me queasy but I tried taking 1/2 and 1/2 this weekend and it was super. I can't imagine it needs to be taken all at once?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Splitting the prenatal is totally fine, IMO. Or you could take it right before you go to sleep. It might also be the prenatals you're taking. I find the whole food prenatals like New Chapter brand don't make me nauseous at all. The prenatals like Materna(drug store brands) aren't even worth taking....when tested we absorb less than 2%!!! crazy hey! It's not even worth taking. To be totally honest I didn't take a single prenatal vitamin with my last 2 kids. I ate really well, took Flouradix for my Bvits and Iron, and also took alfalfa tablets for my vitamin K(I don't give vitK shot at birth so I make sure that I have lots in my breastmilk) and it also really helps with clotting and hemorrhage as well.
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Taking it right before I went to sleep was what I thought would work best but I take forever to fall asleep, unfortunately, so usually would still be awake when the queasy hit, and then it was only harder to fall asleep! Booo! I bought these
    http://www.rainbowlight.com/Categori...d-c71835132d2f
    because I took them with DD2 and they didn't make me sick, but then, NOTHING made me sick then, I just felt great with her. Also I try to get one with more iron since I've been borderline anemic both pregnancies.

Thanks for the advice DM :-) You're going to be such an excellent midwife!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and about the conference- they won't help me out at all! So I have to try and sell my tickets oh well. I should have listened to my dream....LOL

Hey- I'm thinking of organizing a Spring due date gift swap.....nothing over the top, just something for the new addition. It would be a surprise as to who we get the gift from. I would do all the work-making sure that I keep track of it all etc. I've organized two other swaps like this before it's lots of fun! Anyway, I'm going to create a new thread and see what others think. I'm going to pm AS and see what she thinks

Our beautiful is here!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awwww thanks B. I hope so!

Those vitamins look great! About the iron-liquid form is very good for absorption. Being low in iron at the time of birth is a recipe for a bleed...and the sad thing is, is that many docs tend to treat instead of prevent so to them, low iron is no big deal because they can pump you full of pitocin to stop bleeding instead of making sure it doesn't happen in the first place(also-never ever let them pull your placenta out of you! This is the number one reason why women bleed after birth).
    Sorry...birth rant for the day...LOL

Our beautiful is here!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi guys! Just popping in for a brief min. I hope all is well w/everyone. Sorry I've been MIA...been taking naps when the boys do so I've not had much free time (basically, I'm a slacker, lol...) Just got out of my 1st appt & u/s & wanted to ask for some prayers &/or good thoughts since although the baby looks fine so far, I've got a huge blood clot in there and my OB told me not to move and do as much bed rest as possible. I am scheduled for a more in depth u/s next Tues and will hopefully get some answers/good news then. I have no clue what caused this or what it could be and of course I'm kind of a wreck right now but I think all will be fine. I just need to think some good thoughts. Sending you all lot and lots of & XXX!!! Muuuuaaaaah!
    Jen + DH = & ... '08 & '10..........and hopefully 2012
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Suddenly surrounded by angels, we are honored and humbled to be the parents of our twins - 8wks and 16 wks (girl)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Ovulation Chart for a R A I N B O W in 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no OOTB! Big {hugs} to you, you take care of yourself and let us know how you are when you can, keep up with those naps x
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    Oh no OOTB! Big {hugs} to you, you take care of yourself and let us know how you are when you can, keep up with those naps x
    Ditto to all of that! Please keep us posted with the results from next week. Will be thinking of you!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And DM, thanks for the information on iron. You're seriously great to have around; I learn so much from you!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thx for all your kind words and thoughts. I'm having to wean my 1.5 yr old right now ASAP due to this issue and it just plain sucks. I had to wean DS#1 at 18 mos also since I was preggo and had the swine flu. It was so tramatic for him since it was cold-turkey and I swore I'd never do it like that again. Now I'm faced w/the same thing and DS#2 is not ready AT ALL (and neither am I). He drank his "nah" (milk) this a.m. and then I gave him hempseed milk in a cup the other times. He loved it until it was time to go down for his nap. I caved and gave him more nah. After he woke up, he screamed for over 45 min so I caved again. I feel so guilty if I don't give him nah but even more guilty if I do since it could make this bleed even bigger. Jeeeze...being a Mom is really rough sometimes! Does anyone have any tips for speedy weaning? I'm hoping to go back and read the beginning of this thread (and maybe a few others) since the boys seem to be playing nicely right now...FX!

BTW, I was at Cost-co last week, begonia, and I totally was thinking of you! I didn't get the churros but the hotdogs smelled really good...so gross to think that but they did (and I haven't eaten beef since the early 90s, lol!). Pregnancy is so weird!
    Jen + DH = & ... '08 & '10..........and hopefully 2012
    Suddenly surrounded by angels, we are honored and humbled to be the parents of our twins - 8wks and 16 wks (girl)
    My Ovulation Chart for a R A I N B O W in 2012

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast