Page 6 of 89 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^I think it's a normal age thing to start noticing the difference between boys and girls at this stage. Even without the physical details, this is generally when kids start to notice girls wear dresses and like "dolls" and boys like tools and have short hair, KWIM? Or that mommy has boobs and daddy doesn't, etc. Of course, when baby gets here with different parts than his own, I am sure some questions will come into play. But even kids not getting a new baby at this age will start the "mommy is a girl, I am a boy, etc". We have been in this stage for about six months, L loves to identify the girls and boys and such. We haven't gone too far into the physical differences, since he doesn't ask much. But he will point out who is a girl, who is a boy, etc. He is a bit older than your two boys (he is Oct 2009).
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ugh, I just over ate.......... feel so sick now blagh.....

Anyway aside from that, how are our ladies feeling who are due in a few weeks???? Excited, nervous, ready??? Any niggles that might mean bubs may make an earlier appearance?? Who is next??
    2006 (5) (3) & cautiously expecting a beautiful baby in May

Baby Annabelle Clare arrived safely into the world 10th May 2013 - Let the fun begin!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't have a clue who is next Bimby but I have 12 days to go and am getting PLENTY of niggles but not sure if it means anything. I know I am not overdue but went at 38wks on ds1 and 37wks on ds2 so feel overdue already.

We feel blessed and happy that our family is complete.

Mammy to two angels in heaven.You will always be missed and loved.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had my 28 week appointment with the midwife today and it's the first time she's measured my bump. I'm measuring 30 weeks. That doesn't mean this baby will be massive, does it?
    2010 - 1 DS
    2012 - Tried for a DD , and it worked!
    2013 - DD
    2017 - DD - didn't sway***

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So exciting lucky! Hope baby girl comes soon for you!

I still have a few weeks to go and no sign he will come early which is more than fine for me. It has begun to hurt more just having a baby in there and I can tell he is getting lower due to major pressure. I am still so behind though that he needs to stay for another 3 weeks minimum!

I had a dream last night about him though, I had woken and turned over in bed..in my dream...and he was laying there sleeping with us and boy was he gorgeous! Had the cutest little nose and he was snoring very lightly curled towards his daddy. Pretty much how our other two boys slept as well, my heart was so melty and mushy when I woke!

On opposite spectrums I am starting to dread the pain of labor and healing, almost panicky about it. I am doing my best to prepare but it's still making my stomach sick. I was planning on making maxi pads soaked in witch hazel and then throw them in the freezer, buying the dermoplast spray and a new box of Epsom salts. Anything else I can use for pain and healing down below?
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Rosie that is a lovely dream to have, I bet your little boy will be the most handsome cutest little baby and really look so forward to seeing a picture of him. I am a bit the same as you and since I know what to expect with labour am beginning to dread it a bit more. I am so uncomfortable at the moment and when I get bad pressure I think to myself, Oh another labour to get through but my God is it amazing how quickly you froget just how bad it is when they hand you your little one. When I was handed both of my boys I seemed to blank a lot of it out. DH reckons it's some sort of amnesia that mums get so they will have more than one lol.

Suregena I wouldn't be worried to be honest. I am always massive but babies are not massive.

We feel blessed and happy that our family is complete.

Mammy to two angels in heaven.You will always be missed and loved.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yup the amnesia is so we have more, haha! It always comes back in memory as labor comes upon you...yuck! I just remember how awful the episiotomy pain was, omg.

Surgena, no bump size is not generally an indication of baby being huge. I know sooo many moms who were induced because they thought their babies were going to be huge and they weren't! Not even close actually.... It is sooo hard for docs to get an accurate estimate. It's rare to have one baby a ton bigger than your others so I wouldn't worry. If anything you may go early, my cousins wife was measuring 3 weeks ahead and she gave birth almost 3 weeks early as well.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^Yeah,I wouldn't worry about an external measurement. They are notoriously wrong. So many factors..like water levels, baby position, torso length, etc, etc. If they were worried, they would order a sono and do a guesstimate of size that is a bit more accurate (although still not terribly indicative of a true size). I measured big with both boys. Yea, they were good size, but not so big that I was worried or anything (DS2 woulda been around 10lbs if he was full term). And by "big" I mean 4-5 weeks ahead. I think I am measuring a week ahead externally right now...but my sono on Friday showed she is actually a couple days smaller than gestation and in the 33rd percentile. So clearly not that big

I think I have mentioned my horrid fear of labor. So I am not really a good person to ask about how to not panic! Lol. It scares me greatly. But I know I can handle it! And everyone else can too. But I hate how anxious it makes me. Some days I just want to have an epi so I can not dread pushing.
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Suregena Im measuring 5 weeks ahead but aparently bubs tummy is a few days behind (not sure what the rest of her is like though as that wasnt measured) My Ob said it was because of fluid and bubs position in the womb so dont stress about size. My bubs were all around 9lb so I was expecting the same given my size but so far it doesnt appear so..

Luckylass I am so excited for you hun!! Cant wait to meet the newest GD baby

Rosie that is a beautiful dream hun, not sure about what else you can take for labour, just try and think positive hun, it is a wonderful joy you get meeting your new baby so try and focus on that part if you can
    2006 (5) (3) & cautiously expecting a beautiful baby in May

Baby Annabelle Clare arrived safely into the world 10th May 2013 - Let the fun begin!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is our list for March -

Foxymrsg - Due March 8 -
    baby2ontheway - Due March 10 -
    sbmommy - Due March 12 -
    Janie - Due March 13 -
    _proudmommyx2 - Due March 13 -
    Tiffany12345 - Due March 17 -
    Luckylass - Due March 17 -
    Mrshoneyz - Due March 26 -
    Sunshiner - Due March 26 -

Looks like a few of the ladies dont post much, but hopefully they drop in to let us know when they have their babies!

I read a post on here about HypnoBirthing, started by Elements and read her birth story and then had a look around on youtube at other "HypnoBirthers" and i am really interested about it, i actually ordered the book that Elements linked and have just read the first half last night. I must say it is really interesting, basically saying that women have and can have relatively pain free births naturally if you learn the techniques of self hypnosis and relaxation and breathing. I am no expert on the subject but worth a look if you are getting nervous about labour or have had bad labours in the past.
    Last edited by Cinss; March 6th, 2013 at 02:09 AM.

Page 6 of 89 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast