Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Auroara and Peony, I'm totally nesting these days. This weekend I just scrubbed the heck out of my stove and the floors. haha.

Pinkin, I have never had an epidural, but I had a super easy birth with DS1 (under 6 hours total). I had a little dose of IV meds and that was it. Only "bad" thing about my birth was that I needed an episiotomy because my body just wouldn't stretch no matter how long we waited and baby's vitals were starting to go down.
    DS1: 13 Nov 2009
    It's a girl!! 14 Sept 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nesting! I am so jealous of you ladies. I never nest. I jus get lazier and lazier, and just want to sit around more and more!
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL I was very timid shall I say before DS1....just bored and ready to meet the baby, no nesting! DS2 a little bit of last minute flurry nesting...this time I got it soooooo bad, and I think it's just because my house is in shambles, that I want to make sure it's "ready" before baby comes...I swear if my kitchen, 1/2 bath, and ulitly room weren't pulled apart, I don't think I'd be bothered either, lol.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess the closest thing to nesting that is happening to me is, I am desperate for DH to do all these projects he has been putting off forever, like clean up the yard, etc. They are all things I can't do myself, so I am annoyed that he is putting it off!
    2004 2006 2010 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey ladies! I'm on my way home from my Mom's place right now. It's been a really rough few days with my Dad's funeral, but now we can start getting back to normal.

I think I overdid it a bit while there because I have been getting lots of painful contractions. On Monday night I spent 3 hours greeting visitors at my Dad's wake and it was after that the contractions started. They're just BH and irregular, but painful, which is new for me. It's making me think we probably shouldn't go to my cottage after all because I'll be 36 weeks while there, and I really don't want to deliver my baby in that hospital - it's a bit of a backwater, and I doubt they'd let me have my VBAC.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no Mocha, I hope you are feeling better now! I agree about the cabin. You wouldn't want to risk it!
    2004 2006 2010 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hey ladies, well had my new router delivered today so fingerscrossed i will now stay online totally lost without my internet.

I too think this baby is low and head down as i am getting alot of pressure on my pelvis and i cannot walk for long before im in agony. Also can feel his hiccups very low down.
    Well we are off to Bristol tomorrow for my sister in laws wedding on Friday, all the boys look so so cute in their page boy outfits (will post a pic when we get back) they are so excited

I will do a propper catch up when we are back at the weekend, Mocha hope your feeling better soon and take it easy!

Pinkin, I had 2 epi's

with DS1 took 5 attempts for them to get it in as the gaps in my spine are close together but when in, the relief was amazing! I could sleep which was great. At one point tho too much of the drug was going in and the numbness was getting higher and higher in my body and affecting my breathing but they sorted that out and all was ok. Could still feel when pushing.

No epi with DS2 went all way through with gas and air and pethadine, when i wanted epi it was too late. I managed without it even tho in pain but great as i was home hours later.

DS3 i was contracting at 34weeks managed to keep him in for a further week but they had to induce me at 35 weeks, by far the most painful birth. I had epi with him but again they couldnt get it in, then they had to leave me without epi to go to an emergency. When came back they managed to get it in. But it didnt work for some reason which was unknown. Anyway had gas and air throughout and then when it came to pushing they moved me up the bed and this must have moved the epidural and suddenly i had no feeling what so ever, so didnt know when to push etc. I managed to get him out with the threat of theatre. They then got me straight up when i couldnt feel anything and as i pissed myself they told me i had a bladder problem, i told them that the epidural had only just kicked in and i couldnt feel anything but they didnt listen. Needless to say i was not happy and indeed i did not have a bladder problem. By far my worst hospital/birth experience. The before and after care both for me and DS3 was horrendous!

This birth i am planning for a home waterbirth. As i did manage to go through whole birth for DS2 and most of DS3 without epi i hope i can do it with this one using water as pain relief and gas and air. The midwifes have been great about it and i will be attending a class in September about it to get more info and make my decision. I can have homebirth as long as he doesnt make an appearance before 37weeks so just hoping he isnt premmie like DS3 x

I had 2 very different experiences with epi's but they were also done in different hospital. DS1 was amazing DS3 not so.

Sorry if this isnt of any help Pinkin but i would say go with the flow and if you think you need it then go for it x
    Mummy to 6 beautiful boys and expecting our

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just got back from my mw appt and I got the results of my u/s. the baby looked perfect and in fact measured about a week ahead. They estimated her at well over 5lbs - this was last week when I was 33 weeks.

My suspicions that the baby dropped this weekend were confirmed when the mw discovered she's now engaged in my pelvis. She's posterior, though, so I'm still hoping she flips.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Happylea, your DS3 birth experience sounds unpleasant--I am sorry that happened. I hope this time around, you get the birth you want!

Mocha, glad all looks well with baby Sadie!
    2004 2006 2010 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HappyLea I will just stick with the epi I think, I will either love it or hate it !! Gosh you would think with the way the world is now they would have way better options for us girls having babies! I know at the end of the day we are made for it but seriously it is so painful and unfair, men get off so lightly!
    DW 33
    DH 34
    Dec 2016

Will try for another baby in 2019 to complete our family.

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast