Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is the best way to 'Untell' this

So in my excitement of pregnancy I told most of my colleagues that I'm having my gender scan on Dec 1st.
    Though I've not told anyone about my desire for a girl, not even hinted, I'm constantly getting lots of 'oh hopefully it's a girl' and 'i cant wait till you tell me girl so i can buy you pink' comments. My usual response is 'i don't mind what it is as long as its healthy' but that still doesn't stop them. (Maybe its because I'm a very girly girl?)
    I've even had one comment that really upset me ("what a disappointment if its a boy")

Anyway, I'm pretty certain it's a boy, and I'm worried that i will temporarily be a bit more sensitive, and the last thing I'm going to want to deal with is more flippant "oh dear" comments, at least not till I've dealt with it completely myself. And the last thing I would want is for any of those people to sense any sadness that I may have.

So I want to somehow un tell people about the scan, but how?

Should I say we cancelled it? But what reason would wash given my previous excitement?
    Should I say they double booked me and phoned to reschedule?
    Or not say anything till Monday when I get to work and then say they couldn't see any gender coz of baby's position (if its a boy)?

I feel so guilty and so horrible and nasty for wanting to hide the gender if it's a boy but I just feel I need to process it myself before having the strength to tell people and dealing with the comments. I also hate lying. So at the moment I'm feeling very very guilty.
    Mummy to DS10 who is the light of our world
    Swayed took us 8 cycle's and I'm finally

Please be a sticky little bean, we have wished and hoped for you for so long xo

Our family welcomed a in May 2013 and thats ok, we're head over heels in love with him and feel blessed to be honoured with 2 sons

January 2014 - A little surprise that went to heaven before we could meet

October 2014 - Officially swaying for one last little bundle and wishing and hoping its a pink one

April 2015 - All our dreams have miraculously come true, our sway worked and our family will be complete with the little girl joining us in October this year

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd say that you decided that you have spoken to hubby and he really wants this one to be a surprise - that way, the blame is on him (warn him!) and you can say that you really wanted to know but also think a surprise would be nice.
    since 2005 2008 2010.

When our dream became a nightmare
    http://www.20-week-countdown.blogspot.com

Failed sway due April 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh Lassie im sorry you feel like you have to untell people about the gender scan. You have totally discounted the fact that you dont even know the gender yet, what if this turns out to be your girl? I have been right next to you on this journey so i know why you think it is most likely a boy, but none of the pre gender guessing stuff is 100%

If you really feel like you have to untell your colleagues about the scan, i would probably say it was double booked and rescheduled, then you have up until your anatomy scan to deal with it if it is a boy, or you will have to make up some other story why you cant stop smiling if its a girl.

You could try to soften the comments you may get by now claiming that you have a gut feeling or had a dream that your having a boy, and let your peers know that you are excited by that thought. Start saying brothers would be great, boys are so easy and cute etc. Its a defensive move but im sure most people wouldnt disagree with you if you looked like you meant it.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Id say they have called to reschedule or that they couldnt tell but with the they couldnt tell one they can probably tell from you face that you know so that might not be the best option !!
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I would just tell people I decided not to find out until birth what the baby is

2007 2008 2012

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would say that they just couldn't tell because the baby wasn't in the right position, it's not uncommon for that to happen and that way you can still show people scan pics which would be nice, and you are only 'half' lying!
    You never know, it could be a girl in there!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cherubrock View Post
    I would say that they just couldn't tell because the baby wasn't in the right position, it's not uncommon for that to happen and that way you can still show people scan pics which would be nice, and you are only 'half' lying!
    You never know, it could be a girl in there!!
    This is what I would do. My early scan is Dec 1. I will be 16 weeks, 3 days. The baby could easily not show goods and be too wiggly. If that's the case you just reschedule or wait for anatomy scan.
    2007 2009
    Newest little dude due May 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Shutterbug View Post
    I'd say that you decided that you have spoken to hubby and he really wants this one to be a surprise - that way, the blame is on him (warn him!) and you can say that you really wanted to know but also think a surprise would be nice.
    I like this one...that way no one's bugging you about the new scan date.
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for all your replies girls
    Still not certain about what to do.
    I know I'm being silly, and I know that it could still be a girl, maybe it's my defence mechanism kicking in and telling me its definitely a boy.

I'm thinking I might play it by ear and see how I feel after the scan.
    If its a boy and im not ready to tell them I can go with the "they couldn't tell me the gender". Rather then getting tangled up in fibs before hand.
    If I go that way, if they sense I'm not my usual happy self they will assume its because I didn't find out the gender, I can still share pics, and if by some miracle it is a girl then I can share that as well as I won't have made up a fib beforehand.

Officially less then a week to go!
    6 days and 20hrs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mummy to DS10 who is the light of our world
    Swayed took us 8 cycle's and I'm finally

Please be a sticky little bean, we have wished and hoped for you for so long xo

Our family welcomed a in May 2013 and thats ok, we're head over heels in love with him and feel blessed to be honoured with 2 sons

January 2014 - A little surprise that went to heaven before we could meet

October 2014 - Officially swaying for one last little bundle and wishing and hoping its a pink one

April 2015 - All our dreams have miraculously come true, our sway worked and our family will be complete with the little girl joining us in October this year

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like a good plan, just say they couldn't tell the gender if it is a boy. Gives you more time to get your head around it, my fingers are firmly crossed that you hear girl though! xxxxxxxxx
    DS1 - 4.5yrs DS2 - 3yrs

Swayed for a but expecting a beautiful

My gorgeous son has arrived!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast