Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Experts please help!

I know I've put this on my post below but I'm desperate for any help I can get!

Well, I've discharged myself for tonight. My stats were staying steady, and the nurses were happy with the fact I wasn't in pain, it was just the dr that wasn't happy with me leaving. It was causing me more stress staying there waiting for tomorrow afternoon just so they could monitor my blood pressure and pulse every 5 hours and wait for 1pm tomorrow where they'll repeat the blood test.

So, I'm on strict orders to go back IMMEDIATELY if I present certain symptoms, but its difficult because I'm running a fever from a cold virus, so feel bad anyway.

So tomorrow I have a million and one questions but here are my main ones.

1, the pain in my side was worse on the 2nd and then eased in the evening, becoming a full pressure ache that radiated round the right side of my pelvis to my lower back and down my right leg, this has eased considerably since with only 4 small episodes today. Surely if it was ectopic the pain would be getting worse?

2, I have had a very small amount of fresh blood on wiping, didn't even stain knickers, on the 3rd, nothing else, would this not get worse?

3, the sonographer said she had seen a large amount of fluid NEXT to my right ovary, as well as a cyst on the ovary. She did not see or mention anything in the tube, so surely if the fluid was blood from the tube I would be in agony as it means its ruptured.

4, there was a sac in the uterus measuring 5 weeks, which I know I am dead on, so could this just be too early to see a yolk? Could it take a few more days to develop? How easy would it be to miss? Could the sonographer have just misses it? The drs are basically saying because there's no yolk its either an ectopic or a miscarriage.

5, my HCG level was 7000miu which the dr said means that there SHOULD be a yolk sac as after 7200miu there is ALWAYS a yolk sac. Is there any movement in this? Could the 200miu make a difference?

6, they are doing a repeat blood test tomorrow to see what it's doing. If it doubles (I hope it does!) then what will this actually tell us as I've read that it can do this with ectopics anyway. He doesn't think a scan will be done as no-one is available at weekends (!!), so surely just bloods isn't going to give us a clear picture.

If any of you could answer some if these I'd be grateful. My dr is just the registrar, the consultant never seems to be available, and he doesn't seem to be the most positive or forthwith with information.

Anyway, like I said, I'm home, resting. I had 18 hours nil by mouth, hooked up to a saline drip and just constantly being to from 7am that the registrar would see me to decide if I needed a larascocopy, and he didn't show up til 3pm. So I thought they couldn't be that worried or it be presenting as urgent.
    since 2005 2008 2010.

When our dream became a nightmare
    http://www.20-week-countdown.blogspot.com

Failed sway due April 2014

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that before you reach 5 1/2, 6 weeks, it's impossible to tell what is going on. The cyst can explain away the pain.

You either have a normal pregnancy and in a week or so, that will be confirmed by u/s, a blighted ovum which will be confirmed if your HCG levels start to drop and you may start to bleed or an ectopic but your beta is pretty high for it to be an ectopic and if it was one, there is an embryo somewhere that they should be able to see NOW on u/s.

This is a great site for info-
    Ectopic Pregnancy | Tubal Pregnancy
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's too early to see a yolk sad I thnk there is still hope
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had an ectopic when I was in my late teens... I was living in China at the time with my parents, this was in the 90's so medical care for foreigners was sort of hit and miss. This is what I can share with you about my situation (and why there might be hope for you)... I took a hpt and it came up positive, but 2 days later I started bleeding A LOT. I mean, more than af bleeding, scary amount of bleeding. We went to the hospital, they saw the ectopic on u/s as clear as day... HUGE and in my right tube (it was later estimated to be 6 wks along). I went in for surgery that afternoon... So, my point is that with a good amount of ectopics, you will have SIGNIFICANT bleeding, and especially hcg levels much lower than 7000 miu...

As far as it being a viable pregnancy, if your hcg is doubling in 72 hrs then it's a good sign... odds are in your favor! Good luck and keep us posted
    @ 9 wks
    DS - 2004 @ 32 wks
    DS1 - 2005
    DS2 - 2007
    DD - 2012 @ 14 wks
    DS3 - 2013

Baby is here! Born December 4th, 2013 So blessed to have 3 healthy, handsome boys!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanting-a-girl View Post
    I think it's too early to see a yolk sad I thnk there is still hope
    I agree. I had a scan where I was measuring exactly 5 weeks and the sac could be seen but not the yolk sac. I went back for another scan at 7 weeks and the yolk sac was there, and we saw a heartbeat.
    2004 2007 2010

It's a boy! Due 7/8/2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really hope there's something positive tomorrow.

I'm just a bit confused as dr said that hcg levels should double in 48 hrs, which is when the next blood will be taken, but I've read online that when the level is above 6000miu then it take 4 or more days to double.
    Last edited by Northern_Shutterbug; January 5th, 2013 at 03:54 PM.
    since 2005 2008 2010.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Shutterbug View Post
    I really hope there's something positive tomorrow.

I'm just a bit confused as dr said that hcg levels should double in 48 hrs, which is when the next blood will be taken, but I've read online that when the level is above 600miu then it take 4 or more days to double.
    You are correct. It doesn't just keep doubling that quickly.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just get the feeling that the dr is talking out his arse! I know I'm being angry and he's gone through years of training but he said he'd want to see if its gone down or doubled, but at this level it's not going to double so he'll probably say it definitely means an ectopic!

His ultimate view before we left was "it's either going to turn out to be an ectopic, or you are miscarrying". Basically no hope, but I will fight for a scan tomorrow and put my foot down. They haven't (supposedly) had any complaints this month, so I'll definitely be threatening one if I don't get any answers. It's making me more stressed and in fact there isn't anything wrong, then that's not good.
    since 2005 2008 2010.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think he's talking out of his ass! I would get a different opinion
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is this your regular OB or just the hospital dr.? I would definitely be wanting to see someone else if he got something as basic as hcg doubling times wrong!
    2004 2007 2010

It's a boy! Due 7/8/2013

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast