Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a bacon and cheese sandwich for dinner today!!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Z - I'm so glad you brought up sleeping arrangements because that's been stressing me out! We have a 4 bedroom house - our twins share a room and ds3 has his own room. The 4th bedroom is dh's office, which he uses a lot since he's a professor and works often from home. Here in Canada the ideal is always one kid per room...but then again most people I know don't have 4 kids! Some of my friends look at me funny when I tell them we have no plans to put the twins in their own rooms, and now that we're expecting I imagine ds3 will have to share his room too! Actually, what I'm thinking of doing is a big room switch: I might put all 3 boys in the master bedroom, which is quite large and would accommodate a bunkbed and a twin bed with lots of room to spare. DH and I could then move into his office which is the 2nd largest room, and put the baby in ds3's room, which is the smallest. DH could then have the twins' room as his new office...at least until the kids get older and start demanding more private space. Does this sound like a crazy plan? I like the idea of ds3 getting to bond with his big brothers, then maybe when the baby's old enough he could share a room with him/her for a while to bond.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds yummy, Z! Maybe we should start a pregnant food thread to talk about all the yummy things we're eating! Tonight I'm making grilled cajun chicken burgers with sliced tomato and lots of cheese melted on top on a full salt bakery bun with lots of mayo. Oh, and fries on the side!!

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think I ever envisaged having so many children that they'd have to share bedrooms! We actually moved to our 2 bed cottage from a much bigger 4 bed house and we were only able to extend it to 3 beds. Anywaaaay, I'm so glad the eldest 2 do share because they're so close - ok, they probably sleep less than they would in their own rooms, but I think it's really cool for them. We do have a spare reception room downstairs which we currently use as a den/playroom so one of the boys could have that when he's a teenager if they want. We have no plans to move from here and I know there'll come a time when the boys are complaining that we don't have much space but I hope that when they're adults they'll appreciate that they got to spend lots of time with their siblings and to share many (too many!) giggles after lights out! I really like the idea of a big family all bundling in together even if everybody else thinks we're loopy!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    I don't think I ever envisaged having so many children that they'd have to share bedrooms! We actually moved to our 2 bed cottage from a much bigger 4 bed house and we were only able to extend it to 3 beds. Anywaaaay, I'm so glad the eldest 2 do share because they're so close - ok, they probably sleep less than they would in their own rooms, but I think it's really cool for them. We do have a spare reception room downstairs which we currently use as a den/playroom so one of the boys could have that when he's a teenager if they want. We have no plans to move from here and I know there'll come a time when the boys are complaining that we don't have much space but I hope that when they're adults they'll appreciate that they got to spend lots of time with their siblings and to share many (too many!) giggles after lights out! I really like the idea of a big family all bundling in together even if everybody else thinks we're loopy!
    We don't have a big home either and our girls double up room too, but the eldest has her own
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oops sorry to thread crash I thought this was the boy thread, lol
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree, Z! When I was growing up all my brothers had to share bedrooms, and they turned out ok! I was the only girl, so I always got to have my own bedroom . We also have a finished basement that they use as a playroom that I imagine one or two of them will move into as teenagers. There's also an sunroom on the main floor that it lovely in the summer but cold in the winter (it was a later add-on to the house and not properly insulted or hooked up to central heat) that could be an office for dh someday if we paid to have it made more winter-friendly.

It'll definitely be a full house, but they grow up so fast and eventually it will just be dh and I rattling around in this big house, so I want to try to enjoy the chaos while we have it!

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No worries, TTC5 - we should probably be having this discussion in a more central place anyway since it has nothing to do with gender just having lots of children in general.

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mochagirl View Post
    It'll definitely be a full house, but they grow up so fast and eventually it will just be dh and I rattling around in this big house, so I want to try to enjoy the chaos while we have it!
    That's exactly what we think - our house would be perfect for DH and I once we're alone again (OMG, I don't even want to imagine my boys having flown the nest!!) - so it seems silly to get into more debt to get a bigger house just for the few years when they're teenagers and complaining! Anyway, we may win the lottery before then
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    I had a bacon and cheese sandwich for dinner today!!
    Welcome back to food, Zan, LOL! I looooove bacon. BLT for lunch today! I have a couple pages to catch up on with this thread

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast