Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Celebrate August Chit Chat for all of us expecting Spring Blessings!

Seeing as there aren't too many of us...I thought we could do a combined chit chat every month, along with our due dates clubs

I love hearing about the ladies due ahead of me Makes me excited for my turn!

Anyway,

I'm DM.....due with #4 in mid April. Kinda swayed...not really though as this was a total oops! Oh well.
    How is everyone feeling??

xo
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh fun idea DM! Love it! Our March thread moves slowly; I think putting us all on one thread is a great idea to increase the prego chit-chat. Plus I would put good money on me having this baby in February anyhow, not March.

When is your 1st appointment?

Will be back more to chat but have to go feed my kids breakfast. Needy little things aren't they?!?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HI B I am totally loving that we are due so close to each other(I know 6w is a long time in preggo land but in the whole scheme of things...not really). Oh and if you go for a Feb baby.....Either the 25th..my bday or a leap year baby! How cool would that be!!!

About my first appt.....I'm not sure, really. Unless there is a medical issue I won't be seeing a Dr. at all. I will go in once and get 2 lab req.'s for a blood test to check for Iron, Vit. D and a few other things. I'll most likely have that done at 14wks and 37wks. I may even ask the Dr. for an u/s req, to keep on hand, just in case I feel the need to have one later in my pregnancy. I had one with DS2 and none with DS3 so chances are I won't need one this time around. Other than the one visit to get that paperwork...I hope I never have to see a Dr. (or MW) until the baby visit about 5 days after the birth
    I'm going au naturale with this baby.....

Our beautiful is here!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, DM you go girl! I remembered reading you didn't have the u/s with DS3 and was wondering if you'd do the same this time around. The most "natural" thing I'll do is try to go epidural-free this time. I really, really think I can do it and would love to have my last baby like a superwoman

I would love a Feb birthday but I don't want a leap year baby! I don't know why LOL but it doesn't appeal to me ... and with the way things work that is probably when the little bug will decide to come

I'm just scared I'm going to have a monster baby this time ... DD2 was 9lbs 2 oz and pushing her out was a LOT of work, LOL. I don't know how some women have these 10lb+ babies and I sure hope I'm not one of them How big have your boys been? Did they get progressively bigger? I'm just keeping FX this one will be under 9!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by begonia View Post
    Wow, DM you go girl! I remembered reading you didn't have the u/s with DS3 and was wondering if you'd do the same this time around. The most "natural" thing I'll do is try to go epidural-free this time. I really, really think I can do it and would love to have my last baby like a superwoman

I would love a Feb birthday but I don't want a leap year baby! I don't know why LOL but it doesn't appeal to me ... and with the way things work that is probably when the little bug will decide to come

I'm just scared I'm going to have a monster baby this time ... DD2 was 9lbs 2 oz and pushing her out was a LOT of work, LOL. I don't know how some women have these 10lb+ babies and I sure hope I'm not one of them How big have your boys been? Did they get progressively bigger? I'm just keeping FX this one will be under 9!
    about the superwoman comment....I did feel amazing after all my births I don't ever tell a woman how she should have a baby....but after having had 3 drug-free births, I feel that for myself there is nothing that matches the feelings of empowerment and self confidence, than that of my births. You just have to remind yourself that you were designed to do it I believe in you. As do thousands of your ancestors

and about big babies...unless there is a medical issue....I believe that almost all women make babies as big as their bodies can push out. My boys were 7lbs7oz, 8lbs7oz and 8lbs6oz. Nature, for the most part, is too darn smart to make babies that are too large to get out. Intervention for a "large" baby is usually never needed. Position of mom while in labour and pushing(NOT on your back!!) and no intervention(no induction and no epi) are the most important things when it comes to birthing a large baby, IMO.

Our beautiful is here!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaMama View Post
    Position of mom while in labour and pushing(NOT on your back!!) and no intervention(no induction and no epi) are the most important things when it comes to birthing a large baby, IMO.
    Good to know!!! I was on my back and had an epi, but I made it to 8cm w/o it so was really close. We had no idea she was so big and pushing her out was HARD. So how would you recommend positioning to push out a big one?

On the drugs, I am sure I can do it without the epidural and I'm a very, very competitive person so I'm just going to remind myself of all the women who have done it drug free, and that I am just as strong (probably stronger ) as they are. I also think I am going to order the hypnobabies CD's and see how those work for me, but even if they don't I'm going to spend the next 7 months visualizing my awesome labor because I firmly believe that will go a long way to making it happen. The great thing is I've had such good experiences even with an induction and an epidural that I have ZERO fears when it comes to L&D; I actually really loved both of mine

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

............I'm just scared I'm going to have a monster baby this time ... DD2 was 9lbs 2 oz and pushing her out was a LOT of work, LOL. I don't know how some women have these 10lb+ babies and I sure hope I'm not one of them How big have your boys been? Did they get progressively bigger? I'm just keeping FX this one will be under 9!

I am not pregnant just being nosey in here lol but wanted to comment that they dont always get bigger, ds2 was my biggest and then it went downhill from there lol
    ds1-8lbs 5oz,
    ds2-8lbs 10oz(my biggest),
    ds3-8lbs 1oz,
    ds4-7lb 4oz,
    I am hoping that my next even if its another boy will be in 7lb range since he was the only one I didnt rip on
    Married for 20yrs, SAHM to 7 healthy boys and one surprise daughter(2021)

Sometimes God's plan is different than what you had in mind, but His plan is always better and He might surprise you later

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good to know!!! I was on my back and had an epi, but I made it to 8cm w/o it so was really close. We had no idea she was so big and pushing her out was HARD. So how would you recommend positioning to push out a big one?

On the drugs, I am sure I can do it without the epidural and I'm a very, very competitive person so I'm just going to remind myself of all the women who have done it drug free, and that I am just as strong (probably stronger ) as they are. I also think I am going to order the hypnobabies CD's and see how those work for me, but even if they don't I'm going to spend the next 7 months visualizing my awesome labor because I firmly believe that will go a long way to making it happen. The great thing is I've had such good experiences even with an induction and an epidural that I have ZERO fears when it comes to L&D; I actually really loved both of mine
    I believe fear is close to the number one reason why birth does not go smoothly for most women(that and the fact that birth is a very intimate and private event that has been made into a spectacle in the last 100 years).....so if you have that mastered, so to speak, you are golden! And as for the positions...anything where gravity is on your side- squat, all fours, standing squat....all are good positions. If you can use water during the labour it'll help you even more. :d

Our beautiful is here!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Birth 4 was my easiest, couldn't believe I'd had her! but she was a very neat 7lb. To be honest things have gotten harder again from then on and I honestly think its down to wear and tear (not literally tear buy ykwim). Do people who natural birth medicate for the afterpains?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ELP View Post
    Birth 4 was my easiest, couldn't believe I'd had her! but she was a very neat 7lb. To be honest things have gotten harder again from then on and I honestly think its down to wear and tear (not literally tear buy ykwim). Do people who natural birth medicate for the afterpains?
    I do! Herbs, hot packs, tylenol....it's almost worse than the birth!!!

Our beautiful is here!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast