Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Harmony test (fetal DNA blood test) gender results being delayed at lab?

I did the harmony blood test which is fetal DNA test, it's been 3 weeks when I was promised only a week and the dr called the lab and the hold up is the gender part, why would they be having difficulties in telling if I am having a boy or girl? They took 3 vials of blood for this test so not enough blood shouldn't be the issue, The other part test for Down syndrome etc was no problem, so what would cause a delay on the gender? Should I be concerned?
    Married for 20yrs, SAHM to 7 healthy boys and one surprise daughter(2021)

Sometimes God's plan is different than what you had in mind, but His plan is always better and He might surprise you later

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    3 weeks does seem long but maybe there a was a back log of blood samples they had to get through before they got to yours? I know the blood has to be fresh though...?? I *think* there is a complicated assay they have to do to get the Y chromosome identified whcih takes a few days. Maybe at that point they can store it until they can get to it. These tests are getting more and more popular and the labs are prob really busy.

Where I live they told me 2-2 1/2 weeks for results (I am waiting too and its a loooong wait) but on the mainland USA I hear it takes much shorter.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope so, I called today and its still not in, why can't they just tell me they can't figure it out lol so I can stop holding my breath, but its either they detect Y chromosomes or not, I live in the USA and they told me 5-10 days, my sister had it done the week before me and hers came back in a week, this is so frustrating lol thanks for replying

Sometimes God's plan is different than what you had in mind, but His plan is always better and He might surprise you later

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Finally got the results back, they detected Y chromosome in my blood so that means I am having another boy, is there any hope they are wrong???? Probably not huh