Page 79 of 89 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandles View Post
    It's ok... I know we are all busy these days. I'm so happy she moved!!! It doesn't look like she'll come before the 20th. Saw ob yesterday and I've shown absolutely no progress. I've even vigorously walked 12 miles in one week and still nothing. Dr is thinking about possibly admitting me on Sunday night for Cytotec to help efface my cervix and them start induction Monday. I'm not a Cytotec fan, but trust my Dr. Not sure what to do?!?!?

Whaaat? Why?! You're only 38 weeks and a bit still - why the rush? Is there a reason for the rush?

I'm, I suppose, a "crunchy momma" in ways and like to allow the body to have time before I'd EVER consider induction... like, I'd have to be 42+ weeks to even consider it...

I trust doctors - to a point. When it comes to the natural events, I'm a bit iffy. Time is money, money is time.

Cytotec ... is it even FDA approved yet for the use of induction?

Either way, I hope you make a decision you are confident and happy about.

In the UK (I'm American, though, by the way) - they do not give cervical checks prior to labor/in the later stages of pregnancy. I have NO idea where I'm at. I'm not worried about it. I don't think it matters. I don't think I need to know. I think we probably place far too much emphasis and stress on if we are starting to thin or dilate before labor begins.

I won't get my first cervical check until I know I am in labor, and I call the midwife (I'm having a home birth) and she comes out to me... she'll ask if she can check my progress to see if I'm established or not but won't demand to check me.

Maybe try some Evening Primrose Oil? I'm trying that at the moment (mainly for softening in there due to previous scar tissue) - it'd be a much NICER alternative then using cytotec!

Just my two cents.
    2010 - 1 DS
    2012 - Tried for a DD , and it worked!
    2013 - DD
    2017 - DD - didn't sway***

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Surgena, I used to be my ob's nurse, but I've been out of the loop since its been 6 years. I can say I've been becoming more and more "crunchy" myself since I've left her office. I would have NEVER considered seeing a midwife back then... and now in a way I wish I didn't have such a close relationship with my Dr so I could deliver at a birth center with a midwife. I know the best midwife in my area and love her. I have really considered seeing her full time. This probably sounds ridiculously selfish, but my feet-knees are so swollen I can barely walk now. I'm absolutely miserable. My bp is within normal limits but its usually 90/56 and its now 120/70 +/-. Dr is not concerned but my midwife Ive been cheating on my Dr with mentioned poss the start of pih/pre-e. I live 45 min away from the hospital without traffic and I live in California and there is ALWAYS traffic. My husband is pushing the induction because of our distance and the fact this is #4... He's scared of being stuck on the fwy in labor. I didn't argue since I have my out of town grandparents here for only one more week.

I've actually been using EPO for 3 weeks now and I believe it has been softening my cervix somewhat, but I also have what's considered a stubborn stenotic cervix. We're not sure of using the Cytotec yet, but are pretty sure about the induction.

Oh and have you seen the business of being born? I think it's on Netflix. I've been tryin to get my dh to watch it. I've never seen it but I heard its a great video and would probably change his mind.
    Last edited by Brandles; May 17th, 2013 at 05:06 AM.
    Brandy (38), Hubby (40), 3 handsome sons (19, 17, 6) and 1 sweet girl (3)
    Expecting a sweet baby, 4/8/2017!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandles View Post
    Surgena, I used to be my ob's nurse, but I've been out of the loop since its been 6 years. I can say I've been becoming more and more "crunchy" myself since I've left her office. I would have NEVER considered seeing a midwife back then... and now in a way I wish I didn't have such a close relationship with my Dr so I could deliver at a birth center with a midwife. I know the best midwife in my area and love her. I have really considered seeing her full time. This probably sounds ridiculously selfish, but my feet-knees are so swollen I can barely walk now. I'm absolutely miserable. My bp is within normal limits but its usually 90/56 and its now 120/70 +/-. Dr is not concerned but my midwife Ive been cheating on my Dr with mentioned poss the start of pih/pre-e. I live 45 min away from the hospital without traffic and I live in California and there is ALWAYS traffic. My husband is pushing the induction because of our distance and the fact this is #4... He's scared of being stuck on the fwy in labor. I didn't argue since I have my out of town grandparents here for only one more week.

I've actually been using EPO for 3 weeks now and I believe it has been softening my cervix somewhat, but I also have what's considered a stubborn stenotic cervix. We're not sure of using the Cytotec yet, but are pretty sure about the induction.

Oh and have you seen the business of being born? I think it's on Netflix. I've been tryin to get my dh to watch it. I've never seen it but I heard its a great video and would probably change his mind.

Aw, feeling for you. Induction can just be so hard on the baby - you know, the spiral of intervention-thing. BUT if obviously there is a concern of your health, you have to do what you have to do, within what you are comfortable doing, obviously. Research the induction options and see what seems the best... and I hope for you the best of luck.

And, oh yeah - I've seen it! I watched it before I had my son and I've recently re-watched it. Also, there is a new one out called Birth Story about Ina May Gaskin that was lovely. My husband watched that with me, but he's very pro-woman's ability to birth, etc, with full confidence and support in me and so is very supportive in watching whatever I throw his way... which I'm grateful about. He's such a good team player.

Definitely watch Business of Being Born! Watch it now rather then after... whether or not you can get your hubby to watch it. It's a good thing to watch.

The US does just disappoint me in a lot of ways with how it handles women and pregnancy. The medicalization of it can often do more harm then good. Granted, there will ALWAYS be those that NEED the medical attention and help to safely birth their babies... but the high percentages of medical intervention and the lack of that even helping prevent the terrible mortality rates in the US seems off to me.

I was the only baby of my mother's 4 children that she used a midwife with (she still had me in the hospital but saw a midwife throughout pregnancy and the midwife was with her at the hospital)... and I was the only baby of my mother's 4 children who she did NOT use drugs with, did not need Pitocin with, etc. My younger brother after me, she couldn't use the midwife because she had retired... and she found herself thrown back into the whirlwind of intervention and she's not quite sure how it all happened.

I always found it really telling that I was the only one she saw a midwife with, and I was her only natural, normal, un-tampered with birth and labor (I'm baby #3.)

Midwives are so under appreciated there and it's so upsetting (obviously even being illegal in some States, which my husband thinks is craaaazy!) to me at times.

I'm rambling now completely unrelated to your post!

Er, basically, do what is best in the interest and health of you and your baby, but also watch Business of Being Born soon with or without your hubby. <3
    2010 - 1 DS
    2013 - DD

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ladies Hope all is going well for our new mommies and also for those ladies gearing up to have their little kiddos! I can't believe it, but our little one is already over a week old. She is a great baby, so chill and easy. I am hoping it lasts. Big brothers are pretty smitten, although we have had some adjustment issues with DS2 with sharing my cuddles. They do both seem to enjoy their sister. I feel amazing, which might be simply in comparison to how awful I felt the two weeks before I delivered her. But I am still prolly flying high on hormones

I can't get my JPG files to upload, so I just have one pic from my main computer. I'll try to get some more up soon. But here is our little gal on going-home day.

DSC07233e.jpg

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been having menstrual-type cramps/achiness in my abdomen (definitely not contractions because they're fairly constant but without hardening of my tummy) since very early this morning, off and on but mostly on. WHAT DOES IT MEANNNN??? Do you think I'm just "softening" in there and that's why?
    2010 - 1 DS
    2013 - DD

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by suregena View Post
    I've been having menstrual-type cramps/achiness in my abdomen (definitely not contractions because they're fairly constant but without hardening of my tummy) since very early this morning, off and on but mostly on. WHAT DOES IT MEANNNN??? Do you think I'm just "softening" in there and that's why?
    I would describe the start of my labor as period cramps.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All I can remember from my son was having braxton hicks that felt mildly twingy for most of the day and then suddenly they turned and became increasingly sharper which is when I decided I was in labor.

I've had the odd twingey braxton hicks now tonight but nothing consistent. Hmmm.
    2010 - 1 DS
    2013 - DD

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like you on your way suregena second time for me was very different from the first. Try not to predict what will happen just listen to your body and instinct. Get some rest if you can.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Whoooa... I've just gone to bed and she has just done some of the roughest, craziest movements ever. Almost ow... really uncomfortable movements. Wonder what she's up to in there...
    2010 - 1 DS
    2013 - DD

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by suregena View Post
    Whoooa... I've just gone to bed and she has just done some of the roughest, craziest movements ever. Almost ow... really uncomfortable movements. Wonder what she's up to in there...
    Have you read my birth story? I am hearing lots of similar things http://genderdreaming.com/forum/birt...rth-story.html

Page 79 of 89 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast