Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    pinkin, that is really sad! I am sorry your family has been so distant towards you. I am sure you will make a point of doing the opposite with your own children, and you will have a close relationship with them for life.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I sure will!! I def wont make that mistake..... D/h thinks its a good idea for us to have a bigger family because of me not having my family... 1.. To keep me busy so I dont think so much about it. 2.... To make our own BIG family and hope its a close one!! Which I am sure it will be
    DW 33
    DH 34
    Dec 2016

Will try for another baby in 2019 to complete our family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkin2011 View Post
    I think people that are close to their family are soooo lucky! My mum had PND when I was born and still has alot of problems and I suffered from that So I have never been close with my mum and she still doesnt really have many feelings towards me! I do have a brother and sister but both of them dont have anything to do with me , My brother lives 2 hrs away I havent seen or spoken to him since november 2011 and my sister is doing the wrong things in life so the only person I have kind of to talk to is my dad but my parents live 2 hrs away aswell so I never see my dad. I dont even have any cousins that I am close to and I blame that on my mum... So pretty much I have no family! I am very close to d/h family and his mum but its just not the same .... And I get jealous of people that do have family and a mum that cares !! I dont even get asked how I am or anything to do with my pregnancy by my mum, pretty sad
    I know how you feel. My mother doesn't bother with me either and as for my father well....
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Its so horrible isnt it TTC5... and I find it harder for me sometimes because everyone I know have good relationships with their mother and family.. And I find it hard at times because d/h is close to his family even tho I am close to them too but I just think what have I ever done to deserve the family I have..
    DW 33
    DH 34
    Dec 2016

Will try for another baby in 2019 to complete our family.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Pinkin and TTC5 - I'm so sorry your family isn't close. My family doesn't live physically close to me so I don't see them as often as I'd like, but we are always in communication, and I know any one of them would be there for me in an instant if I needed them. I do think that my relationship with my Mom helped fuel my GD, though. She and I are best friends so I assumed my whole life I'd have a daughter who would be my best friend too. When I ended up having 3 boys in a row I was really thrown for a loop, but I must admit that ds2 is proving to be quite a Mommy's boy (loves pink and pretty things, loves to shop with me), and I wouldn't be surprised if DD ends up being a Daddy's girl anyway...

I agree that having a big family of your own will be a wonderful way to correct all the mistakes your own family has made. With lots of kids you're guaranteed to never be lonely and to always have a house full of laughter and love - either from your own kids or eventually your grandkids
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HappyLea,

I just wanted to say that I LOVED everything you said about boys!!! I do love my little men so much too! DS1 is too cute lately, he's almost 5 and he's gotten into liking to brush my hair or just play with my hair, and he puts little kisses around my forehead. He asks to kiss baby Lily a lot too, he likes to rub my belly. He says he's going to "take good care of her" and "keep her in line so she's not a baby like Evan. (DS2)"

Lately, I have gotten asked by a lot of students (I'm a librarian) about the gender of the baby. Some of the students are coming back in after a few months break and they all look at me horrified and then say "it's a girl right?" as if another boy would have been the end of the world! It breaks my heart, because I know that while I am happy I am having a girl, it makes me feel bad for the child I *could* have had (I do believe there is a ton of randomness involved with gender selection, etc), and I feel bad that if I had been having another boy, that everyone would just think of him as "another" boy and for me, he'd still be my little special man that I would have loved with all my heart!!!

On the other hand, being that I am just two days shy of my 30 weeks, i am soooo anxious to have her now. A facebook friend was in town and dropped off tons of baby girl clothing that her baby has outgrown...and it was so freaking adorable...but tons and tons of pink! LOL, my fave piece is a cute little 6 month outfit that's red gingham with little strawberries embroidded on the edge, and it has matching bloomers and a headband...how cute....but then I freaked out for a minute, and thought a 3 piece set? I'm so disorganized, how am I going to keep track of all these accessories?

I know I need to be appreicative of this potentially last preg. (it will depend on money in 2-3 years if we have a 4th, etc), and I want to enjoy the moment if this really is it for me,but I am just so anxious to hold her and meet her and get on with things. And this summer has been so humid in VA,...it was 101 degrees with humidy yesterday! was so disgusting! I'm so tired of summer already.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    as far as family goes, as you all may know, my mom and I have a psychotic relationship.

Right now she is trying to "buy" my love back for her bday party outrage by paying to fix our cars (Dh's car has bad brakes) and my car wouldn't even start, so I'm letting her do because we don't really have the extra moeny right now, and I feel tic for a tac, since if she can insult my life and DH all the time, then at least she can pay for my things here and there.

I know morally it's prob. not right, and i should tell her that I don't want her money etc, but I need it, and she needs to feel like I'm not mad at her anymore (I have a really hard time staying mad at people even if they deserve it), and well, let's just say our relationship is pretty unhealthy.

On the flip side, I know she can't control who she is (she's always been very blunt, speaking her mind out of turn,) I know she's not maliciously mean or hurtful, and she's 70 now, so she's just worst than ever, and I also keep in mind that she won't always be around, so instead of being angry at her all the time, I want to enjoy the time I have wtih her, because even though she is a bit nuts, she is still my mom, and I don't want to regret anything later.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    but I do know that for my own upcoming relationship with my daughter, the one thing I want to strive towards the most is consistency and acceptance.

for my sons too, of course.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Auroara, my relationship with my mom is strained on occasion, too, and she is always trying to buy us stuff! I let her, and I probably shouldn't, but we never have any extra money, and she likes to get us stuff we would never buy ourselves (like an ice cream maker, or trees to plant in the yard, etc). I think it makes my mom feel good to spend money on us, and I bet your mom feels the same way. The idea that you want to preserve your relationship so you have no regrets makes sense.

Speaking of money, our car just broke down.... I wonder what THAT is going to cost? Our friend is a mechanic, and he is going to look at it, and I really hope it isn't something too expensive.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a quick hi as I haven't been on in a while it feels. My parents are visiting and the boys have been/are sick. I have just caught up reading the last few pages. So relieved for you TTC5. Will check back in when I can.

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast