Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why?

I knew we shouldn't have told anyone or got excited or even bought anything, we've jinxed it. Well, I have. I wanted to tell everyone, I bought stuff, I got cocky because my tests were getting darker.

Now I'm stuck in the hospital, having been here for 10 hours already, staying the night because they think its ectopic or a miscarriage.

I came for a scan because of pain in my right side and a pressure feeling going down the right leg and radiating to my lower back. I was sure it would be a cyst, as I get them in pregnancy. They saw a sac in my uterus, so said it was in the right place, but they didn't see a yolk sac. They then found a cyst on my right ovary but a lot if fluid round it too.

So, they took bloods and did an internal. Cervix closed but the bloods are 7000miu. Yes, that's great for 5 weeks but at that amount there should be a yolk sac.

I am here overnight, nil by mouth from midnight, with a cannula in my hand because they want to do a larascocopy (sp?) in the morning.

So, best scenario, its not an ectopic, and I'm miscarrying. Worst scenario, its an ectopic, and they remove the tube and the sac in the uterus will carry on to a miscarriage. They think its going to be the worst, so not only am I reducing my fertility, I'll be having my third miscarriage in 5 months.

I said months ago that someone hated me.
    since 2005 2008 2010.

When our dream became a nightmare
    http://www.20-week-countdown.blogspot.com

Failed sway due April 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, no. Northern. I hope they are wrong, I truly do. Big hugs to you, so sorry you are having to go through this, whatever it turns out to be.
    12.24.08 4.13.10 third and last. It is nice being queen of my castle but would love to add a princess.

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker

After 12 months ttc, taking a little sanity break. Fx to all of the dear ladies on here in the meantime.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh my goodness, Northern. Sending you a huge hug, you poor poor thing.
    What an awful thing to face, I just hope that they look after you very well in the hospital and it's the better of the two outcomes for you. I'll be thinking of you and hope you'll be home safe with your precious boys tomorrow. x x
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been exactly where you are two weeks ago. At 5w3d nothing could be seen on the scan, same thing for 6w3d.
    Then I suddenly had pain on the left side so I went to the hospital. They have seen something in my left ovar and told me that I was going to have surgery right away they just wanted to wait for blood results. I was so devastated I never thought I would ever consider natural miscarriage as best scenario but this time I definitely did. I was afraid of having my tube removed or scares that would up my chances of another ectopic pregnancy. When the results were in they told me to go home because the HCG fell from 350 to 120 in just one day so they were hoping my body would deal with it on it's own. 2 days later they checked the hormones again and HCG was at 49 and I started bleeding that night. It was terrible for me, I was so excited about beeing pregnant and told friends and family and then this happened...

I am so very sorry for your losses this is really not fair. I know exactly what your going through and i wish you all the best! You should consider getting checked on why this happend so often so you can prevent another miscarriage. I would love to bit they don't do it unless I miscarried 3 times in a row .

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    could your dates be wrong and you be further behind than you think and hence no yolk Sac ?
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    At 5 weeks, it is normal to only see a sac. If they see a sac, it doesn't make sense that there is an ectopic unless you ovulated 2 eggs and one is in the uterus and one is in the tube...I am not following.

The pain is the only thing that seems abnormal to me at this point. You levels, u/s sound just fine.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is not correct at all-

So, best scenario, its not an ectopic, and I'm miscarrying. Worst scenario, its an ectopic, and they remove the tube and the sac in the uterus will carry on to a miscarriage.

Best case is there is a baby in there and it's WAY too early to see anything on u/s- they don't let us come in at all with HT until 6 weeks MINIMUM. 5 weeks is too early to tell anything but it's not ectopic. There's nothing in the uterus when it's ectopic!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    At 5 weeks, it is normal to only see a sac. If they see a sac, it doesn't make sense that there is an ectopic unless you ovulated 2 eggs and one is in the uterus and one is in the tube...I am not following.

The pain is the only thing that seems abnormal to me at this point. You levels, u/s sound just fine.
    I've been told at the hospital that there is such a thing as a "phantom sac" possible with an ectopic pregnancy. Also her blood levels were at 7000 you should definitely see more than a sac at this amount.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all. As Pumpkin has said, my levels mean that there should be a yolk sac and trust my I've tried to find as much positive information as I can, but its all pointing to a miscarriage if it was a proper sac, or nothing real and I've got an eptopic in there.
    since 2005 2008 2010.

When our dream became a nightmare
    http://www.20-week-countdown.blogspot.com

Failed sway due April 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't get that either, i had a scan at 6 weeks with ds2 as i had some spotting and all they could see was a sack, they didn't seem bothered it measured about right and i went back a week later to see if it had developed (he was fine).

I also had a scan with this one at 7 weeks due to the really sharp pains i'd been getting, once they saw everything was where it was mean't to be again they weren't bothered.

I hope there wrong and everything is fine
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast