Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Celebrate October Chit Chat!

Hey ladies - I hope no one minds that I'm started a new thread.

I hope everyone's still doing well and that those with m/s get some relief soon. I'm still pretty much symptom-free, and was excited to see on my ticker today that my little bean has grown to the size of an apple seed!
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol, an apple seed, so tiny

princesssarah - so glad everything was ok at your scan and that you know your dates for sure now!

I've been feeling sick all day today and didn't enjoy my trip around the supermarket at all - everything smelt so awful! Still, I know I'm getting off lightly compared to some so I mustn't grumble! My booking in appointment with my midwife isn't for another 2 weeks or so, when I'll be 9 weeks. At least it won't be long after that until my 12 week scan!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My first midwife appointment is in November - that seems soooo far away. I have the same midwife this time as last time, and she knows how desperately I wanted a girl, so I'm going to tell her about the swaying. They asked my current weight when I set up my appointment, so if I don't tell her about the swaying, she'll wonder why I gained so much weight in the first trimester! So far I've only gained 3 lbs and all my clothes still fit, but I'm sure it won't be long before things start feeling tight.

Sorry you're feeling sick, Z - I still don't have any nausea, which is weird. I know I should count myself lucky, but a small part of me is worried because I always hear that bad m/s means you're carrying a girl and no m/s means a boy. I am noticing an increased sense of smell - this weekend at my Mom's house she opened a tin of cat food and it was all I could smell no matter where I went in the house.

princess - glad your scan went well, and I hope you feel better soon!

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mocha FWIW I only had bad m/s with my 1st DD. The second was a blissful pregnancy, symptom-free like you so far (which totally had me thinking she was a he) and this one really was very smooth too ... more food aversions than any true sick feelings. So you absolutely CAN still have your baby girl in there! Don't let the symptoms fool you. I liked all the OWT while pg this time because most said it would be a boy, and HA. Jokes on me. Darn it.

Zan, sorry you're feeling ick! It's the worst. I'm so excited for you and Mocha to be having appointments soon though! Starts making it all very real.

Princess, YAY for the scan and for your dates being right! Hope you feel better!

DM, I'm super pumped you're going to have a scan ... FX for a nice girly nub

AFM I'm ok. Not great, getting better. Mostly still struggling with the fact that I thought my sway was so good ... and it didn't work. DH has said if we get another girl maybe it just means we're not done, since we both have such a strong desire for a son, but I can't do this again. I'd have to go to adoption I think and that is such a complicated process. HT is an option financially but not emotionally, I don't think I could bear the trying and potentially failing (as in not falling pg, obvi if you get pg you get DG) there either.

Anyhow I have no doubt I'll love this girl, it's not like I'm worried about that ...but I'm totally terrified of raising 3 girls and definitely envy you moms of all boys. I feel like I would have made a better boy mom but clearly God had other plans for me Only He knows why though 'cause I sure don't see it!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Begonia - I didn't know you'd found out the gender. I'm sorry you didn't hear boy. This little girl must have really wanted to join your family .

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Begonia, your sway WAS great! That's exactly what I thought when I read it when you updated it with the sex - I really don't think you could have done more. We know a good sway isn't a guarantee but it's still easy to get our hopes up when we feel we've done everything, that's human nature. I think it's great that you and DH are both open to another child and I don't think you have to think about the exact details just yet so try not to stress about that. FWIW, I envy you your little gaggle of girls and I bet you're an amazing mummy to them. I wonder also whether there's a reason I have my gang of boys!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In a moment of boredom this evening I took an HPT and it was so cool - the 'pregnant' line showed up before the pee had even made its way up the stick as far as the control line and the line was so dark! I've never taken a pregnancy test this far in before.

It's 9.30pm and I'm going to bed because hopefully when I'm asleep I won't feel sick!! Do any of you have any advice on the best foods to nibble on with morning sickness? I had some sweets earlier which I'd bought as a treat and they weren't particularly enjoyable because they made my mouth fill up with saliva!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    In a moment of boredom this evening I took an HPT and it was so cool - the 'pregnant' line showed up before the pee had even made its way up the stick as far as the control line and the line was so dark! I've never taken a pregnancy test this far in before.

It's 9.30pm and I'm going to bed because hopefully when I'm asleep I won't feel sick!! Do any of you have any advice on the best foods to nibble on with morning sickness? I had some sweets earlier which I'd bought as a treat and they weren't particularly enjoyable because they made my mouth fill up with saliva!
    Try popcorn. Won't raise your blood sugar level and even helps you sleep!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Z - I'm glad I'm not the only POAS addict still peeing on sticks . I still have a small handful of ics, and every once in a while I test with them. I had the same thing happen with a test yesterday - the test line showed up before the control line, and it was even darker than the control after the time was up. I'm really having to use self control to not buy another digi just to see a different pregnancy reading on it (is there a 4-5 weeks one)?

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm getting sick of being so bloated. I swear I look 5 months pregnant for a couple of hours after every meal! DH has even noticed and commented on it - I guess it's my body adjusting to eating salt again after restricting it for so long, but it's getting annoying.

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast