Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol, sorry for the name confusion - can I blame baby brain?!

When I was pregnant with DS3 'she' was Phoebe in my mind. DH was/is not at all convinced of the name because he can't separate it from Phoebe from Friends in his mind (seriously, how long ago did that end?!). I don't love it in isolation but I think it goes really well with my boys' names. Other than that, Grace will feature somehow. It's become very common recently but it's a family name and was my nan who died last year. We're also thinking of including Nora, who was DH's nan and I quite like it as a name in and of itself - a bit old lady perhaps but aren't lots of names at the moment! My great nan was Florence which I also like. I've just realised I've been ranting on about names as if we're having a girl. Ugh, no matter how hard I try to convince myself it's likely a boy I still get carried away. I might need a shoulder to cry on after my scan next week when the nub's pointing at the sky!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's so true, Mocha! I never tell anyone, fo rthe most part but she's always been such a supportive woman! I could have told her our third would be named Humperdink and she would have said, "Sounds good! Your baby...you get to name it whatever you want!". So I was shocked when she said that Oh well, I never really see her and I could kinda care less what she thinks about our kids names.

And you're doing the smart thing about the 12w thing!!! When you are nubsessing, It's such torture from 12-18weeks.....Ugh. And I had it done at 14w! It feels like it was 3 months ago!!! Time is standing still....

PS-If anyone is using the name Humperdink...I apologize
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    Lol, sorry for the name confusion - can I blame baby brain?! YES! xoxo
    When I was pregnant with DS3 'she' was Phoebe in my mind. DH was/is not at all convinced of the name because he can't separate it from Phoebe from Friends in his mind (seriously, how long ago did that end?!). I don't love it in isolation but I think it goes really well with my boys' names. Other than that, Grace will feature somehow. It's become very common recently but it's a family name and was my nan who died last year. We're also thinking of including Nora, who was DH's nan and I quite like it as a name in and of itself - a bit old lady perhaps but aren't lots of names at the moment! My great nan was Florence which I also like. I've just realised I've been ranting on about names as if we're having a girl. Ugh, no matter how hard I try to convince myself it's likely a boy I still get carried away. I might need a shoulder to cry on after my scan next week when the nub's pointing at the sky!
    I love all your names, Z! So lovely!!! I really like Nora and Grace

And (((HUGS))) I know EXACTLY what you're feeling right now. The excitement of the "what-if" and the quick rush back to protecting your heart by thinking it has to be a boy I am so hoping that all you guys get your sweet girls~~~~ I'm so + that it can happen for you all~ And if it isn't we will be here
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I'm in the same place as you right now, Z. I keep looking wistfully at little baby girls wondering if I'll ever experience that, but then I get scared to get even a tiny bit hopeful since I just feel like this has to be a boy. I'm getting more and more obsessed as the days go by - it's all I think of, and part of it is I'm dreading having my heart sink when/if I hear 'boy'. This is definitely our last baby, so it will mean I'll never have the daughter I've always dreamed of....

I love your names too. Our girl name is after my dh's grandma, who died a few years ago - Sadie. That's been our girl name ever since we were pregnant with the twins. If they'd been girls they would have probably been Sadie and Roslyn. The middle name will be my Mom's middle name, Lillian (which she also uses as part of her first name), since she's my best friend and I want a way to honour her.

If we have a boy...I dunno. We're just running out of names. I can't really go with anything exotic since it wouldn't go well with my other sons' very common, simple names. I'm thinking maybe Ben, since that was one of the shortlisted ones for ds3, and it goes well with the other names.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's hard to choose a 4th boy name isn't it?! DH mentioned Joshua (I don't know why, he's never mentioned it before!) and again, it's not one we've considered in the past, but it goes with the other three and I quite like it. The other three probably have less common names, I'm not sure that bothers me though!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, and DM - your name mixup comment reminded me of my dilemma at my appointment today. The mw obviously noticed on my record that I've gained 13 pounds at 10 weeks, so I felt the need to explain that I'd been on a very restricted diet before getting pregnant and had lost 20 lbs. I didn't say straight out that I was swaying, but I'm sure if she's ever heard of swaying she'd suspect that's what I was doing since she knows I want a girl. It wasn't my regular mw, but one I've never met, or I might have admitted I lost the weight in the hope I'd get a girl.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would bet she doesn't have a clue about swaying mocha! I wasn't weighed at the very beginning officially but when I was weighed at my 9 week appointment (though in the middle of the day wearing my clothes so that adds a bit!) I was 18lb heavier than I was when I got my BFP!! They don't routinely weigh you during pregnancy here (my goodness, I hope they haven't re-started that practice!) but I haven't been anywhere near the scales since then and I bet it's shot up even more!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mochagirl View Post
    That's annoying about your aunt and your name choice. We never tell ANYONE our name choices until birth just to avoid that sort of thing. Once your kid is named, no one will dare criticize it (to your face at least).
    I agree we never tell either, plus we wait to meet the baby. But you get all kinds of comments about a name....no one will think the name is perfect and some feel that they should give an opinion when none is needed!
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!
    Thought we were done...but expecting a surprise #5 nub looks promising for --shock of our life!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I called my doctor and they said that since I didn't want to know the sex of the baby, they don't have that in my records (I called to see how my U/S results were, even though I knew there were no concerns. Then I asked, by the way did they record the sex cause I think I wanna know now.) SO....they told me to get that info from the U/S place. I called and was on endless torturous hold, I was shaking when she went to get the results....then she came back and said that I would have to come in personally and show my ID they wont give it over the phone. So what do I do??? Should I leave well enough alone?? Or go ahead and find out???? I wish the monkey site was up and running so I could post for the U/S techs. Here's the dilemma: I kinda have my hopes up this is a girl--if it ends up being a boy I think it will be a horrible shock at delivery since now I'm expecting a girl. I didn't tell DH what I'm up to. Should I go in tomorrow and find out? I will have 4 months getting used to the boy idea again.....
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!
    Thought we were done...but expecting a surprise #5 nub looks promising for --shock of our life!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Glitter-it's a girl. You don't need an ultrasound tech to see that on your pictures. I would absolutely go get a scan so you can see it live and then enjoy the pregnancy!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast