Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Delighted to be PG but sway worries creeping in

Hi ladies

I have just found this group. I got my bfp two weeks ago and providing all stays well (I have had a couple of bleeds/scares) and bean stays sticky I will be 6 weeks tomorrow, due 16th November according to my dates.

I swayed pink and when I first got my bfp I was thrilled, still am, gender didn't cross my mind I was just so glad to get my bfp, and be back to my boy eating ways haha.

Now I feel that the gender thoughts are creeping back in and I am panicking that my sway wasn't 'good enough' etc. I will love this child, boy or girl, more than anything, of course, but I desperately want a girl and now it is decided it is in the lap of the gods.

Deep down I feel no matter how hard I tried to sway I am somehow meant to have another boy, like I wont be 'lucky' enough to have a girl.

Does/had anyone felt this way?

x

April '13 - MMC & ERPC

LE since Jan '12, diet break in Dec '13 due to vanishing ovulation, back on it 'Jan 14

....BFN Feb & March (clomid cycles) with a 7/8 day LP

Hurry up BFP! Losing the will!

My FF homepage: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3323f5

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hi jenni. i understand. we also swayed blue but i feel deep down it is a sweet pink bundle for us. Praying God us what is best for our family not just what we want.
    1 beautiful

(20wks)

but if we get a will still be over the moon

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know how you feel. I'm trying to rely on God to provide the right gender but then I get so upset like then why God do you put this desire in my heart and I don't want to feel disappointed like I'm ungrateful. It's hard being in this place.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel the same way. I know realistically my sway was good and I have a very good chance at pink, and DH is convinced we're having a girl this time around and he always thought our DS was a boy. Yet, I am still afraid of this baby (honest truth!) and am feeling reluctant to celebrate anything yet because I won't find out for sure for a while if my sway worked.

At this point what's done is done, right? All we can do now is pray that our sways worked and wait. I suck at waiting though, lol.

I think it's completely natural to have anxiety in situations like this and doubt things. It's kind of like studying really really hard for a big exam that's very important to your life, and then taking the exam, and then waiting for weeks to get the results back. It's natural to think "oh maybe I should have done this" or "what if I would have done that?" and also worry that maybe your sway "wasn't good enough" to get you what your heart is after.

I just got my BFP on Friday and I have to say all of this feels very anti-climatic. I worked so hard on swaying for so long and now that it's all done it's like....ok...now what? LOL. I'm trying to get busy with work projects but I keep hitting into obstacles even there and am wondering what the heck I'm supposed to be doing right now. I may try to get busy with a few other projects around the house and things with our finances now that I feel like I can use my analytical mind again now that I'm not swaying pink anymore, lol.

I do hope that all of us get our DG this time around. I for one can't wait to kick GD to the curb where it belongs once and for all. Here's hoping we all get our DGs this time around. Can't wait to live life GD free!!
    2012 (my sweetest little bug)

2013 Thank you Atomic Sagebrush and Gender Dreaming!

Link to my successful girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel this way too. I didnt get my chance to sway and the more i remember about the few times we bd everything involved sways boy AND i hadn't been on the diet at all, infact my weight was up and down a kilo or two the 2/3 months prior to bd.

As you said, I too am delighted to be pg but i do feel deep down that this is a boy and my dream of pink has been taken away from me. However i am trying to find peace in that I feel this is Gods work and for a reason not known to me at this time, this is the baby meant for me and no amount of swaying was going to change the outcome of this baby if this is what God wanted for me and this baby....
    Mummy to two beautiful precious boys 6 4 hoping for a 2013