Page 5 of 89 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Pretty pretty pretty baby!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So adorable!!!!

DS1 was pretty oblivious at first, but was very unhappy when I ended up in the hospital at one point in my pregnancy. Once his brother was born, he tried to kick him but DH had seen it coming and stopped him. It took a few weeks but he got used to him, by the time DS2 was mobile they started clashing and have since. They were 7 and 5 when we had DS3, no issues just excited they had a new brother. All of them are just as eager for this sibling too.
    DS1 2000 DS2 2002 DS3 2007 4/2012 baby boy 4/9/13

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My big guy was 22 months when my little guy came along. I did anticipate some problems, since my big guy was a mamas boy and really relied heavily on me to get his needs met. I tried to shift some over to DH before baby got here, with moderate success.

But it really wasn't as bad as thought it would be. I found going from one to two kids pretty easy. My big guy was intimidated by the baby for about a week. He actually avoided me when I nursed, wouldn't really go near the baby. But he was fine with him otherwise. We had some minor acting out, but just attention stuff and I made sure to try and spend as much of the baby's naptimes and calm times with my older one as possible. Really, by a month in we were back to "normal" and had something of a routine set up. I do remember being really concerned about his adjustment and then realizing it wasn't anything like I thought it would be.

I am, once again, a bit concerned about my youngest child's adjustment. He is even more of a mamas boy than my older guy, so I am wondering if we will have jealousy issues. But I am sure we will adapt. He will be 19 months when baby comes along, so I don't know if the closer gap will matter at all. I know my big guy will be fine, he is so excited for the baby and I think it will be a good age gap between those two. Not to mention he has already been through this once and I think does sort of understand what's in store, even if he doesn't remember it.

Otis will be fine
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good to hear! I'm just worried he'll feel a bit... disconnected, though I'll do my best to try to keep him connected. He is a complete momma's boy for sure.
    2010 - 1 DS
    2012 - Tried for a DD , and it worked!
    2013 - DD
    2017 - DD - didn't sway***

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DD seems to understand that she is going to have a little brother soon, we talk about him often and she feels him kicking. I bought her a new booster seat and asked if it would be ok to give her little brother the one she uses because it is smaller and he will be a baby, she was only too happy to pass it down, and now she quite often offers old toys etc, for the baby when he comes. The only thing i think we will have trouble with is the sleeping arrangements, because she has been coming into our bed recently and there is not enough room now with my big belly, we moved her toddler bed next to our bed and it has been great having her right there, but when baby comes we are going to have to put the cot there instead and put her back in her room. We have talked about it and she doesn't really like that idea, she offered to go on Daddys side, but there is not enough room.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ahhh! Ladies I have such a bad cold, this sinus pain is really getting to me. I just want to go to bed! Ok rant over :-)
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to hear Rosie, rant away hun! Sinus pain SUCKS!!!!
    2006 (5) (3) & cautiously expecting a beautiful baby in May

Baby Annabelle Clare arrived safely into the world 10th May 2013 - Let the fun begin!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Rosie sorry to hear about your sinus pain, it is awful. Hope it clears soon.

Suregena my eldest is the very same age as your little man I think (Jan 2010 baby?) and he wasn't so sure about a new baby when we started talking about it. He kept saying about his younger brother "but sure mammy we like ds2 and he's a baby so we don't want another one". We started by telling him that she would bring him a present when she arrived which started to peak his interest, then told him how she would have presents for birthdays and Christmas he could play with too and share. This started to really win him over so we then started showing him little pink dodi's or outfits and he would peak up saying is that for my baby sister and he is eventually getting a bit excited while ds2 has no clue what is going on lol.

Now dh in the other hand is starting to panick. He always said he would love two boys and a girl and in that order and now that is what we are having he is panicking and wondering what he will do with a girl as he knows how to handle boys. Think he is worried she will break or something and I don't know how to put his mind at ease.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes - Jan 2010 baby.

He seems 'excited' but not sure how that will translate when there is an actual baby here!

I've noticed he has been really pointing out "genders" lately. Completely out of nowhere (not sure where it came from?) He'll say, "I'm a boy! Momma's a girl. Daddy's a boy." but then he likes to reverse the roles for comedic effect "I'm a girl. heeheheheh"

I think it will hit home when she's here and I change her diaper. Then the questions will really start coming!
    2010 - 1 DS
    2012 - Tried for a DD , and it worked!
    2013 - DD
    2017 - DD - didn't sway***

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol I bet that is when the questions will start. Ds1 is the same this end, always going on about how he ds2 and daddy are boys and I am a girl. Not sure if he means it in a good or bad way lol

We feel blessed and happy that our family is complete.

Mammy to two angels in heaven.You will always be missed and loved.

Page 5 of 89 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast