Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's so sad Mocha, both for your dad and your mum. Big {hugs}, don't forget to take care of yourself and your bean through all the stress x

Inglewood - I think I showed later with DS3 than I did with the other two! A couple of the ladies at work know I'm pregnant and one of them told me today that it's noticeable so I went to look in the mirror and it is - but luckily it could be mistaken for fat!

Tweedle - I'm so happy everything went well! Thank you for updating us

Mocha - Both photos are fantastic - you look so amazing!

Do you guys remember I told you I was suspicious that a lady at work is pregnant? She came in with a scan photo today! She is due on 11th May and she's telling our boss tomorrow. Guess who else is telling our boss tomorrow?! I get to see him first (phew!) and I didn't mention it to her because I don't want her to worry even more about telling him her own news but I think I'll tell her afterwards. How awkward is this?! I have to tell him tomorrow because I won't see him for 3 weeks after but I'm going to ask him to keep it quiet until I've had my scan and told everybody else at the end of next week.
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow-- a lot is going on lately
    Mocha--Sorry about what your dad and mom are going through, but it seems like your mom has things set up with home health. I think it's awesome that she still travels and takes good care of herself. Good for her!!! I hope to be that way when I'm older, so I really try to take care of myself now. I believe it pays off!!! My dad's parents always took care of themselves ate well, exercised and traveled the world--so even in his 90s he was traveling til he passed away this time last year and my grandma is still moving around! My mom's parents--not so much--so her dad passed away 3 years ago but his last 10 years were not the best and her mom is in her 80s but just has so many health issues she can't be left alone. Sorry to go off tangent--
    Tweedle--good news about your US! yay for good news!
    Inglewood--I feel your pain. I found out I was preg with DS1 a week after I started a new job (Back then I thought it took years to get preg so we tried thinking I would have at least a year---I know how naive of me) But I was scared to death to let them know! I waited til I was showing!
    DM--Cute pics! I think we should all post belly pics now!!! And I love the name! I personally love unique names--even if they are outdated, I actually think that's the trends these days. But here's my little story If you love the name...USE IT! I say this cause DH and I had our girl name from the beginning. With each pregnancy we would tell family "if its a girl the name is this, if its a boy the name is this" (we actually would pick out 2-3 names then name them once we got to meet our little ones at the hospital to see which name fits) Anyway, my SIL had a daughter last year and she told me she would use my name since i wasn't gonna have a girl! I was devastated. Took me months to get over it. I had fallen in love with what was my DD--the name. And I felt like she took my chance aways from having a DD! She's actually my favorite SIL too and she probably didn't do it maliciously cause she stated I can use it too if I ever have a DD but seriously....why would I use the same name!!!! Anyway, DH and I are over it and my sisters said they don't like that name anymore. Long story short...if you love that name and would be upset if someone close used it.....then use it or at least use it as a middle name LOL! I swear...I almost got a puppy just so that I could use the name LOL!
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!
    Thought we were done...but expecting a surprise #5 nub looks promising for --shock of our life!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh oops....I mean Z-- sorry you have to tell your boss...it's always so hard.
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!
    Thought we were done...but expecting a surprise #5 nub looks promising for --shock of our life!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Morning ladies.....well I am still spotting brownish stuff......I am hoping maybe it is just this pg is different and my body is reacting to all the stretching going on. I have just decided that if I lose this baby than I lose this baby and we won't try again....I can not handle losing another one.
    My DH said yesterday "I bet this is our girl and she is just making everything more difficult for us to get her!"
    But on a side note DS1 is visiting his other Grandma this week...so I have had a break stress wise there.....but of course DS2 and DS3 both have come down with really bad colds and guess who they gave it to?......of course ME!

Mocha I am so sorry to hear about your dad and mom...those situation can be so stressful.
    DM....you have a cute little baby belly!
    Tweedle.....glad your scan was good!
    "All because 2 people fell in love"

1998 2007 & 2009
    2010 Evan Daniel....fought hydrops for 4 long weeks then I said "it is ok to go now" gone but never forgotten

5/7/2012 He is finally here!!!

http://princessamongprinces-1.blogspot.com/

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey ladies - thanks for your thoughts about my family.

I had my first midwife appt this morning. I hate how you wait forever for that first appointment then it's as boring as can be - bloodwork and a pap smear. The good news is I can now make my appointment for my first u/s. I'm going to call later today and try to book something for next week (11 weeks) or the week after.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yay! Just booked my u/s for November 21st at 10am!!! I'll be exactly 12 weeks - is that good timing for a nub shot?

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, there is lots going on in here!

Dm - love that pic of you and your son right after he was born. So sweet!

Princess - have you been seen about your spotting? It might give you peace of mind that everything is ok.

mocha - I think 12 weeks is a good time for a nub shot! I don't really get nub theory but it is fun to guess anyways! Looking forward to seeing your pics.

z- good luck telling your boss! i know it can be stressful but I think they usually take it better than we think they will. It will be exciting to have a co-worker to go through pregnancy with - are you friends?

Have you guys seen this website? I thought it was really interesting as it shows the baby genitals at the different stages. It is surprising how they start out looking so similar!
    http://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks tweedle. I am quite friendly with my colleague but I'm really worried about us both telling our boss on the same day (I come out of my one to one and she goes in!). Of course she doesn't know that I'll have just told him but I'm worried what his reaction will be to her news after mine. I don't know whether I should have told her first or not - but I thought it might be better if at least one of us was oblivious! I wish she hadn't said today so I would have been!!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Holy Crow this thread moves fast

Quote Originally Posted by tweedledeedum View Post
    Just a quick update by phone - everything was great on the u/s, measuring right, proper heartrate, etc. I'm so relieved!

And I like the name, dm. Very unique!
    Yay!!!! I'm so glad to hear that your bub is doing well!!! xoxo And thank you(for the name compliment!)

Quote Originally Posted by Inglewood View Post

DM, thanks for the info! Shame in the UK the docs aren't looking into it more. If I hadn't changed from midwifery to nursing as a student I could of done an Audit on the stats here in the UK! Love ur pics, what a lovely bump!! I'm almost 15wks with the twins now and still no decent bump, which worries me a bit! As with the boys I did have a noticeable bump my 14/15wks. My mum thinks they are lying higher up as she thinks I look 'swollen' about my belly button? Can't wait for my scan a wk today. Love ur pic with ds3, your glowing, 9hrs after!!! and he looks so cute and cosy!
    It's the same here...not many Dr's have the time or energy(or the want) to go in search of new research papers or trials etc. I know that most are overworked...the system sucks Thank you for your kind comments!! Oh and do not worru about the belly not showing!!! I'm 190lbs in that pic!!! I'm not exactly small!! The belly is mainly flab.... I'm very excited to hear about your scan!!!!! xoxo I'll be stalking!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Inglewood View Post
    DM, I know a girl from when I was at Uni called Roslynn, might sound similar, but ur way of spelling is very unique and cool!! I love spelling names a bit different from the 'norm'. I love old names but Dh and I are a disaster with names, esp boys names!! Ds1 got his name the wk before he was born and ds2 was 3 days old!!! So if these babies are boys we have names to find!!! Prob better we know sooner to get the baby names picked having 2 to choose that sound ok together and roll of the tongue!! lol I could give you tons of girls names...tons!!
    Thanks, I! I've been looking through the baby name book(1 million names or something ridiculous...) and I'm totally not interested in anything...except Rhoslyn I'm 99% sure we have our girl name Oh and it took 7 days to name our second! We just couldn't decide if he was a Hudson or a Simon....We went for Hudson I really think you'll be using those Girls names, I!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    Mocha - Both photos are fantastic - you look so amazing! Poor Mocha! She's gotta be 50lbs less than me !!! I'm guessing you meant me Thank you! xoxox

Do you guys remember I told you I was suspicious that a lady at work is pregnant? She came in with a scan photo today! She is due on 11th May and she's telling our boss tomorrow. Guess who else is telling our boss tomorrow?! I get to see him first (phew!) and I didn't mention it to her because I don't want her to worry even more about telling him her own news but I think I'll tell her afterwards. How awkward is this?! I have to tell him tomorrow because I won't see him for 3 weeks after but I'm going to ask him to keep it quiet until I've had my scan and told everybody else at the end of next week.
    Oh boy....I do not envy you!! I hope that it goes well for her! At least you don't have to worry being the first one in there....is he a nice guy??? Oh and I'm just super stoked for your scan!!!!! xoxo
    Quote Originally Posted by Glittergirl View Post
    DM--Cute pics! I think we should all post belly pics now!!! I agree!!!! And I love the name! I personally love unique names--even if they are outdated, I actually think that's the trends these days. But here's my little story If you love the name...USE IT! I say this cause DH and I had our girl name from the beginning. With each pregnancy we would tell family "if its a girl the name is this, if its a boy the name is this" (we actually would pick out 2-3 names then name them once we got to meet our little ones at the hospital to see which name fits) Anyway, my SIL had a daughter last year and she told me she would use my name since i wasn't gonna have a girl! I was devastated. Took me months to get over it. I had fallen in love with what was my DD--the name. And I felt like she took my chance aways from having a DD! She's actually my favorite SIL too and she probably didn't do it maliciously cause she stated I can use it too if I ever have a DD but seriously....why would I use the same name!!!! Anyway, DH and I are over it and my sisters said they don't like that name anymore. Long story short...if you love that name and would be upset if someone close used it.....then use it or at least use it as a middle name LOL! I swear...I almost got a puppy just so that I could use the name LOL!
    So...will you use it now?? And you're right. If I love the name I should use it! I think we will. Not that this changes my mind at all but my Aunt, who I'm very close to, told me that she was glad I had boy #3 because she can't stand the name Rhoslyn I was pretty upset. She asks me all the time what my name choices are with this one and I refuse to tell her. She's actually quite miffed....Pfffft! Well, won't she be surprised when we use the name she hates...LOL! I'm actually looking forward to telling her! HAHAHAHA! I'm twisted....

Quote Originally Posted by princesssarah34 View Post
    Morning ladies.....well I am still spotting brownish stuff......I am hoping maybe it is just this pg is different and my body is reacting to all the stretching going on. I have just decided that if I lose this baby than I lose this baby and we won't try again....I can not handle losing another one.
    My DH said yesterday "I bet this is our girl and she is just making everything more difficult for us to get her!"
    But on a side note DS1 is visiting his other Grandma this week...so I have had a break stress wise there.....but of course DS2 and DS3 both have come down with really bad colds and guess who they gave it to?......of course ME!

Mocha I am so sorry to hear about your dad and mom...those situation can be so stressful.
    DM....you have a cute little baby belly!
    Tweedle.....glad your scan was good!
    Princess, I bet your DH is right! I think everything will be fine, Hun xoxo Hopefully the bleed slowly tapers off and soon it'll all reabsorbed or shed and everything will be perfect!!! You'll see! I'm sorry you're unwell It really stinks being pregnant and sick. Hugs, P!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mochagirl View Post
    Hey ladies - thanks for your thoughts about my family.

I had my first midwife appt this morning. I hate how you wait forever for that first appointment then it's as boring as can be - bloodwork and a pap smear. The good news is I can now make my appointment for my first u/s. I'm going to call later today and try to book something for next week (11 weeks) or the week after.
    12 is still a bit early...13w is perfect timing as there is less chance of the nub moving at all. Even 12+5 is a bit more accurate than 12w. Although, I think many women have gotten very accurate guesses at 12 w though I'm very excited to hear how it goes and hopefully you get some awesome pics!!! xoxo
    Quote Originally Posted by tweedledeedum View Post
    Wow, there is lots going on in here!

Dm - love that pic of you and your son right after he was born. So sweet!

Princess - have you been seen about your spotting? It might give you peace of mind that everything is ok.

mocha - I think 12 weeks is a good time for a nub shot! I don't really get nub theory but it is fun to guess anyways! Looking forward to seeing your pics.

z- good luck telling your boss! i know it can be stressful but I think they usually take it better than we think they will. It will be exciting to have a co-worker to go through pregnancy with - are you friends?

Have you guys seen this website? I thought it was really interesting as it shows the baby genitals at the different stages. It is surprising how they start out looking so similar!
    http://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html
    I have seen that site! Very cool!!!! And thank you for the compliment!!
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DM - maybe it's a good thing that there's still interpretation issues at 12 weeks - that way if the nub looks like a boy, I can still keep hope alive until my gender scan.

That's annoying about your aunt and your name choice. We never tell ANYONE our name choices until birth just to avoid that sort of thing. Once your kid is named, no one will dare criticize it (to your face at least).

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast