Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sending you a big hug, I don't know why people think it is ok to make such awful comments! I know just what you mean about wanting the baby to be special regardless, that has been one of my biggest fears too and I have been pleasantly surprised by some people since we announced we were having another boy but of course I have still had hurtful comments too.
    All of our children are a blessing regardless of gender, and regardless of whether we dream of one gender or another. It doesn't mean our babies are any less loved or precious to us.

I have my fingers firmly crossed that you hear girl but I have a feeling the comments will wind you up regardless and you will probably get oh thank goodness it is a girl etc.

Ignore the nasty comments, these people aren't worth spending any of your time thinking about. xx
    DS1 - 4.5yrs DS2 - 3yrs

Swayed for a but expecting a beautiful

My gorgeous son has arrived!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lassie, can't wait to hear what you are having...but I agree, people can be so insensitive!!!

It amazed me just moments ago I brought some new professional pics in to to work to change out my pics, and all the pics are lying on my desk, some really cute ones of DS1 and 2 hugging...(omg it is so cute, I can't wait to show ya'll!) but anyway, so a student picks up my pile of pictures, without asking, and flips through them quickly, bypassing my sons hurriedly. When she gets to the pic of my daughter in her lavish dress, she says "Oh I bet you are so glad you got the girl."

This comment makes me see RED! Obviously I am very happy I got "the girl", but getting her takes nothing away from my sons....sorry for the vent, but even if you do hear girl, Lassie, be prepared for people trying to undermine your son in favor of your girl.

Good luck!!! I still hope you hear girl, but you know if you hear boy, we will all be here to support and celebrate his amazing little life with you!!
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    and cravingsalt, as I read thru your first post I skipped down for some reason to the quoation and I honestly thought to myself "hmmm that sounds so familiar...where I have read that before?" ROFL it's my own words...and I had to go back up to the top of your post and when I read my name...I was like "duh, you dummy...you said that" haha! Ahh, but it warms my heart that the things that I say on here help or offer any insight...I really love all of ya'll so much and I get warm and fuzzy being here with everyone.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hahahaa! Yup, I'm quoting you. Certain things really stick and that one was one of them. One day, if I ever get pregnant, I'm going to have the little auroara nugget of wisdom in the back of my head keeping things in perspective.
    12.24.08 4.13.10 third and last. It is nice being queen of my castle but would love to add a princess.

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker

After 12 months ttc, taking a little sanity break. Fx to all of the dear ladies on here in the meantime.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck with your Gender Scan Lassie, must be any time now. Hope you found a way to deal with your work colleagues.
    2005 2007 2011 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's a boy! A very active, very cheeky, so very very cute little boy. I'm head over heals in love with my little man and feel blessed to be honoured with 2 sons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mummy to DS10 who is the light of our world
    Swayed took us 8 cycle's and I'm finally

Please be a sticky little bean, we have wished and hoped for you for so long xo

Our family welcomed a in May 2013 and thats ok, we're head over heels in love with him and feel blessed to be honoured with 2 sons

January 2014 - A little surprise that went to heaven before we could meet

October 2014 - Officially swaying for one last little bundle and wishing and hoping its a pink one

April 2015 - All our dreams have miraculously come true, our sway worked and our family will be complete with the little girl joining us in October this year

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats Lassie-- You will love having 2 of the same gender!!!
    Our long awaited is here!!!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lass- did you decide to tell coworkers? I hope that everyone is very happy and gives your little guy the welcome party he deserves!
    12.24.08 4.13.10 third and last. It is nice being queen of my castle but would love to add a princess.

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker

After 12 months ttc, taking a little sanity break. Fx to all of the dear ladies on here in the meantime.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thought I'd give you all an update

I bit the bullet and decided to tell my co workers.

I figured why should I hide his gender like some shameful secret just because they are ignorant and hurtful. He is my son. I love him. And I'm ferociously protective of him already. So I told them all its a boy, and then the "oh dears" and "I'm sorry's" started rolling in. So I just told them I was actually overjoyed, that there was nothing to be sorry for because I am so proud of the fact that I have another son growing inside me, I have a happy, healthy baby growing inside of me, and anyone who can't see the joy in that needs to be sorry for themselves, not for me.
    I really don't know where that came from, because I am the quiet submissive type, but not only did they believe it, but it put an end to all their commentary. One of them even apologised!
    So my advice to anyone having trouble with comments is to stick it to them firmly, let them see that you are proud and in love (fake it till you make it if you have to) and it shuts them up.

all in all I think I am doing ok. I am truly head over heels in love, he is mine, a creation that me and the man that I love made together, I wouldn't swap him, even though he is still in utero, I wouldn't swap him. This little soul chose us, and I'm embracing the miracle of life. I can't change that he has a penis, the only thing I can change is how I react to it. It's entirely my choice wether I choose to be sad and disappointed, or wether I choose to accept it and love him for who he is, my son. I keep playing that in my head, and it honestly makes it so much easier to smile, and so much easier to push to the back of my mind the desire for pink. All this little man wants is to be loved, just love, and I can give him that, I might not be able to give him the best toys, the best books, the best gadgets, but I can give him the best of my love, and I will do exactly that.
    Mummy to DS10 who is the light of our world
    Swayed took us 8 cycle's and I'm finally

Please be a sticky little bean, we have wished and hoped for you for so long xo

Our family welcomed a in May 2013 and thats ok, we're head over heels in love with him and feel blessed to be honoured with 2 sons

January 2014 - A little surprise that went to heaven before we could meet

October 2014 - Officially swaying for one last little bundle and wishing and hoping its a pink one

April 2015 - All our dreams have miraculously come true, our sway worked and our family will be complete with the little girl joining us in October this year

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    An awesome, heartfelt post...got me a little choked up. CONGRATS on your remarkable little man!
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast