Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Waiting to tell people you are expecting?!

How long do you plan on waiting before announcing you are expecting to friends and family? My Husband and I agreed that if at all possible we are going to wait til we know the gender to reveal we are expecting to family and friends (my mother knows but only because she lives with us).

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've told so many people already! I'm rubbish at secrets, mine anyway!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We will wait until after we hear the heartbeat which will be late in the first tri. Most of our family is 3000 miles away, so we may wait a little longer to tell them...We haven't told our kids yet - we were going to tell them before the first appt.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Big Smile

We would tell my mom right away, close friends after 13 weeks and i would hide it at work until it was obvious like 5 months plus!!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    not telling so exciting keeping this to ourselves. not sure when. im so bloated it will be obvious soon!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The only reason I want to wait to tell people is because I already know I will get people saying things like "this one needs to be a girl" "team Pink" telling me my mil needs a granddaughter and so I the baby already is whatever it is the last I want to hear is people telling me what it should be I also really don't want to have to deal with the "you guys really need a girl" "maybe next time" comments if its a boy I figure if we just announce we are expecting a baby____ this spring no one will say anything because it will be new news at least that's the hope it is one thing dealing with desiring a gender I don't want friend and family opinions telling me what I want or need of course my husband and I want a girl we already have two boys I just feel it will be loads easier if its a boy without their opinions!!! I'm pretty sure that makes me sound crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by XXPlease View Post
    The only reason I want to wait to tell people is because I already know I will get people saying things like "this one needs to be a girl" "team Pink" telling me my mil needs a granddaughter and so I the baby already is whatever it is the last I want to hear is people telling me what it should be I also really don't want to have to deal with the "you guys really need a girl" "maybe next time" comments if its a boy I figure if we just announce we are expecting a baby____ this spring no one will say anything because it will be new news at least that's the hope it is one thing dealing with desiring a gender I don't want friend and family opinions telling me what I want or need of course my husband and I want a girl we already have two boys I just feel it will be loads easier if its a boy without their opinions!!! I'm pretty sure that makes me sound crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You do not sound crazy at all!! I can completely relate, as that is what I heard with DS2 from all of my family.

This time around, I am going to stop drinking any alcohol 4-5 months before we even start trying (usually have a glass of wine with mil when we visit), I don't want people knowing ahead of time & saying things like that to us again!

I think your plan sounds fair! You should be able to enjoy your pregnancy without having to go through that
    On the other hand though, is it hard for you to keep it a secret? Will it cause you to be even more stressed out?

Best of luck to you & hoping you have a happy & healthy bundle of cuteness
    Last edited by mommy2j&l; July 8th, 2013 at 10:53 PM.
    Love my sweet boys!
    J~2006
    L~2012 &
    TTC In early 2014!

All babies are amazing miracles & I LOVE being a mommy!!
    Best wishes to all the moms out there!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No it shouldn't be hard to keep it a secret I am a stay at home Mom my husbands family doesn't live close so I should be able to hide it without much trouble if I want to share with someone of my choice I could my husband wouldn't mind I really don't think it will be too difficult to hide other than the fact that I get killer morning sickness while pregnant but I'm hoping to keep that hidden from others I'll probably just stay home a little more say I'm not feeling social or something and this will sound crazy but once my MIL had said she hoped we would have another boy so we could use a boys name I like and it made me mad because she knows we really want a girl so I don't want her possibly sending me boy vibes she can be dramatic in a negative way sometimes like I once told her that one way or another she will have a granddaughter someday (her only other child doesn't want kids ours will be her only grandkids) and she said something to the extent that if we had a daughter its not like she would ever get to spend time with her just the boys because my mom would want her all the time ( dramatic!) plus I kind think she resents the fact that I open desire a daughter as well acting like I think of our boys as less than which I for sure don't and I know for a fact she wanted her second to be a girl which he wasn't so I don't see the difference she was unable to have more kids because of a undiagnosed RH factor..... I think life will actually be easier keeping to us so we can really enjoy everything!!!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If I did think it would be more stressful or hard to keep it a secret we would tell people but I really think keeping it a secret is less stressful and hard though I did have a dream that my husband did tell his parents and I was pissed LOL I also don't see the point in sharing the news and then swearing people to secrecy!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm struggling to keep it quiet - but i don't want to tell people just yet. I'd like to wait until we've been to our 12-week scan, just in case.
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Hoping for another baby girl in 2016/17

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast