Page 7 of 85 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My last labour was also 4 hours and i didnt realise it was proper labour for about 30mins, it took us 20mins to drop DS1 off, 40min to drive to the hospital and then i was in hospital about an hour or so before ds2 was born so pretty pushed for time and DH was also at home at the time. His work is also about a 40min drive so we are really going to be pushed for time if this is another quick labour (DS1 was 6 hours).

I have 2 choices where to give birth too. The birth centre (40 mins away) where i really really want to go or the hospital (10min away) which isnt very nice but i know is going to be the better option but i'm really worked up about everything. If only i knew what time and date baby was going to be born

Just tried a date too to see how bad they were and ewww, they look gross, feel gross and taste gross. I thought i liked them but i was very wrong, totally didnt realise they had stones in them and nearly broke my teeth, oops.
    Love my boys lots and lots 2009 2011

Sept 2013 our family will be complete with our little girl

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Daltag I have considered that... Might try it tomorrow! I've had them wrapped in bacon and cooked which is nice but would it still work?!?! Who knows ;-)

I'm really nervous about induction heard some horror stories, it is convient with other children and my dh has a two hour commute and my last labour was 2 hrs so good from that point of view too

Ah feel so near but so far at the mo!

Southern thinking of you hope all okay with your lill man

Thorz I hate milk lol was wondering about some type of smoothie but does that just prolong the pain!

Diva never heard of those will have to try a health food shop thanks

Ate a couple of choccies to take the taste away lol!

Also trying to eat liquorice have freaked myself out about the epo do not taking it at moment but am going to try to sort out some acupuncture tomorrow it's pricy thou ;-(
    DS1 2009 DS2 2011

At around fifteen weeks sadly one of our babies became an angel fx for a healthy singleton!

*Update it's a girl! fx she'll make it!*

Thank you atomic praying our dream will come true

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Believe me induction is not as bad as people make it out to be! I did not find my contractions any worse infact I found ds2 to be my worst labour and it was only 30 minutes lol

I just want to go naturally before induction cause. Kinda want him to pick his date... Lol the element of surprise...
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been eating my dates with a glass of chocolate milk... It seems to help me
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Totally off topic American ladies found a yummy recipe to use some black currants from the garden could you confirm is a graham cracker what we'd call a digestive biscuit? Sweet meal boring one generally improved by chocolate can be eaten with cheese board or is it actually a proper savoury cracker......it's for cheesecake base cheers xx
    DS1 2009 DS2 2011

At around fifteen weeks sadly one of our babies became an angel fx for a healthy singleton!

*Update it's a girl! fx she'll make it!*

Thank you atomic praying our dream will come true

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't feel too bad about being freaked out about the primrose... It doesn't have any science backing it up anyways... But the dates sure do so keep eating them lol
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Diva, I had a water birth for DD3 and it was great. Although I didn't get the full benefit of it cos it was a longish second labour at nine hours and the midwives didn't want me getting in too early in case it stalled things. I was 5cm when we went into hospital and 7cm about four hours later. She was posterior though which is why it was a bit long. Once I got into the water though, it was great.

I love dates! From when are you all eating them? I'm only 32 weeks now so it's probably too soon.

I'm not sure what we'll do when I go into labour - we have really lovely neighbours who have all offered to help even if it means coming over in the middle of the night so we might have to all have a meeting when I'm term to sort things out. DH is a born organiser though so I'm not too worried yet. I've never been induced and would like to avoid it given this will hopefully be my VBAC but it would have huge advantages in terms of sorting the other kids out.

I'm finally getting a tiny bit nesty! I've gone though the old newborn clothes and picked out the ones that are mainly gender neutral although if the odd flowery baby gro sneaks through it doesn't matter. We need to get the double stroller sorted and get some new drawers for DD3 and that's it, I think.

Southern, is everything ok?
    Mummy to three gorgeous girls :
    DD1 7
    DD2 6
    DD3 2
    DS born sep 13

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The study is based on 6 a day for 4 weeks before due date so since I'm trying to beat that 39 week induction I started a week early
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What double stroller are you thinking of getting?

I've been think of southern a lot too! I wonder if her little man has made his entrance
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had an induction with DS1 at 36+3 because of pre-eclampsia and it really sucked. The pit made my contractions unbearable (maybe they gave me more because we were in a bit of a rush with my BP at 160/110) and I was tied to the bed pretty much. My natural birth with DS2 was completely different and so much better.
    This time, they've even agreed to let me get a hep lock only (no saline, just iv access) along with intermittent fetal monitoring so I am free to move around any way I want, which is exactly what I want! They also okay with me drinking and possibly having a light snack if I feel like I need it).

I know things don't always go as planned, but if I can help it, I'd like to go without any tubes and needles going into my body (with DS1 I also ended up with a horrible kidney infection 3 days after birth). Fingers crossed I won't test positive for group b strep this Thursday when I'll also be getting my first internal!!!

When do they test for group b in the UK?

Oh and you can make your own Larabars pretty easily with dates if you have a good food processor. Just google "homemade larabars." Chocolate hazelnut is a good combo!
    12/18/08 02/13/11 08/30/13
    Three amazing boys -- our family is complete!

Page 7 of 85 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast