Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Embarrassed The omg are you sure it's a girl support group!

Sooooooo I made the huge mistake of googling "told wrong gender at ultrasound", I guess I just don't like being happy!!! All joking aside, I just feel like it's too good to be true, and I know a couple of us told girl have been feeling the same so I thought having a separate place to vent/stress/reassure each other we are completely penis free without rubbing it in for those having sway opposites might be nice.

Well here we are, hello I am hopefulmonster and I have a problem!! Here is my money shot, 15+5, the tech said they had never been wrong yet and had sexed over 15,000 babies, and that their policy was to say they are 99.9% accurate but she was happy to tell me 100%... Yet still I doubt it!!! Anyone else wants turn? Xxxxx

Last edited by HopefulMonster; November 3rd, 2013 at 07:26 PM.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With our daughter I couldn't bring my.self to believe it until she was in my arms. And I am the same this time too! Even though I saw 3 lines at the scan and knew before the tech said its a girl, I still feel like it has to be too good to be true.
    There is something about being shown 'nothing' that just makes it hard to feel confident.
    Boys it's all out there, it leaves no room for doubt.
    I have been looking at the shot we do have lots!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I soooo belong here! I have my potty shot as my phone screensaver be ause I need to look at it a million times a day! I haven't googled, 'wrong gender' but I have googled other girl potty shots to compare! Thankfully they look the same, but still want to see it in the flesh!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The other thing, is I'm totally paranoid something will go wrong :/ Ive been very laid back in the past, now I can't sleep til I've felt a kick, same reassurance needed in the morning. I'm having second thoughts about my homebirth, just feeling nervous about every aspect of getting her here, not me! I want to relax and enjoy!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Um yes! I totally belong here!! I've got two boys and due in March with a girl. Here is the money shot. Hoping she doesn't sprout a willy in the next few months!!

I can relate also to the worry that something will go wrong. I was so relaxed with the boys but not this time

I20130920160630578.jpg

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the exact same thing!! I am completely worked up about my upcoming anatomy scan, like everything's perfect so I'm just waiting for something terrible to come along and drag me back down to earth. I was never like this last time, it sounds awful but I kind of just assumed everything would be fine.

Btw Happy pixie that is maybe the clearest girl potty shot I've seen, you can actually make out the labia rather than just 3 lines I would love to swap pics I'd find yours much more reassuring!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But your tech has written 'little girl' on your scan, they're aren't going to do that unless they're absolutely sure!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm right there with you! I'm so worried little Cottontail will turn out to be a little boy at my next scan! I was secretly relieved when she refused to open her legs at the 20 week scan xD at least they couldn't tell me its a boy rofl!

And then there's the paranoia. It's so hard for me to think that I'll finally get to take my little girl home with me, especially after 8 years of heart ache and believing I just wasn't destined to be a girl mum!
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Hoping for another baby girl in 2016/17

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by thehappypixi View Post
    The other thing, is I'm totally paranoid something will go wrong :/ Ive been very laid back in the past, now I can't sleep til I've felt a kick, same reassurance needed in the morning. I'm having second thoughts about my homebirth, just feeling nervous about every aspect of getting her here, not me! I want to relax and enjoy!
    We had 2 different scans/techs tell us this is a girl, so I am feeling better about that part, but I am totally paranoid, especially now... At my appt. on Thursday they said there were problems indicated on my anatomy scan (low fluid, off growth ratios), so I have been referred to a perinatalogist It might be nothing (errors on first scan), but it might be IUGR, and I'm trying not to envision the worst. I'll be 23 weeks when we find out this week, so the very edge of possible viability - I just want this baby girl to be safe and healthy like my boys!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Had another scan today and did NOT get an IUGR diagnosis, thank God! Baby girl (confirmed again) is just measuring small in a few areas. Doc was not worried - we'll go back in a month to make sure she is following her curve, otherwise she is a perfect little alien-looking baby . I'm going to up the protein and cut down on the cardio in the meantime to give her the best chance to catch up in those areas...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast