Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up September Chit chat!!

Hello everyone..I know it's late but what the heck!

How's everyone doing? I'm feeling less crappy today which is so awesome....but also scary....I never feel good at any point in my pregnancies until 20w so I'm a tad bit worried. The only thing making me feel better is the fact that I'm really certain that I feel movement. I felt it at 11w with my third, 13w with my second and 15 w with my first....so it could be possible I guess....

Oh and I'm having second thoughts.....I want to know what the heck I'm having!!! I have about 15 things to make for this baby and it gets harder and harder with each one because I have ZERO time. I have to take the carseat lining and hood off and sew a new one, I always make each of my babies their own quilt and I do not want to make another unisex one...grrr, plus I make all the photo props for my newborn pics. I make their newborn hats and cardigans for winter/spring, a sleep sack, their diapers, wool covers for the dipes, receiving blankets, bibs.....And I want to know what colours I can use dammit! Ugh. I'm pretty darn sure that this is a boy...I have a feeling that it is and it feels wrong to say "she" but if I make everything, green, yellow and red, and it turns out to be a girl....LOL Anyway, I'm on the fence now! Begonia, you'll think this is hilarious! I hate this early part of pregnancy! So much worry, doubting, stress! Ugh!

How's all the May Mama's doing?? M/s kicking in yet? Or the March Mama's?
    xoxo
    Last edited by DoulaMama; September 20th, 2011 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Pregnancy brain
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good idea DM!

You're so funny with wanting to know the sex now - I'm ok with finding out at the birth at the moment but I will definitely wobble several times during my pregnancy so who knows what we'll finally do! You are amazing for making so much stuff for your babies - I get hardly anything ready for my babies (so long as my boobs are still in place we're good to go ).

Amazing that you're starting to feel movement - this sound weird but I'd forgotten that there was that to look forward to! I'm just nervous to make sure this baby sticks I suppose. It feels like ages since I got my BFP but I'm not even 5 weeks yet! I felt really sick in the 2ww but now I'm ok (apart from the stinking cold my kids have given me!). I get the odd symptom I didn't have with the others (shooting pains in my boobs and a little heartburn) and lots of cramping, some which feels so AF like that it freaks me out a little, but feeling so good in general make me think another boy too. When I had DS3 I thought he was a girl but every time we had a scan I got the feeling in that room that it was a boy (though I chose to ignore that feeling!). I wonder if I'll get an inkling this time!

I was very worried today because after I went to the toilet at work I saw some weird tissuey, stringy stuff in the toilet. It was only a little bit and it was pink/red but there didn't seem to be any actual blood. I was at work so it could even have been there from the last person to use the toilet! I'm trying not to think of it as I've had no other spotting or bleeding or anything but it definitely made me more nervous. I've not been at all nervous with my other pregnancies (and announced them to the world ridiculously early!) but I'm worrying more with this one - no idea why!

Do you have pregnancy brain yet? I'm going completely loopy - keep putting things away in strange places and forgetting the words for everything!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Ladies!!!
    I am dieing over here.....morning sickness like you wouldn't believe!! I now remember why I hated this part so much! I am almost 7weeks and will have my 1st appt. on the 26th...praying it gets here already so the Dr. can give me something to help with this ms...ugh! I have to function in this family or else be over ran by the natives!!
    "All because 2 people fell in love"

1998 2007 & 2009
    2010 Evan Daniel....fought hydrops for 4 long weeks then I said "it is ok to go now" gone but never forgotten

5/7/2012 He is finally here!!!

http://princessamongprinces-1.blogspot.com/

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    I get hardly anything ready for my babies (so long as my boobs are still in place we're good to go ).
    LOL, this is me too! In fact, when I was 39 weeks with DD2 and talking to a friend about how we hadn't done anything but put the crib up, she went home and had a dream that night that I was carrying around a newborn diapered with paper towels and a plastic grocery sack wrapped on the bottom! She showed up at my door the next day with a box of diapers and wipes, "just in case" LOL!

This time I'm definitely more like you DM (and yes, I am giggling that you are feeling this way now ... but also wishing you weren't, because it is TORTURE isn't it?!?!) and have so many things that I'd like to get ready. But I don't want gender neutral! Aaaargh. At this point I am really hoping the sonographer or my doctor slip up and tell me, LOL! I love the idea of a surprise in theory but at the same time ... it's so NOT me to wait. I picked out my own engagement ring for crying out loud. There are things I need to know. And this is one of them

Zan my worst ms was in the 2WW this time too! So strange as I never had it like that before. Of course I also never knew I was in the 2WW before bc neither of the previous two were planned pregnancies. And I worry more with this one too. I know odds are in favor of all being well, but I think the older we get the more people we know who aren't so lucky as to have healthy pregnancies and babies. It's just reality, KWIM? BUT ... odds are still very, very much in favor that all will go well for you! And for all of us, FX!

I do agree with DM ... feeling movement is HUGE in terms of settling the anxious mind of a pregnant woman! This one is pretty active and I like it right now because it is little enough to be a reminder, not a bother. But you all know how it gets when they are bigger and you're just trying to get comfortable and keep getting kicked in the ribs! Ugh!

Oh Zan, no real foggy brain for me, but insomnia for sure. Last night I went to bed at 10, couldn't fall asleep, got up from 12-1 (and had a snack ) and then back to sleep til 7.

Princess do you normally have ms with pregnancy or is it a new symptom you can obsess over?!?! Hope the doc can indeed give you something to help; I agree it is just miserable. With my 1st DD it was positively awful. Hang in there!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Princess- I really hope you feel better soon M/s is miserable. I really can't stand being sick all day long. I have a constant feeling of nausea in the back of my throat from the minute I get up to the minute I fall asleep. I even get it when I get up to pee my allotted 2x per night. Sigh~ I really hope it goes away soon for both of us xo
    Z- I'm hoping to get it all done but the reality is I bet I won't even get half of it done I can only craft at night once everyone is in bed, and with the way I'm feeling at night, I'll be happy to get one hat made! Ha!
    Eek! I hope the tissuey stuff wasn't from you! Another thing to worry about! It's most likely nothing though. You have a greater chance of this baby being sticky than not xo
    Ohhh- as for announcing.....I was going to go and announce on FB today...and I'm only 10 weeks! LOL I'm not sure if I should wait to hear a hb but I don't use a doppler(only a fetoscope) and I can't hear baby until the 20+ week mark! UGH! So do I just hope that there is a little beating heart in there...obviously if I'm feeling movement something has to be alive in there! IDK. I may just say WTH and announce and if we find out later that baby is gone, then we'll deal with later. I only have people that I'm close to and chat to on my FB so it's much more private than say having 300 friends that I barely know. When are you going to announce!!!??? I have such a hard time keeping secrets! My kids knew as soon as I POAS basically, and my mom knew the next day, family at 6w.....
    Oh and I don't have pregnancy brain yet...but I do have pregnancy clutziness! I hit everything with my poor toes and I trip over everything.....I hit stuff with head....I'm just a twit lately!
    the pregnancy brain should kick in around the 25 week mark and stay until 6mos PP though

Begonia-OMG I picked my wedding ring(no engagement as I only wanted 1 ring....LOL)too! Hilarious! I am way too picky to have my hubby pick it. Poor man.
    It's so exciting that you're feeling movement quite a bit! YAY! You are moving soon right? I hope I'm not getting you mixed up with someone else....sorry if I am. What types of things do you want to get ready for this new little peanut?

Our beautiful is here!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry about the m/s princesssarah, it sounds truly awful. I hope it passes quickly or that your doctor can give you something to help. When did it start for you?

begonia - I saw your bump pic on the boy thread and I would be proud of that figure at any time. Good for you I'm back and forwards on the finding out the sex thing too. I think I would like to wait and I'm already convinced we have a boy (self preservation - it would be foolish to think otherwise!) and I'm not even sure our hospital will give you their opinion at your 20 week scan (it varies between hospitals). I'm kind of hoping I don't get a nub shot because it'll either get my hopes up or completely dash them and I won't like it if that's all I have to go by for the rest of my pregnancy - which could end up making me find out afterall!

No more weird tissuey stuff for me (I'm beginning to think I was inspecting somebody else's innards - eww!) and I took an HPT this morning and got a BFP straight away which was very dark after the 5 minutes. I don't think I've ever taken an HPT a week after I got my first one, I just haven't worried that much!

DM - I can't wait for your big FB announcement! I've told my mum and dad, my sister and 2 friends but I'd like to wait until we've had a scan before telling the children because I don't want to tell them mummy's pregnant and then for something to be wrong iykwim, it would just be too upsetting and difficult for them to understand. I also don't want to tell my employer too soon. I'm kind of dreading that given that this will be my 4th pregnancy and maternity leave and I don't think it's going to go down well!

My boys asked me last night how a baby gets out of it's mummy and I gave it to them straight - it was so funny, they giggled for ages! I also explained the c-section option and they were far more worried about that!

I've got to go and eat - this is, I believe, my third dinner this evening ....
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OMG Z I hear you on the eating! I eat ALL day. Not huge meals or anything...just a constant eating and drinking of things that will make my m/s feel better. I swear I can't go more than 30 minutes without putting food in my mouth! Never ever had this before with any of my pregnancies! Here's hoping

Our beautiful is here!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey ladies - I'm going to join you here. I'm still leary of considering myself pregnant since I've had only one BFP and it was quite faint, but I'm going to hope for the best. I had a pain au chocolat for breakfast, a shwarma for lunch, and I'm planning to order a panzerotti for supper since DH is out at some fancy work dinner tonight. I'll probably gain 5 pounds today alone!!

I felt queasy all day, but I think it might have been the combination of the excitement over my BFP and the grief over my kitty dying. I really haven't had a lot of symptoms, but then again I'm only 9dpo. I have been cramping badly all day, but I just checked my pee now and it was cloudy - could it just be a bladder infection causing all the pains, or can cloudy pee be a pregnancy symptom?

I hope all you ladies with m/s get relief soon!
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    YA! So glad to have you here, Mocha! Do you want us to call you something else now....I feel bad seeing as it's a constant reminder of your poor kitty

Your breakfast sounds heavenly I can't eat anything with chocolate(couldn't with my other pregnancies either) or anything overly sweet for that matter but I can't wait until the m/s is gone and I can enjoy food again!!! You must be so thrilled not to have to worry about getting pregnant anymore! I know your moms trip is smack dab in the middle...but maybe you'll go 8 days late or something Would she be back by then?
    I was thinking....could you find someone to come to your home a few days a week- like a PP doula or something? That might help.
    I think I had cloudy pee during my 2ww...full of bits etc. It was weird. I don't think I would worry unless you had the urge to pee all the time but you didn't really have to go- in combo with pain. If it's cramps, I would say totally normal

xo

Our beautiful is here!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Right now the cramps are centered around my kidneys, which is why I'm slightly concerned. Of course, if it weren't for the cloudy pee, I'd just be thinking it was a pragnancy-related backache, so who knows? I'll wait a couple of days and see if it goes away.

As for my Mom being away, what I'm most concerned about is going into labour and having no one to watch the kids. She's gone for 3 weeks starting May 31st, so I don't think it's very likely I'll have the baby while she's in the country. I do have two girlfriends who've offered to help, but they both have young kids, and I'm always terrible at accepting help from non-family!

Oh, and don't worry about calling me Mocha. It'll be a way for me to keep her memory alive. I've been Mochagirl on several sites for several years, so it would be weird for you to start calling me something else now.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast