Page 13 of 85 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    God our ds3's may be twins lol... Mine will run down the road with me waddling running behind him laughing his ass off at me lol...

What does yours like to play with toy wise? Mines obsessed with numbers right now! I got him big foam numbers for the day the baby comes home

Have you had his hearing checked? I never bothered with ds2 cause he had super crazy hearing lol... He can hear things that I can't like doors or his dads car down the street it's crazy lol... Ds3 I don't think has hearing issues either

Can you look at a book with him of something he likes and ask him where's the dog or whatever? I can but now he will usually take my hand to it and point with my finger

Have you tried potty training? I havnt even attempted... I can just tell the comprehensions not there for it April will be my tenth anniversary of changing diapers lol

I get your frustration with him not being able to communicate and such it's hard on both sides I've had some really bad days with ds2'where I just wanted to run away... But I've come to terms with it now... I'm sure your don't great I've put myself in a mindset that I know everyday comes to an end ...
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh potty training isn't even on my radar right now, his comprehension isn't there and that would mean unlocking the bathroom door right now they all have child proof doorknobs he could really do some damage in a bathroom lol. His hearing was checked and it is fine.

He is obsessed with animals! Loves his stuffed dog and cat and loves any book with animals. If I ask him to show me the dog or cat or duck ect he can't do it, but if I ask what does a duck say, he will say quack quack. He knows all of his animals sounds. If I ask him where his eyes and nose are, he usually gets them right but still has a hard time with ears and mouth. Today in the tub he got the shampoo and patted his head and said "hair" I was shocked!

He also loves lightning McQueen, little Einstein toys and buzz light year.
    (6) (4) (2)
    Can't believe I'm finally getting my

My Nub Shot
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...ing-13w2d.html

My sway below
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow thats impressive I havnt been able to get mine to say animal sounds but he says some animals ... Body part I took a break from...

Ya DH keep bugging me about potty training... He gets mad at me cause I refuse to try...but I'm not going to stress somebody who is not ready to do that...it makes it harder n the long run I think...

Ezra loves to climb on the kitchen table and it drives me insane to say the least... So last week I was getting frustrated and I guess he could tell and he started to sing patty cake on his own looking at me with the biggest smile... I almost cried yes but then I realized hes trying to manipulate me lmfao! Event when they don't seem to understand much they are sooo flipping smart lol
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's cute!! My little guy does things to make me laugh when I'm mad at him too! It's a good thing they are so darn cute because otherwise it might be harder to handle. But he really is so cute and sweet when he wants to be.
    (6) (4) (2)

My Nub Shot

My sway below

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol I swear I say that to Ezra everyday lol... Tell him he's lucky he's so beautiful lol

He's into everything constantly lol... Never had that prob with my first 2...
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are boys are exactly the same lol
    (6) (4) (2)

My Nub Shot

My sway below

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to hijack your thread ladies but just wanted to say that I am a speech-language pathologist and I work with Autism and kids with speech/language delays all day. If you ever need any questions answered or anything feel free to private message me.
    Thorz--seems like your little guy just may have expressive and receptive language delays. Possibly ADD could also be an issue too as you mentioned his behavior, but it may not also. Aspergers syndrome could also be possible. As someone else mentioned you are doing the right thing by getting him services. Make sure you tell them ALL his symptoms and behaviors at his evaluation. Best of luck!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thorz -- my DS1 was also HUGELY into all kinds of sounds before he finally started talking. When he was evaluated at 2.5 years, his expressive language was barely over 12 months and receptive was at 18 months, so he definitely qualified for speech therapy. We were moving at the time so we only got a few sessions in but could see improvement almost immediately. Potty training was also an issue with him because of that and he was finally ready to do that (easily, I might add) after he started preschool and started talking (a little over 3 yo at the time).

But as I said, he was very good with sounds and his hearing was excellent too. He grunted a lot and motioned/pointed with his finger all the time. He was also not that great at pointing things out in a book though.

DS2 (2.5 yo next month) speaks in complete sentences (he told DH in the car the other day: "Dada, be quiet, I am talking to Mama" or tonight "Mama we brought your medication from the store." He even tells stories) and yet also has no sense of danger and does NOT listen when I tell him to stop about 9 out of 10 times. He is strong-willed and a daredevil and I can see how all of that would be a lot worse if it wasn't for his advanced speech.

I do have to say that WAG is absolutely right when it comes to a diagnosis and what that would change for you. Who knows, maybe my DS1 IS on the spectrum somewhere but he is doing well and that's all we need to know for now. He is 4.5 and his pronunciation is still rather iffy compared to other kids his age but he'll also go to Kindergarten a year later so he has more time to catch up.
    12/18/08 02/13/11 08/30/13
    Three amazing boys -- our family is complete!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My DS2 Sounds a lot like your DS3 Thorz. At 2 years old he wasn't talking. At 2.5 He would say maybe 20 words but only I could understand him. He has always been on the late spectrum of development. it seemed like every time I took him to the pediatrician they would say "well if by next appointment he isn't _____ (rolling over, crawling, walking) then we will worry" and it seemed like he would always just make the cut off for the milestone. My DS2 also did a lot of difficult defiant behavior and he would run away from me in public places all the time. I would see these other parents with their children following them and wondered how did they get their kids to follow them?? I had to put locks on all the doors that lead to the outside of the house because he was such an escape artist. He would get easily frustrated probably because of the communication barrier. He would hold his fists out and growl/grunt at me when he was upset. I finally got him potty trained about 6 months ago (right before he turned 4). I tried everything to get him to go in the toilet. The kid would pee everywhere except the toilet. He even got naked a couple of times in the neighbors yard and went poop and pee. So embarrassing especially since they have two very mild mannered girls.

Anyway, not sure what happened when he turned 4 but he has been like a different kid since then. No more running away, destroying toys, hitting his brother, getting naked with little to no notice, etc. He can follow directions and remember to do multiple tasks (like if I ask him to put his plate in the sink and put his shoes on), has finally learned all his ABCs. His vocabulary has really picked up and can talk like a "normal" 4 year old. I finally put him in preschool last week and the teacher loves him and she said she "wishes she had a classroom full of kids like him". Needless to say I was shocked to hear her say that. I think some kids (especially boys) just develop slower than others mentally. Hang in there and I am sure he will come out on the other side just fine. In the mean time I know how hard it is and don't feel bad for wanting to put him in school. If I had access to free preschool I would have put DS2 in it long time ago!! We didn't do anything special for him (no speech therapy) other than I kept on him about how he I expect him to behave (no hitting, throwing rocks, throwing toys, destroying things, peeing in the neighbors yard, running away, etc.) It was exhausting but I think it has finally paid off!! He is really excited to be a big brother and can't wait to meet his new sister. He kisses and hugs me and my belly all the time. He really is a sweet kid and I am glad that other people are finally getting to see it also!!
    Last edited by WantingPink; August 8th, 2013 at 12:44 AM.
    Love my (2006) (2009) (2013) (2014)

THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just got home from another ultrasound. Bubs is now off the growth charts!! Everything looking good for an early induction. He's a pic of my chubby little girl ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375945528.445097.jpg
    DD (4) DS1 (2) DS2 (1)
    swayed pink and at 22wks we had confirmed a little is on her way!!
    Thank you Atomic for your wonderful knowledge and support!

My nub shot
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...-nub-shot.html

My potty shots
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/conf...ut-gender.html

My Pink Sway

Page 13 of 85 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast