Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well DS1 slept half the day away yesterday and then slept all night. Woke up looking a bit better, but by this afternoon he has a rash on his cheeks. I don't know if it is left over from his allergic reaction yesterday or a new rash from being sick. We are supposed to go away for a long weekend in a few days so I am hopeful he will be improving by then.
    I had heaps of things to say when I read through the posts, but now I can't think what they were. A bit brain dead I think. Will try again after a sleep!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by PeonyPrincess View Post
    Well DS1 slept half the day away yesterday and then slept all night. Woke up looking a bit better, but by this afternoon he has a rash on his cheeks. I don't know if it is left over from his allergic reaction yesterday or a new rash from being sick. We are supposed to go away for a long weekend in a few days so I am hopeful he will be improving by then.
    I had heaps of things to say when I read through the posts, but now I can't think what they were. A bit brain dead I think. Will try again after a sleep!
    Hopefully it's not Fifth Disease.. I know all about it. DS#1 got it at about 5 months..and then I got it. It's much worse on adults. Another name for it is slapped cheek syndrome.
    I hope your boy gets better soon!
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Pinkin, my OB has said twice now that I'm measuring 4 weeks ahead--I haven't had a scan since my 18w5d scan, but when according to measurements, he's assuming she's going to be a 9 lb long baby! DS2 was long at birth and a big boy, and she's just going to be a big girl. So, I'm prob going to end up having a daughter that is going to be super tall! DS2 is predicted to be taller than his older brother!

DS2 has had a cold for the last two days and now my DH has it, and keeps moaning about how sick he is, and how he hopes me and DS1 don't get it. I really don't want it either--I have enough problems at the minute with this general fatigue, etc, being too hot, etc.

Anyone else craving ice ****s? I cannot honestly get enough. They are the best dessert out there, and instead of wanting ice cream once the kids are in bed, all I can think about is getting back to chewing on ice ****s. I heard that could be a sign of low iron?

Hobbers, I really do know how you feel. When I went to my 8 week scan, and they told me the baby had come from right ovary, (and I was really invested stupidly in the whole right ovary = boy thing), my heart fell and I thought, 'why was I so stupid to think the sway would work for me?' I felt like a fool who had rushed into another pregnancy before I was really ready trying to chase a silly dream. I felt like it would serve me right getting boy 3 so soon because I was "rushing it" and there were a lot of ppl who wanted to be smug about the fact that I'd make nothing but boys. So, I do understand how the feelings of 'this isn't going to work' woudl go. (this applies to you too pinkin!) I still think you'd get a girl if you got pregnant again, Pinkin, but I totally understand if you feel that it'd be too much--kids are hard work.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbermittens View Post
    Knitting and reading sounds relaxing Lynxie! TRy to have fun.
    Haha - isn't it true that when you're a Mom, even a 3 hour trip to a clinic can seem like a vacation if you don't have your kids with you!
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by laughinglynxie View Post
    I may be wrong, but I *believe* that a two-hour test is the new standard for most places (I think as of 2011?). A lot of clinics and such haven't updated their procedures yet. For my 3-hour test, they told me I will be there for probably 4 hours...so I would assume that your "3 hours" actually means the two hour test itself? Ha! I'm so much help! LOL
    My mw offered me the option of going straight to the 3 hour test or doing the 1 hour challenge first. Since I've never had blood sugar problems, I opted for the 1 hour test. It's the first time I've been presented with the option of starting with the longer test, though, which makes me wonder if that IS becoming standard in some places.

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry about your son, Peony - I hope it's nothing serious.

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, so I need some advice. My family has a cottage in Northern Ontario, about a 9 hour drive from here. When I was a kid we went for a month every summer. We don't make it up every year now that we have kids, but when we do go, the kids LOVE it. We have a private sandy beach, etc., so it's great for kids. I had assumed we wouldn't go at all this year because of the pregnancy, then I found out that my family is going to be selling the cottage next summer. It's just too inconvenient to get to, and we were really only keeping it for my Dad's sake anyway.

So...there's just this summer and next summer left for us to go for a visit. When I told the boys we may not go this summer they cried, and honestly I'm sad at the prospect of not going too since this is our second last chance to go. If we go, it would be next weekend, when I'll be 35 weeks. I asked the midwife about it, and she said it would be fine as long as we stop every hour for me to stretch my legs, and also to make sure we always knew where the closest hospital was in case I went into labour. She said it's better to go at 35 weeks than earlier since the baby would be unlikely to need special NICU care by that point.

Honestly, the thought of a 9 hour trip in the van with 3 kids does not appeal at all (especially since stopping every hour will make it more like 10-11 hours), and dh doesn't want to go AT ALL (he's never liked the cottage and doesn't really like spending time with my family), but I can't help worrying I'm going to regret it if we don't go. We would only stay 2-3 days then drive back, and while we're there one of my brothers would be there with his 9 year old daughter who is fantastic at entertaining my boys.

What would you do? Would you brave such a long driving trip at 35 weeks pregnant?

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hmm, that is very daunting!

I can see the pros/cons of both sides....

there is chance you coudl go next year though? That may be more fun, not being pregnant, and then the baby could also join the cottage for one time....hard decision. This is the kind of thing where I think it'd be hard to win--if you go, you'll be hassled and wonder why you went, and if you don't go, you may have regrets about it too.

Is your gut leaning towards going? esp. since the boys really seem to want to go?
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mocha, when I was 35/36 weeks with my DS, we drove 20 hrs (2 days of 10 hrs each) to Nevada for DH's grandmother's birthday. I only had DD1 at the time, and she was really good in the car, but we did have to stop every hour for me to get out and walk, and it was a LONG trip. We stayed about 4 days I think, and then turned around and went back. It was a lot of driving, but it was worth it.

If it were me, I think I would go. I think you and your family will enjoy it once you are there. And then you could go back next year with the baby, too.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Peony, I hope your DS gets better soon!
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast