Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, Hopeful!

2011 Failed IG sway

2014 Failed GD sway

August 2015

Whoops DUE February 28th 2017 with a BOY! Didn't get a chance to sway for another girl, but this little guy really wanted to be apart of our family. We love him already!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck kitty, fingers crossed its a girl for you!!

I don't like "failed sway" - I know technically it is, but no baby is a fail so maybe we could change it to something else? "Nature's choice"? Or something better lol my brain won't work!!

I've been cuddling my friends 2 week old bubba today, he is such a gorgeous little man, just brings it back all those new mummy feelings, I can't wait to have thise again!

Xxx
    2009 2012 due Apr 2014

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You know, I really struggled with the newborn stage. My first was premature, and I had never even held a baby before, I was terrified of this tiny red thing that looked like it was going to break. I got covered in poo every nappy change, I poppers the babygrows up wrong every time without fail, I spent all my time worrying if I was doing it wrong, or if they were going to die in their sleep, or if they were getting enough milk, too hot, too cold, etc etc!!!!!! I didn't really enjoy it until much later. I love it now!! I kind of wish I could skip to 6 months in or so, or even to the toddler stage, this is the part I'm good at and I feel settled in!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations hm and ss!!! That is awesome news!!!

Northern, sorry to hear your bubba was confirmed as a boy. It must be really hard hearing everyone else get such good news.

Ribenaberry I feel exactly like you. Until the tech said that she thought it was a boy, despite us saying we didn't really want to be told, that we hadn't decided to find out, I felt ok waiting. Now I really want to know! I am thinking of paying for a gender scan at 16 weeks. Dh and I have kinda decided that now that we have our hopes up, we will be more disappointed with a girl than we otherwise would be, cos to be honest, we have two beautiful, beautiful girls, and a third little girl will be treasured here. But we really would like a boy to.

So currently we have an 80% success rate with the sways. I reckon that is pretty good! Fingers crossed our sway was enough....

Oh and kitty, good luck on your scan in 39hrs
    DD in 2009
    DD2 in 2012
    Swayed with GD in 2013 and had a beautiful DS in 2014
    Currently TTC another blue bundle. Wish me luck!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerian View Post
    I'm exactly the same We got our 20 week scan on Friday and I'm halfway expecting the sonographer to turn around and say "Oh look, boy parts" even though we got a very clear potty shot with no mistaking her gender! it feels all 'wrong', in a good way, and I think its only just starting to dawn on me that I'm actually having a little girl =D

I don't think it will really feel real before she's out and I hear the consultant say "its a girl!"
    I am the same right now! I don't have my anatomy scan until Dec 3rd. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I have watched the ultrasound DVD because I was afraid it was the cord and I'm gonna be told it's a girl at my 20 week. In some of the shots depending on the angle of the ultrasound wand you can see cord and some you see penis but you see it so many times in the 8 min video and from different angles there is no denying it. My husband and I are still in disbelief. We both went into the elective scan expecting to hear girl. It's still so unreal to me that it's a boy and not a girl. Even though I KNOW it's a boy in the back of my mind I still sometimes catch myself doubting.
    Aug 2009

March 2012

Due April 19th, 2014!!!

View my successful sway:
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

I have some handcrafted bath and body products for sale in the B/S/T forum that were made by me if anyone is interested. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/buy-...tml#post484494

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribenaberry View Post

I don't like "failed sway" - I know technically it is, but no baby is a fail so maybe we could change it to something else? "Nature's choice"? Or something better lol my brain won't work!!

Xxx
    I know, its not a nice term, but its not saying the baby is a fail - its the sway itself that wasn't successful. Its not coined at the baby, if my baby girl had been a girl I'd still say "failed sway" even though I'd be happy with a boy. Its really nothing more than that. We aren't saying the baby is a failure or mistake, but the things the parents did to sway the gender failed to do what the parents hoped it would do.

I'd be happy to use another phrase if you ladies can think of something that sounds nicer. I'm only writing it as a percentage thing, but I can stop if you want me to?
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Hoping for another baby girl in 2016/17

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty0911 View Post
    Congrats SoulSister!

All this good news is making me so nervous for my scan!! Exactly 45 hours away! I'm pretty sure I'll be added to the "failed sway" list. I am almost 100% certain I'm having another boy. But at least I can start buying cute clothes
    We're being scanned at the same day then! I got my 20 week scan tomorrow too =D
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Hoping for another baby girl in 2016/17

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My second was a failed shettles sway; I've never taken the term to have any negative reflection on my awesome son! But I can see how the word failed is more negative than needs be. Perhaps sway opposite?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just popping in from the other dd board. I know just how hurtful these terms are without there being any intent behind it at all, so I really feel for you Northern. There is no ideal term but I like to think that you're getting what fate intended and your sway just gave things a helping hand or not. Atomic herself says just how much luck is involved in it all, so perhaps take that into consideration. It's awful having any negative connotations tagged onto your pregnancy & innocent remarks celebrating the 'success' of the group cuts to the core. Northern has been through sooo much already & did a super stellar sway. Please read the thread that Atomic started in the DD boards about this topic. Sorry I'm on my phone or I'd post a link. Please no-one take offence at my post, it's not intended but I know how it feels from the other side & I haven't been through a fraction of what poor Northern has. Thanks for reading

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks but I'm not against using the term, my sway did fail, as did my body at producing a healthy girl, and I failed at giving my family a much wanted baby girl. It seems that no matter how small the percentage to be on the wrong side of where we want to be, my path leads that way. I had a 0.00009% chance of conceiving a child with Evelyn's condition, yet there we go.
    Last edited by Northern_Shutterbug; October 30th, 2013 at 06:08 AM.
    since 2005 2008 2010.

When our dream became a nightmare
    http://www.20-week-countdown.blogspot.com

Failed sway due April 2014

Page 49 of 59 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast