Page 52 of 601 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152552 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just got back from a week out of town! I had another u/s this afternoon and heartbeat was 185....trying not to think about the OWT...but can't deny it made me so happy to see the HB so high!!

Welcome Shellebell and Lassie! So exciting to have you guys join! I have a lot of reading to catch up on!
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ladies, i am checking in Im due May 20 wow so many girl swayers in here already! We are hoping for a blue bundle, but we are just so happy to be pregnant it really doesn't bother us what we get.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am having such a hard time. I am literally in tears over my desire for a cold turkey sandwich. I hate all the guilt I would have if I ate it because of course I could get listeria..... Dumb stupid rules of food while pregnant! I hate you!
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Rosie are you not allowed to eat cold turkey?? Hmmm were are u from? In the UK there are no rules about cold meat I often have a cold chicken wrap with cheese... Over here they just say stay away from.. booze, soft cheeses like bree ect, liver, pate, shellfish and Parma ham ect! Blimey there is so much us preggos can't eat! Xx
    ds1 2008
    ds2 2010
    apparently expecting a little princess (not sure if I believe it yet lol) in march 2013!

26wk potty shot http://genderdreaming.com/forum/conf...tml#post303069

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ladies, I haven't been here for a while, but reading your posts every now and then is really helpful. I've been having the most vivid dreams almost from the day I conceived, every few nights I wake up from a night mare all covered in cold sweat.. Plus the horrible hip pains have begun this week, especially at night time. I remember them from previous pregnancies but not so early on (I'm 10 wks now). And I'm trying not to lose my mind over the occasional spotting I've been having, since I got them before too. My 12 week scan is in about a week, so I'm trying to be brave and not call my GYN earlier. Oh, the roller coaster of early pregnancy, can't wait to reach 20weeks in one piece!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats to those with BFPs that have joined us!

Homebirthing - I think that is a good decision, I would have done the same as it isn't so long to wait and then if they aren't certain of gender at the scan you can always pay and have one afterwards. That's what a friend of mine did as they said at her scan they were 80% certain it was a girl but not to go out and buy pink - after 3 boys she just couldn't wait to find out so got a gender scan booked for the next day and sure enough it was her princess!

I've been feeling truly rubbish with morning sickness, all day nausea and I was actually sick the other morning. Before it was getting better by the evening time and at night time but for the last two days it has been continuous. As you all say I'm taking comfort from it that hopefully everything is ok but still so hard! I'm really struggling to come up with things to cook for dinner for the boys, thankfully dh has been a big help and taken over some evenings.

I saw my GP yesterday to get my bloods taken, I took my notes from my last pregnancy to show about the group B strep so he has agreed to test me for it so that's good news. He is truly hopeless though, you can tell he doesn't really see pregnant ladies as he didn't have a clue what he was doing. Plus I was waiting 40 minutes to see him despite having an appointment and they didn't seem to be particularly busy. He then rang me about 2 hours later saying he forgot to fill in an important form to book my 18-20 week ultrasound! Thankfully my midwife did it for me last time so it didn't matter. I've got the midwife for my 12 week appointment so hopefully that will be better!

As well as morning sickness I have a continual kind of period pain that is usually worse in the morning when I wake up, I guess it is just everything stretching but it is pretty uncomfortable.
    Pregnancy is so much fun huh?! lol! =D
    DS1 - 4.5yrs DS2 - 3yrs

Swayed for a but expecting a beautiful

My gorgeous son has arrived!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie85 View Post
    I am having such a hard time. I am literally in tears over my desire for a cold turkey sandwich. I hate all the guilt I would have if I ate it because of course I could get listeria..... Dumb stupid rules of food while pregnant! I hate you!
    This pregnancy I had some cold deli turkey and ham and forgot... I was fine.
    And I ate cold turkey and ham daily in a salad with DS#1 AND 2 the entire pregnancy..I didn't know about it back then.
    Just have a turkey sandwich with heated ham.. or just indulge one time!
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassie1982 View Post
    Good thinking

I need to find some coupon / specials sites for parents!
    Also sites of the private ultrasound places.
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wonder why your guidelines are so different from ours? I just checked my pregnancy book the midwife gave me and it says slices of ham turkey ect are fine? I've eaten them through all my pregnancys.....I really miss poached eggs tho wish I could eat those! X
    ds1 2008
    ds2 2010
    apparently expecting a little princess (not sure if I believe it yet lol) in march 2013!

26wk potty shot http://genderdreaming.com/forum/conf...tml#post303069

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've never heard of the cold meat thing either, I have always been told as long as it is cooked well and then stored properly when cold it is totally fine.
    Could you just buy a turkey, roast it yourself and then have the meat cold in sandwiches? That way you know it has been cooked properly etc if you're worried about how the deli are storing it?
    I found this on the NHS website:
    "Some countries advise pregnant women not to eat cold meats or smoked fish because of the risk that the food may contain listeria bacteria. In the UK, pregnant women are not advised to avoid these foods because the risk of infection is so low. However, if you’re concerned, you may choose to avoid them.
    You can get listeriosis (which usually results in flu-like symptoms) from food containing listeria bacteria. Although listeriosis is a very rare infection, it’s important to take special precautions during pregnancy. Even a mild form of the illness in a pregnant woman can lead to miscarriage or stillbirth, or severe illness in a newborn baby.
    Although it’s safe to eat smoked fish and cooked cold meats, pregnant women are advised to avoid other foods that may contain listeria. These include:
    mould-ripened soft cheeses such as brie, camembert, chèvre (a type of goats' cheese) and others with a similar rind
    soft blue-veined cheeses, such Danish blue, gorgonzola and roquefort
    all types of pâté, including vegetable pâté
    To protect against the risk of listeriosis from all ready-to-eat foods, including cold meats and smoked fish, it’s important that you:
    eat the food before its use-by date
    store it correctly in the fridge at a temperature below 5C"

I really miss runny eggs too Homebirthing, although the majority of the time at the moment I couldn't face eggs in any shape or form lol! We have 8 chickens so get lovely fresh eggs so my boys have dippy eggs quite a lot and they are great for poached eggs being so fresh.
    DS1 - 4.5yrs DS2 - 3yrs

Swayed for a but expecting a beautiful

My gorgeous son has arrived!

Page 52 of 601 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152552 ... LastLast