Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face Baby Loss Update... My story (Very Long)

As some of you know I lost my baby at 16 wks 2 days... Just right after Thanksgiving. Think the day after... His heart just stopped beating and we don't know why. We found out at my 17 wk 2 day appt Thursday the 29th. The Dr told me to wait until that following Monday Dec 3 to see if my body would start labor on It's own and if not then he would send me to the hospital. Well Monday came and nothing so I went back to my Dr and we went over the options and he said that me delivering the baby would be the safest instead of a D&E so off I went to the hospital to be induced to give birth to my lifeless baby boy.

I got there around 1:15 Or so and the Dr that was going to be taking care of me couldn't come in until he got out of his other office. So he got there around 6 and inserted pitonin in the back of my cervix to try and start contractions... Well around 10pm there still wasn't much going on and my cervix was still closed so they had to put another pitonin suppository in.

So a lil while after I started feeling tightening and a couple contractions here and there... Not to bad. So they gave me some demerol and something else to help with the contractions I was having and said when it wears off and I need to I can get an epidural. Well the demerol they gave me made me really groggy so I wanted to try and sleep and that was around 12:45-1:00 am turning into Tue.

I woke back up at like 1:45 in soooo much pain and was bleeding so I called my nurse she came in and checked me and said no wonder Your completey dilated there is no cervix left and then left out of the room and I was thinking she went to get me something... Nope. Another nurse didn't come back in until like 45 mins later while I'm laying there in pain. So obviously it was to late to get any pain reliever so when the nurse came back in she told me I need to start pushing when I felt a contraction so I pushed like 3 Or 4 times and out came my baby.

They took my placenta and the baby over to the sink and put him in a container took it over to the bright light they have in the rooms and made sure that he hadn't been decomposing Or still looked ok and asked me if I wanted them to go into another room Or if I would be ok for them to do it in front of me. So I told them I was fine with them doing it there so I saw them take him out of the container and he was so small but so perfect.

So I did ask if I could see him and they brought him over and the nurse turned him over on to his back in her hand. He was sooo tiny but so detailed... He was fully formed and just perfect but so hard to see my baby like that but I knew that if I hadn't took a look at him I would forever regret it. So after I saw him the nurse took him to get his hand and foot prints.

The next day we had him brought into my room and baptized.. My husband didn't want to see him so after he had left I asked the nurse if she could bring the baby back in so I could see him and say my last goodbyes. So she did and I spent Prob 30 mins Or so with him and then had the nurse take him out... So sad and heartbreaking. I know that others have been through this but I hope that nobody else has to experience it. It's such a horrible pain and feeling. I was released yesterday and it feels so horrible being pregnant, going in to give birth and walk out with nothing. No baby and no belly..

I've tried being strong for my family and held it in for so long that I just broke down lastnight, I went to give my husband a hug and it just came out. I couldn't stop crying and now my eyes are paying for it this morning. I know things happen for a reason but It's just so hard to have to go through and I know when I get pregnant again I'm gna be so worried I don't think I will be able to enjoy my pregnancy.

They gave me a keepsake memory box with some poems and a tiny hat, a lil Heart pillow and a card with his footprints so I'm gna put all his ultrasound pics and the pics the hospital gave to me of him in it.

Thanks for letting me vent and share my story... Sorry it was so long. I will still pop in once in awhile to see how everyone and their babies are doing. Best wishes to everyone...
    Last edited by 4 blues~hopingforpink~; December 6th, 2012 at 03:22 PM.
    Mom to (17) (11) (8) From a previous relationship and (6) and (2) with DH and a VERY unexpected or due 2-5-17

Nov 2012.. Baby lost at 15 weeks 2 days Born into heaven (12-4-12)

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My heart is breaking for you. I am so sorry for your loss.
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't help but shed tears reading your post. I'm so sorry you had to go through this. You're an amazing woman. I wish you all the best, and want to thank you for sharing this incredibly personal, heartbreaking story.
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So so sorry you had to go through this
    2006 2008 2010 : 2013
    2 angels
    Due Jan 2020

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so deeply sorry for ur loss. Wishing that ur heartache and pain lessens a little bit over time and u find comfort in ur DH and little boys. Lots of love xxx

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so sorry you had to go through this, it breaks my heart

2007 2008 2012

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    im so sorry, if you need to talk im here. my daughter died at 22 weeks but she was born alive. she died in my arms. 5 months later i conceived a rainbow baby, but she can never replace her sister. hugs. take comfort in your surviving children
    x5
    x2 dd#6 lost an identical twin sister and dd 5 lived in my arms for 2 hours
    2012!! he's finally here!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so sorry, so so sorry. I can't imagine the pain. I am glad you have a little keepsake box to cherish. Sending all my thoughts and prayers for you, your family and your precious baby boy.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so so sorry 4 blues, I wish I could just give you a big hug. I know nothing I can say can take the pain away but remember we are all here for you, praying for you and your beautiful angel. The world can be an extremely cruel and confusing place at times. xxxxxxxx
    DS1 - 4.5yrs DS2 - 3yrs

Swayed for a but expecting a beautiful

My gorgeous son has arrived!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast