Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow Z....glad you're ok. Sorry for my ignorance what is a DVT, is it a type of clot?? It looks like many of us got little scares but thankfully all is well.
    Dannikins--I used to get those leg cramps with my other pregnancies and they are no fun. usually would happen if I stretched my leg out in bed. Now I just have itchy feet, not sure which is worse
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!
    Thought we were done...but expecting a surprise #5 nub looks promising for --shock of our life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    Well that was a thoroughly crap day!

I went to see two doctors about my sore leg. Last night I was told probably a muscle strain but the pain got worse over night and I barely slept from worry. This morning I went back to the doctor and had a blood test which didn't rule out a DVT so I was sent to the hospital with a suspected DVT. At this point I was convinced I would probably die and I was a wreck! Thankfully, the ultrasound showed no DVT. My leg is still really hurting but I'm so grateful it's not that. I need a stiff drink - I'll have to get DH to drink it for me!
    Thank goodness it wasn't that!! I wonder what it could be?? Not meaning to talk 'granny' but could it possibly be some type of varicose vein in there? I'm sure I'm gonna get them in the top of my leg, you know the crease where your leg ends and muffin starts lol, underneath there!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi girls,

Glad to hear you are all doing well. Z- hope your leg clears up soon and glad it's not a DVT. GG - hope the ichiness stops soon. Did you ever figure out what is causing it?

I'm now almost 25 weeks. Time has just been flying by for me. I have started shopping a little. I have also done some knitting/crocheting. I am thinking of getting either a Moby Wrap or a Baby K'tan for the early days this time. Anyone have experience/prefer one over the other? I have been feeling great, my nausea has finally gone for the most part. I started listing to the Hypnobabies CDs last night and ended up falling asleep - wonder if that works? have a good day ladies!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks everyone. Yesterday seems a little surreal now, I certainly over-reacted. Never count on me in a crisis!! GG - a DVT is a deep vein thrombosis, so yes a blood clot. ELP - I don't have any varicose veins (stretch marks and flabby bits aplenty but not them lol!). I'm thinking it's probably just a bruise or strain of some sort and it actually feels a lot better today.

GG - I'm so glad your results came back clear too. You must be so relieved

Tweedle - I had a Moby for DS3 which I loved for the first few months. I was looking to get a different stretchy wrap this time (I sold the Moby) but I think I'm just going to get another one in a different colour! I haven't heard of the other type you mention I'm afraid.

My travel system arrived this week and is taking up way too much room in our den! I think I'm going to do a proper list an buy everything else we need around March time which is a couple of months before our due date. In the meantime I buy bits and pieces whenever the whim takes me!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey ladies, I just found this thread now

Obviously I'm waaaaay behind all of you now, but I have my 8 week u/s scheduled for Tuesday, so hopefully I'll see a heartbeat and can finally have some peace of mind. I totally know what you're saying about wanting to savour the moments because this is the last pregnancy, Z! I can't wait until I can finally get out of the horrible first trimester and move into some of the more pleasurable parts of pregnancy. Having two first trimesters back-to-back really sucks....

As far as baby equipment, we'll need a new infant car seat because our originals from when my twins were born is expired now. I think we'll be ok for strollers - I have quite a collection: A DuoGlider from when my twins were babies, a sit and stand stroller that will probably come in handy for the baby and ds3, a CityMini that's only 2 years old, and a wide assortment of umbrella strollers, both double and single. I think DH would kill me if I got another stroller when our garage is already full of them . We *may* need a new crib, though, which seems silly because we have two...but the standards have changed so much since my twins were born and now drop-side cribs are banned in Canada after several deaths. Both of mine are drop-side, one is only 6 years old, but the other was a hand-me-down from my brother, and I think it's maybe 11 years old. The baby will sleep in our room anyway for the first several months, then we have to figure out how to fit 4 kids in 2 bedrooms...either that or dh has to give up his home office.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Found u all too!! Thanks Z!!! You know me well by now, still on last mth's thread! lol

Z, DVT's are horrible. Treated many of them over the years in my job. I've developed varicose veins this pg, on my left leg and 'my lady bits' got a lovley 'jock strap' type thingy to support down there and the thrombolitic stockings for my legs. Annoying to have v.veins, but hey! They started out like small bruises and then leg cramps, (that leg always has cramped with prev pg). Hope u feel more reassured about things, if the doppler/scan was -ve that's good.

Many of us seem due around the same time, know this is march-may thread, but I mean we are a week or 2 apart! I find out in 2-3wks my section date, can't wait!! I'm 27wks and 1 day now. Have a scan on tues, can't wait to ask the approx weight of them now, they feel HUGE, the smaller twin is an acrobat! OMG, the boys never moved like that before, twin on my right is quieter, softer kicks and movements. x
    2002 2006

IDENTICAL TWIN born 3rd April 2012

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    we dont really need anything.
    i still have all the stuff from my boys, and most of the newborn stuff is gender neutral, same with all the baby bedding etc.
    i will need to get a new walker, as the one we have has been through 4 boys, but that wont be needed for a while...
    and i did buy a new tandem stroller, because up untill now i have only used the single one, but with 3 aged 3 and under i think the tandem will be a sanity saver.

and of course if it is a girl, lots of shopping will be done.
    if its pink, or frilly, i WILL be buying it...lol
    2003 2006 2008 2009 2010 2012
    Expecting #6 April 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I ordered my infant car seat...so much cheaper on Amazon and shipping was free! I think I will go for the stroller frame but I will wait and see...we really don't need another stroller! DH talked me out of buying one of those movement monitors. Has anyone used one? He insists since we pretty much co-sleep or at least the bassinet is right next to our bed that everything should be fine. I never used one before. Any opinions? I still want to get a carrier too...maybe the ring sling? Still researching it. I have a feeling I will be carrying this baby a lot since I'm more busy with three active boys and all their activities and school stuff going on. And I still need to get my overnight bag ready. wow so much to do and I only have 5 weeks if I go the full 40 weeks!
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!
    Thought we were done...but expecting a surprise #5 nub looks promising for --shock of our life!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i have never had a monitor for any of mine, i also have the baby in the room with us, cradle next to the bed.

i think if you have a 2 storey house, then they are a good idea for while bubs upstairs and you are downstairs sort of thing, but i personally think they are a waste of money.
    2003 2006 2008 2009 2010 2012
    Expecting #6 April 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you mean one of the little monitors which goes on their nappy? I have one of those. I bought it when DS3 was a baby because the Amby hammock which we use had a safety scare and it was very reassuring, also reassuring when carrying in a sling. Worth every penny in my opinion if you're a worrier, peace of mind is priceless! I also use a 'normal' monitor when baby is upstairs and we're downstairs. We live in an old house with incredibly thick walls and we have a lot of background noise here!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast