Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by laughinglynxie View Post
    My poor little dude is running a fever (started yesterday when getting up from nap time). He hasn't complained about anything hurting, so I'm relieved so far. I hope it's just a fever and that's it. Plus side, he is SOOOO cuddly and mellow now. Normally he is asking non-stop questions, touching everything, etc. It's sort of a nice break to just watch some shows and relax with him.
    Oh no
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbermittens View Post
    Lynxie, sorry your son is sick!

Peony, how weird that your parents are expecting you to take care of them like that! I can't imagine mine trying that. We do nice things for them when they visit, but they pay for dinners out, etc.

So I did end up going to the ER last night, and they monitored me for an hour. Everything seemed okay, but the cramps are still here. The ER dr didn't check my cervix, s today at my appt I am asking my regular Dr to do it. I don't know if he will, but I am worried because this crampy stuff should have left by now, right?
    Wow suprised they did not check your cervix that is the first thing they do here.
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TTC5 View Post
    Wow suprised they did not check your cervix that is the first thing they do here.
    Well, the hospital here is very small (my town is only 2,500 people) and the doctor on call was a visiting Dr., and he was strictly an ER doc. If it had been my regular Dr on call, or one of the other family Dr's in town, I bet they would have checked. They don't even have anyone to do u/s there except certain times on certain days. Anyway, the Dr on call said he could send me to the big hospital an hour away (where I will deliver) but I didn't really want to go, and he didn't think it was necessary anyway.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not been on for a few day, i come back and we have lots of poorly kids and cramping mummies Hope all your ladies are taking it easy and your cramps are reducing. Hope all your kiddies are on the mend also.

I have had a poorly DH, cough which i had about a week before but his is so much worse...being a bloke and all that
    I have been getting a few tightenings every now and again, think its braxton hicks??!! Only like 1-2 in an evening.

Had my 23 week scan today as due to babies position at my 20 week scan they couldnt see heart valves, all seen today and baby was more than co-operative, was great to see him again. Then went to see my consultant and as i had a gaastric band last year and have lost weight this pregnancy and not gained i will have to have 2 more growth scans, at 28 and 32 weeks. Also as DS3 was prem and we dont know reason, i will have to give a wee sample every month to ensure i havent got any infections that could bring on labour.

With DS3 i started contracting at 34-35weeks a few hours after sex, so she said it maybe an idea to have a cut off date for having sex...i told DH and he doesnt seem to impressed

As for family im have had a few issues with Sister recently that have really annoyed me, she broke up with her DH about 6 months ago after her having an affair and already she is seeing someone else. Its her life but i worry about the kids they are screwed up enough as it is...just think daddy is having a holiday at nanny and grandads.
    Also she got a puppy that we told her not to get as she has enough on her plate with the seperation trying to get a house already has 1 dog that doesnt get walked or the attention it needs, 4 cats and 1 budgie. Well she got it and this weekend it must have felt pushed out due to the new puppy and bit the puppy and did make it bleed also went for my sister...and she got it put to sleep In the past this dog has bitten the kids and she never had it put to sleep but it bite the puppy and she got it put to sleep?? Surely thats the wrong way around.
    I tried to phone some places to get it rehomed some rescue place before she had it done, but i tried but she didnt even do that. She was looking for an excuse to get rid of it and this was it. I really think she went about it the wrong way. Only a few weeks ago since she left her hubby this dog was the best dog ever caring loving, great with the kids. New puppy comes along and i said to DH i wont be long before she is out...and i was right

Sorry for blabbing on and on ladies. Hope your all well and i must catch up properly tomorrow x
    Mummy to 6 beautiful boys and expecting our

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is awful, Happylea! Your sister needs to get her priorities straight.

Sorry your DH is feeling unwell. Men are always sicker than us ladies aren't they? When my DH is sick, the world comes to an end.

My DH wouldn't care about the no sex thing--he hasn't touched me in weeks, ever since he felt the baby move! He says he feels like he is being watched.

Glad you got to see your little baby boy again and that all looks great!!
    2004 2006 2010 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbermittens View Post
    My DH wouldn't care about the no sex thing--he hasn't touched me in weeks, ever since he felt the baby move! He says he feels like he is being watched.
    Tho my DH and I have had more sex than ever before during preg., it's still kind of weird for him. He keeps saying that he can't get around the "basketball" and it's just not really working out for me either...he has that weird sense too that somehow the baby will "know" we are having sex and the thought just icks him out. But...of course when the mood really strikes him, and the kids are in bed, he'll still have sex, but it's so funny....he's all reserved and cautious, so it's not worth having!!

Your sister is a real piece for work, HappyLea..what a sad story about the dog

We don't do much with my in-law's lately, but yes if we go out to eat, they expect us to pay, so we just don't go out to eat much anymore with them, because of that. They always say how 'poor' they are, and it ain't like my DH and I are rollin in the dough too.

Oh the dinosaur thing was an exhibit that came into town (Richmond VA) and they set up in the indoor portion of the race track. They had dinosuar rides (T-rex, raptor, tricertops, Quinten rode the tricertops, his fave) lots of displays with information and a button to push to make the dinosaur move his arms and growl. And they had things that you had to pay for: face paint (Quinten was a tricetops, what else!), more rides (boucny house stuff), a gem hunting thing..(give you bag of dirt, you can sift through it and find "gemstones" and "rocks" Quinten loved that and I got some nice pieces I wanna turn into jewelry eventually!) and dino golf, etc. It was awesome, and Quinten (DS1) loved it! They had a sand pit too with "dinosaur bones" and he thought he was really discovering the real thing, lol, it was so cute. He said he's going to grow up and become a palentologist one day.

I think I may have mentioned this, but a facebook friend was in town and gave me three bags of girl clothing, and it's sooo fricking adorable, but it's a ton of pink and hot pink. I'll probably have a family only baby shower in August sometime and I'm sure it will rain pink too then! I am much more of a fan of lavender and purple, but I'm so grateful for the chance to have some pink in my life, that I'm just more laid back now...I was going to have the invitations be purple or try to some how work in my preference for purple/lavender, but I think I'm just gonna let it go, and just be grateful, and see what comes my way.

What do you think? Is it rude to kind of state a color preference on a baby shower invitation (either subtly through the colors of invitation or just a statement inside?)
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by auroara78 View Post
    What do you think? Is it rude to kind of state a color preference on a baby shower invitation (either subtly through the colors of invitation or just a statement inside?)
    You could try that, and try registering for stuff too. Maybe say "We have quite a bit of pink already, but purple/lavender would be a nice alternative" or something on the invite? As I have found out, though, there are many more pink options than anything else in the girl's department
    2004 2006 2010 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep...I've noticed that!!! Pink and pink and hot pink! LOL

Well, when we had our boys too, in all fairness, I wasn't crazy about the soft pastel-y baby blue either. I like deeper colors and I still think my DS1 looks gorgeous in red or orange. But of course we did get a ton of blue outifts with the boys! My fave thing that DS2 wears now is a cute little summer two piece with brown shorts and a striped white and lime green shirt with a monkey on it. It's so cute on him!
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh man, my head is spinning from reading nursing bra reviews on HerRoom.com! I refuse to deal with no support while I breastfeed another baby! Being a 34F is no fun. I wish I could just go to Target, haha.
    DS1: 13 Nov 2009
    It's a girl!! 14 Sept 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey ladies - I had my 30 week check-up today. Everything looked good - baby is head down with a strong heartbeat. Finally got the results from my diabetes test (though since they hadn't called me I knew the results were good), and everything was fine EXCEPT apparently my iron is a little low. Weird since if there's one thing doctors have always commented on with my blood tests it's that I have very high iron - even right after my m/c and during the LE diet my iron was great. Anyway, she said I should start taking a supp, so I'll be starting tonight.

The best news was that I got to finally meet with my midwife alone instead of with the new student that got assigned to me, and I finally got a chance to tell her I don't really like the student and would rather her not be my primary midwife (she's a student in her final year, so when she joins your team she becomes your primary with the other midwives as supervisors). She's now off my team in an official capacity and will just be a backup midwife. I'm relieved. I just had some sort of weird personality conflict with her, whereas my usual 3 midwives are all bubbly, fun people I enjoy meeting with.

And yes, I prefer the purple toned clothes, but really there's very little of that available in newborn sizes. I did find some for 3-6 months, but not a lot for under that age. Everything's baby pink and white. Yawn.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast