Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Zanacal, did u have any kind of nausea with the boys???
    2002 2006

IDENTICAL TWIN born 3rd April 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    purplefairy - sorry you're so sick - that sounds miserable.

I'm starting to think I spoke too soon about feeling well. I think the m/s is starting for me after all. This morning, out of the blue, I had the sudden urge to throw up while making my boys their breakfast. All morning I've had a queasy, hungry feeling...but I've been eating non-stop, so it's not hunger making me feel queasy. Oh well, I'll look on the bright side - they always say m/s means a healthy pregnancy, right? I was starting to worry about being completely symptomless.

Oh, and Z - I know you're right about my chances of having a girl. Back when I had ds3 my midwife told me that because one of my pregnancies was twins I still have the same chance of having a girl as a woman with only 2 boys. I still have trouble believing that I'll actually get my girl, though.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There has been alot of girls born to mum's of 3 boys recently, so Mocha and Zanacal I've got good vibes for u both!!! Even if it's a 2nd pg for you Mocha, ur midwife can't be sure, so don't give up hope yet. I know what u mean at the same time, I am super sure this is boy no 3 for me. Despite my sway and doing the complete opposite of what I did to have my boys, I'm sure I'm meant to be a mum of boys. My friend had a girl after 2 boys 5wks ago and when I saw her with her girl, surrounded in pink, I just couldn't see it for myself Hope it's a girl, not just for me, but my mum has 4 grandsons, a wee grand-daughter would be a dream come true for her (she's never said that) but I know my mum.
    2002 2006

IDENTICAL TWIN born 3rd April 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really am sorry you're feeling so bad purplefairy. Is there any medication your doctor can give you? I barely felt pregnant with my boys and never really had any symptoms. The only thing which would remind me I was pregnant was my aching back, which I always get in early pregnancy (but not so much this time!). I really don't want to go down the road, even in my head, of thinking that this pregnancy is different and therefore it could be a girl because I'm sure that's just not how it works! I've started this pregnancy from a much unhealthier place and of course I'm older and more knackered - and pregnancies are just all different aren't they?

(Argh, my boys have been on my laptop with sticky fingers - the keys are all sticking!)

Yesterday another mum from school asked me to collect her little girl, bring her back to our house and then take her swimming with my boys (I was a little freaked out at taking 4 children swimming but then remembered I'll have to get used to that!). It was so funny, DS2 was completely in awe of her and kept telling her how great it was she was there and what a lovely day it was and did she want to come again etc etc. and even DS3 was running around calling her name. Now, when it came to getting changed for swimming I asked whether she wanted to get changed in our room and she did but my boys were terrible - DS1 was stood there saying 'look' and playing his willy like a guitar, they were all running in trying to catch her getting changed ands DS2 was shining a torch through the key hole! This made me realise that a boy might fit better in our house Mocha - how did you find having 3 big brothers?!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Having 3 big brothers was great. They all took care of me and still do. The oldest was more like a father figure than a brother (10 years older) and the one closest to me in age (4 years) hated me for many years for usurping his role as the youngest, but eventually he and I became very close. I do find that I had to learn how to relate to female friends as I grew up - I spent all my time with my brothers and my best friend, who was also a boy - so I've never been 100% comfortable in my female relationships.

I am sooooo tired today! I don't remember being this tired in my other pregnancies - I can barely keep my eyes open! I've also started getting heartburn, which is one of my least favourite things about pregnancy.

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    Aww, {hugs} mocha. In all honesty, most people I know with 3 children do have a mixture of genders and I don't believe many of them did anything at all to make that happen. I think you have a good chance at a girl with your third pregnancy regardless just based on that!
    ITA! I do think the odds are still in your favor. In fact it seems to me that more of the successful sways seem to happen to those with 3+ of the same gender already. FX for all of you to hear pink!

I think I'm the only blue swayer on here?!?! Although technically I guess I'm back to pink ... whaddya do ... I have good moments and bad moments all in the same day lately. I can't decide if I should "find out" at our scan 10/24 because at this point, I don't think I can say "It's a girl!" with joy in my voice/face when people ask if I know what I'm having; however, I can say with a smile when people ask "It looks healthy; we don't know but we're guessing girl since we have 2 already" The thing that sucks there is then I have people be like "Oh, you know because you think it's a girl it's going to be a boy!" And I want SO BADLY for that to be true but of course I know it isn't. DH is wanting to find out now since we both think girl anyway, and that way we can tell the DD's. But I just don't know if I want to have to tell EVERYONE "it's a girl" ... and if we tell the DD's they will tell everyone so it isn't like we can find out secretly.

I haven't been on this thread in too long! I'm so sorry so many aren't feeling well Really is just rotten stuff, the morning sickness! Here's to it passing for y'all fast!!

DM your scan is next week right?!?! So exciting! Is anyone else scheduled for potential nub shots?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow I've missed a lot! My kids are on fall break so we took them to Disneyland for a few days. So sorry everyone seems to be feeling horrible. I felt terrible the first few months and a lot of people actually told me I look horrible!!! I think this past trip really helped. I couldn't stop eating and finally no nausea and no vomiting! I really took for granted how perfect my previous pregnancies were. I did have food aversion and some nausea but this time around I was vomiting and sleeping every chance I had to sleep away the sickness! Haha I also kept thinking just MAYBE it's a girl this time since the symptoms are different but then I have to quickly tell myself its a boy so I don't get too excited with the idea. I just saw my doctor yesterday for the second time. She asked how I feel and I said I feel so much better, she said, well you look better, you finally have some color to your face LOL! I asked DH Did I really look as bad as everyone says LOL! I must have looked horrible the first 4 months LOL!

Hang in there girls. I honestly did not see the light at the end of the tunnel but as soon as I hit 4 months it was alike a miracle. I do have aversions and such and I do dry heave at times if I smell something awful, but it's not anything like it was a couple months ago.
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!
    Thought we were done...but expecting a surprise #5 nub looks promising for --shock of our life!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey ladies - this thread has sure quieted down. How's everyone doing? I'm exactly 6 weeks today, and still no real nausea - just a tiny bit of queasiness now and then but nothing close to making me dry heave or throw up. The bloating is getting out of hand, though - last night we had Thanksgiving dinner, and afterwards my belly ballooned out so much I looked at least 6 months pregnant! DH agreed. We had my BIL over and I had to keep trying to suck it in so he wouldn't notice and guess that I'm pregnant.

I'm also experiencing a lot of insomnia, and my lower back is always sore for a few hours after I wake up. Other than that, no real symptoms.

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Glittergirl - glad you're feeling a bit better! I can't remember, did you decide to find out the sex of your bubba or to wait for a birth day surprise?

Hi Mocha! I know what you mean with the bloating - I definitely look pregnant by the end of the day! I'm doing ok. Some queasiness still and I'm starving hungry all day long (and sometimes during the night!). I'll be 8 weeks on Thursday so still a week and a bit until I book in with the midwife and get my scan date.

I hope everybody else is doing ok x
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My first midwife appointment is in almost exactly a month. I'll be 10 weeks then, so she'll likely schedule my first u/s for 11-12 weeks. I'm starting to get really scared about finding out the gender - I think about it constantly - especially when I see girl toddlers and babies at the playground. I always look at Moms with pigeon pairs and am so jealous about how effortlessy it came to many of them. I also envy people who say they don't care what gender they have...and they really mean it (not that I won't love my son if that's what I'm having - but you KWIM).

I really don't like the finality of all this - last time I swayed I knew in the back of my head that I could probably try one more time, but we're definitely not trying again after this. I'm really going to be nubsessing if I get a good shot next month.

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast