Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    My bloods are due to be taken at 28 weeks again so not long to wait and I'll take the Spatone anyway. I'm not going to take anything with B vitamins in it because I think they may have been contributing to the ectopic heartbeat and that's why I stopped taking my prenatal. My blood pressure is on the low side of normal and I'm also carrying much higher than I did with the boys! I felt much better yesterday so hopefully it'll last

ELP and Begonia! Who's first?!
    I can't take vit B, gives me pins and needles in my hand and feet! Hope u feel better soon. x

PrincessofPink, Thanks, that's reassuring. Not heard it today thankfully, but yest heard it about 10 times! Did ur OB say what it was??
    2002 2006

IDENTICAL TWIN born 3rd April 2012

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i woke up yesterday totally short of breath, just standing makes me puff and pant, its horrible.
    i have an OB appointment later today, so i will see what they say, but i think its just bubs had a growth spurt and is squashing everything.

i also think i have PUPPP, had this horrible itchy, stingy rash all over my belly, never had it with any of the others.
    constantly itchy and sore, and stings like a bitch in the shower.
    hopefully they will be able to point to the best way to treat it, because there is no way in hell i can put up with it for the next 16 weeks or more!
    2003 2006 2008 2009 2010 2012
    Expecting #6 April 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That sounds sore Dannikins - what is PUPPP? I hope it's something they can give you something for.

Does anybody have any advice of what I can take for this cough? I'm sure I'd feel tonnes better if I didn't have it! When I was pregnant with DS3 I had an awful cough and in the end I got anti-biotics which made me sick and didn't make a blind bit of difference to the cough! In the end I decided it was a reflux cough and I made some changes to my diet which helped, though I can't really remember what they were now! I think I sipped water all day long, avoided fatty/tomato-y/spicy foods and didn't eat too much at a time so perhaps I'll try that - but I suspect this one is a 'proper' cold because of the amount of snot (sorry!).
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are some over the counter cough medicines you're allowed to take. If you ask the pharmacist to help you, he or she should be able to steer you in the right direction. I think here it's Robitussen DM Dry Cough you can take while pregnant. If you'd rather not take any medicine - try a spoonful of honey, or better yet, a mixture of hot water, lemon and honey.

Sorry you're feeling poorly!
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dannikins I hope its not PUPPS--my friend got them with her 4th --girl after 3 boys--and she described it the same way you did I had never heard of it until she got them. Apparently it is a rash like itchy burning thing all over her belly. She showed me and it looked so painful. Hopefully you can get some relief!

I'm starting to feel better now and beginning to nest more, but it's hard cause I have a hard time doing just the regular stuff that needs to be done on a daily basis, let alone the extras like organizing baby stuff and cleaning out kitchen cabinets and closets but I think I will get it done in the next week or two!
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!
    Thought we were done...but expecting a surprise #5 nub looks promising for --shock of our life!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    That sounds sore Dannikins - what is PUPPP? I hope it's something they can give you something for.

Does anybody have any advice of what I can take for this cough? I'm sure I'd feel tonnes better if I didn't have it! When I was pregnant with DS3 I had an awful cough and in the end I got anti-biotics which made me sick and didn't make a blind bit of difference to the cough! In the end I decided it was a reflux cough and I made some changes to my diet which helped, though I can't really remember what they were now! I think I sipped water all day long, avoided fatty/tomato-y/spicy foods and didn't eat too much at a time so perhaps I'll try that - but I suspect this one is a 'proper' cold because of the amount of snot (sorry!).
    I have a horrible cough too and I really have to keep myself from coughing cause I have such a bad gag reflex this time around. Hot tea helps me. I don't add sugar or anything cause that just adds to the cough. I hope that works for you but I know how bad a cough can be when you are preggers! Especially if you're like me and I will actually pee myself if
    I'm not careful!
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!
    Thought we were done...but expecting a surprise #5 nub looks promising for --shock of our life!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just popping in as I saw that you were talking about PUPPS.... I had this condition in my pregnancy with my DS and it was awful, so Dannikins I know what you are going through! It started as a very itchy rash on the belly and then spread all over, so bad that it was hard to sleep for more than an hour and a half at a time... argh.

Anyway, the good news is that I did find a 'cure' so to speak, or something that helped immensely (as technically the only cure is having the baby!) and that was acupuncture. It sounds weird and a bit out there I know, but it honestly helped like you would not believe and cleared it up 99% before having DS. I have been seeing my acupunctist for a few fertility sessions and she told me that my case was the worst she has even seen. She also says that she enjoys treating PUPPS as it usually responds so well to the acupuncture treatment. Anyway, please do give it a go if it is indeed PUPPS.

If I can do anything to help please PM me as I have a few websites etc I can also recommend you to and a few other things that helped! Hope you feel better soon x
    2012 is going to be a GREAT year

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Inglewood he said sometimes babies have clicky hips and you can hear it from the outside. I heard it multiple times a day for the second half of my pregnancy. She is almost 6 now and had no problems at all. So don't worry about it!!
    Our 6-pack of girlies

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol Glittergirl, it's such an effort with such a powerful cough not to a) wet myself b)fart or c) throw up - particularly tricky at work!!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LMAO @ Z, its sooo true, sneezing is bad too...

my check up went well.
    BP is good, fundal height is almost 2 weeks ahead, so looks like its going to another big bub.
    and is also contributing to my gasping for breath like a fish out of water every time i do anything.

for now we are just going to see what happens as far as my rash goes, looks like it is puppp, for now i just have to avoid getting too hot, because it can make it worse, and be careful what i put of it.
    so far Bio oil seems to be the best, its still itchy , but not as stingy if i use that.
    all the belly butter etc seems to irritate it and make it worse.
    dandelion tea is meant to help too, so i have to start drinking that.
    if it gets worse then i might need steroid cream, and i really dont want to have to use that.

i also got everything organised for my glucose test.
    my TSH has dropped even more, so i need to have repeat bloods done for that, my T3 and T4 are still in the normal range so hopefully they stay that way.
    2003 2006 2008 2009 2010 2012
    Expecting #6 April 2014

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast