Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm just back from an unscheduled visit to the midwife. This baby is trouble already - probably revenge for me being such hard work as a baby!! I was driving home from work today and I thought I was going to feint and had to pull off the road. I had to stop another two times after that because I didn't feel right and didn't feel like I could catch enough breath. Well, it turns out everything is ok but baby has turned breech. I started getting braxton hicks yesterday which feel like a washing machine in my tummy and make me catch my breath as well as shooting pains down below - I guess the reason I can't get enough breath is that I have a head up there and the shooting pains are little legs! I know it doesn't matter yet that she's breech but it's mighty uncomfortable (and something I've never experienced before!) so I'm going to start doing the daily exercises on Spinning Babies and I hope that might help! Of course the DVT scare last week has me worrying about every little thing also, which probably made me panic and likely made me feel worse!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry you're so uncomfortable, Z! Tell that little miss to stop kicking you in the nether regions!
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sounds awful Z.
    all of mine have stayed beech untill later in the pregnancy, and getting kicked in the cervix is no fun at all!
    2003 2006 2008 2009 2010 2012
    Expecting #6 April 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ouch Z! totally know what that kicking feeling is like....like a knife stabbing you down there!
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!
    Thought we were done...but expecting a surprise #5 nub looks promising for --shock of our life!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    Do you mean one of the little monitors which goes on their nappy? I have one of those. I bought it when DS3 was a baby because the Amby hammock which we use had a safety scare and it was very reassuring, also reassuring when carrying in a sling. Worth every penny in my opinion if you're a worrier, peace of mind is priceless! I also use a 'normal' monitor when baby is upstairs and we're downstairs. We live in an old house with incredibly thick walls and we have a lot of background noise here!
    ITs one of those monitors that go under their mattress to prevents SIDS. My babies have always slept in our room or with me in the bed on one those little protector things so maybe it will be a waste of money if " always with the baby??
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!
    Thought we were done...but expecting a surprise #5 nub looks promising for --shock of our life!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh ok, I chose the one which attaches to the nappy because you can use it anywhere - and the ones which go under the mattress can't be used in our hammock. Might be an alternative to consider!

I still feel terrible, kind of spaced out and weird. I've also had an upset tummy and was dry wretching this morning. Every now and again I feel like my heart stops and I get a rush in my head, which is weird and scary. I think (and hope!) that I'm just coming down with a bug because the cold I've had for weeks has got worse again and my ears kept popping on the drive to work and I know ear problems can cause problems with balance etc. I really wish I was 10 weeks down the line!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello All!!!

I'm back from my vacay and wishing that it had been 5 days longer ...
    The only bonus of being home(other than seeing my family ) is that nesting has truly kicked in!!! Holy toledo!!! I'm going crazy! I've cleared our storage room, gotten birth supplies ready, going through closets to donate/sell/throw...it's been wonderful! My back is killing me but other than that it's been great.
    GG- I cosleep as well(bassinet and in our bed) and I don't feel the need for a monitor but I know that those under the baby monitor are finicky and go off when there's no issue, so it would cause me more stress. What makes you feel the least stressed out is the best idea
    Z- My goodness! This baby is not being nice to you!! I truly hope that once this cold is gone, you'll be feeling right as rain! xo
    I'll come and post a bit more once this nesting urge has been satisfied
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome back, DM - we've missed you!
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Glittergirl View Post
    ITs one of those monitors that go under their mattress to prevents SIDS. My babies have always slept in our room or with me in the bed on one those little protector things so maybe it will be a waste of money if " always with the baby??
    ok i thought you meant the other kind of monitor....duh..lol

i agree with Z if you want one of the monitors go for the one they attach to baby, not the under matress ones.
    when my eldest was 3 weeks old, he had an apnea episode, stopped breathing, freaked us all out.
    it turned out to be that he still had crap in his lungs from when he was born.

we spent 2 days in hospital , and he had one of the ones they attach to bub on him the entire time.
    that worked great, and he had no more episodes .
    when they sent us home they gave us an under mattress one to use for a month, for peace of mind.
    that stupid thing was going off all the time!, even when he was breathing fine and fast a sleep that thing would go off, all hours of the night, we had hardly any sleep , after 2-3 days i ended up taking it out, because all it was doing was causing stress and waking everyone up.
    2003 2006 2008 2009 2010 2012
    Expecting #6 April 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    dannikins i think your under the mattress breathing monitor must have been faulty because i've had one with each of my boys and have one now with my dd and I think I must have only ever had 2 false alarms... I couldn't live without one, it makes me feel very reassured when i go to bed at night
    08 09 12

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast