Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How exciting, begonia - I'll be stalking you on Monday. Good luck!

DM - sorry you had to deal with such a jerky doctor. You too, Z - I can't believe a doctor could be so insensitive after a scare like that!

Quote Originally Posted by DoulaMama View Post
    Anyway, I love how busy this thread is!!! Z and M...our little chatterboxes!!!! Tee hee hee xoxoxo
    Glad to be of service, DM - I'm happy someone appreciates my chronic chattiness
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you know that many families in Japan have a common sleeping area and they all cosleep They have incredible tight knit families as well. I think it's sweet.

So I went to my Dr. to get a blood req and an u/s req for 18w just in case I wanted to use it...and my DR was a douche. Ugh. She looked at me like I was nuts when I told her plans to homebirth with an independent midwife. Plus she offered to try to listen to baby with the doppler and I said no, it wasn't necessary, she looked at me like I was even crazier...and then to top it off I was making small talk with her and I asked what her third baby was(first 2 were girls) and she told me boy. (This was right after she asked me if I was praying for a girl!) I said "Oh how cool! Third time lucky!" And she gave me this smug look and said, "No. A healthy baby is lucky." What an f'n cow. At that point I wanted to leave but I needed to get my blood testing stuff first. Ugh. I think I'll ask to see a different Dr. the next time I go in. And to think she's my family Dr. I was fuming.

Anyway, I love how busy this thread is!!! Z and M...our little chatterboxes!!!! Tee hee hee xoxoxo
    ITA with the sleeping arrangements; though I don't co-sleep it's because I'm a super, super light sleeper. I wear ear plugs because even DH breathing drives me bonkers, LOL! That said, I can't sleep at all when he's gone! I think it is natural to want someone there, both for kids and adults, especially once you're used to it. Our kids come into our bed pretty frequently. I'm happy that they go to sleep in their own beds, because I think it is important that they learn to sleep on their own ... after all, not many college roomies will let you cuddle up with them

Glitter, I like your plan for asking for a shot and deciphering it yourself! I think that if, like you ... I had a nub that got a TON of guesses that were nearly 100% in agreement ... well, I'd probably find out too. Like Zan said it's enough to get your hopes up, and you kind of don't WANT false hopes like that ... if in fact they are false. It sure does look girly

Zan will you try to get a nub or no? My babe had no interest in showing it off!

Zan and DM, what absolutely rotten docs! DM I would definitely switch if I were in your position. Even in the medical community there are docs who would be understanding and supportive of your choices. Shocking. And Zan, my goodness, such a traumatic time for a postpartum mom and THAT is what he chooses to say. Ugh.

Princess enjoy your pudding! Oh and Zan the chili mayo on a bacon sandwich?!?! Um, I need to make that. It's only breakfast time here but that sounds fantastic.

Thank you guys so much for the support on finding out! I feel so much peace about it since making the decision that I am sure it is the right thing for me. I'm in the US central time and think I'll probably have an update around lunchtime for all you stalkers I wish I could have gotten excited for the surprise but nothing about it excited me. I know I'll be able to enjoy the pregnancy so much more when I can quit obsessing over gender

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So B, at 17w they can tell pretty easily? I'm so on the fence now...ugh. I enjoyed the surprise last time, it was truly amazing, but with this being my last, I think I may need to find out. If I had a mixed group of B and G I would not care at all and most likely not find out. I'm thinking I'll skip the 13w(was going to try for a nub guess) and go for a scan by one of those fun u/s places. That way I can skip the 18w as I was only going to go with the potential of finding out! Ha! My Dr. can suck it. LOL
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Begonia - I'd feel really silly actually asking for a nub shot so I'll just see what comes up on screen and what comes off on my pictures and leave it to fate!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just read through the last page thanks for the support ladies Z- I honestly think I would said something nasty without thinking, to that Dr of yours. How insanely disrespectful. I'm so sorry. They feel it necessary to say something, it's like they're trained to be a-holes to homebirth transfers. Hugs xoxo
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We are going through the rooming discussions too. We have three bedrooms, plus a a large upstairs playroom. I am thinking of putting the two boys in one room with bunk beds -double on bottom, single on top- so they can choose to sleep together in the bottom or apart. Or we might just leave each boy in their own room until the new baby is 1 or 2 as we always cosleep. Or, if the new baby is a boy, we might eventually move the youngest two into their own room as they will be closer in age than the first two. Eventually, we might make our playroom into either a very large bedroom or a master - but then we wouldn't have an ensuite, although the bathroom is next door. Decisions!

DM - that is a pretty crappy attitude for a dr. I used a midwife last time and I got a pretty lukewarm reaction from my Dr. as well but nothing like that.

begonia - good luck at your scan! FX for you.

I had a delux pizza yesterday and it was so good!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How are all you ladies feeling today? The fatigue is really affecting me today. I had an early morning with ds3, and now it's 2pm and I can't keep my eyes open. Normally I'd have a coffee or Pepsi to keep me going, but I usually try to keep to one cup of coffee a day while pregnant, and I already had some this morning. I'm drinking a decaf cappuccino hoping it would fool my body into thinking I was drinking caffeine, but it isn't working. I'm thinking of sneaking upstairs for a 20 minute nap before ds3 wakes up from his nap...and I'm NOT a napper at all, so it must be the pregnancy doing all this.

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So B, at 17w they can tell pretty easily? I'm so on the fence now...ugh. I enjoyed the surprise last time, it was truly amazing, but with this being my last, I think I may need to find out. If I had a mixed group of B and G I would not care at all and most likely not find out. I'm thinking I'll skip the 13w(was going to try for a nub guess) and go for a scan by one of those fun u/s places. That way I can skip the 18w as I was only going to go with the potential of finding out! Ha! My Dr. can suck it. LOL
    Yes ma'am! They can tell as early as 16 weeks, and the "fun" u/s places will REALLY work on finding out for you since it's what you're paying for ... so even if they spend 20 minutes just looking for that, they'll do it. So if you do decide to get one scan, I would go to the fun one. They'll listen to you say you want a profile shot, or a great gender shot, or whatever.

I do agree, too, that if I had a mixed bag already I could handle waiting. For sure. Even if we had decided to wait with our first child I probably could have handled it. But this time (and I do think swaying and being on this board is NOT helping) I feel like I need to know.

I posted on our ttc boy thread but I am having a WEE bit of guilt about DH not knowing. But ... I think it's like Santa Claus, where we lie to our kids because of the fun experience they get to have. He wants the experience. I don't. And in a perfect world I could be self sacrificing enough to hold out on my end for him, but ... clearly not. I feel bad about it. If he finds out I found out though I know that if he's mad about anything it will be that I didn't tell him how crazy it was making me to not know.

Mocha, I was really exhausted 1st tri. More than any other pg, but part of that I'm sure is due to the fact that you get less rest due to the kids you already have. I definitely indulged in more caffeine than I otherwise would have ... I had a half cup of coffee every morning, and a soda in the afternoon. It's funny bc I am not at all a napper either and I took several in the 1st trimester. Often accidentally falling asleep while my kids were playing Luckily DD1 is very responsible, LOL!

Tweedle, decisions decisions! The good thing is it sounds like you have plenty of space, it's just figuring out how you want to use it!

Anyhow ... I'm thinking I might just ask for (obvious) pictures tomorrow at the scan and not have them ACTUALLY tell me. Then I can post them here and everyone can tell me what it is Then it is more like guessing, right?!? And not like an actual professional told me, so ... not like I reeeeally found out, LOL!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Begonia - tomorrow is going to be wonderful but I can understand you feeling nervous and even guilty. FWIW, I'd want to get a definitive answer because lots of guesses (even if they're mostly the same guess!) still doesn't give you an absolute answer and you might want to go back for another scan because you're still wondering every day! I can't wait to log on when I get home from work

I don't have many symptoms at all now. I'm getting a few headaches (this morning I woke up with one so DH got up with DS1 and DS2 but DS3 (23 months) wouldn't get out of his cot until I went to get him so he played in there happily for over an hour while I had my lie in - I kept hearing DH asking if he wanted to get up and he just said 'nooo, mummy'). I've actually gone the opposite to you mocha and I can't sit still, can't stop sorting and tidying! I'm not sure it's anything to do with pregnancy but it's so unlike me - I've never nested in my life and I hate housework! I've been gardening too If it weren't for my aching back (I always get an aching lower back in early pregnancy) I could easily forget my 'condition'. No sickness or nausea now, just like my other pregnancies. Why is it that some get so poorly and some not at all, isn't it weird?!

I was just sat here thinking 'what was that other thing I really wanted to post about on the pregnancy thread, ummmm' and I remembered I DO have a strong pregnancy symptom - my brain has gone walkabouts!!!

... and I remembered! Where the heck has my waist gone?! Also, my fingers are like sausages! I think this may be salt rather than pregnancy but I can't believe that I was worried my rings would fall off to weeks ago because I'm not sure I could get them off if I tried now. My colleagues are going to think I'm so useless for piling on all my lost weight before their very eyes!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've noticed the salt has added instant bloating too, Z. I had the same problem with my rings before - more than once I had one fall off while out and about, but luckily I found them each time. Now they seem to be much more secure. So far my actual weight hasn't gone up, but I'm sure it won't be long....

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast