Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was pressured A LOT to give formula to my twins. Basically after 5 days in the hospital with one twin showing latch/suck problems and another having jaundice, they wouldn't let me leave unless I gave them formula. They each got their one and only bottle there in the hospital simply so they'd sign the papers to let me leave. They sent me home with a case of free formula which I promptly donated to food bank. I pumped and syringe fed my one twin BM until he learned to latch at 6 weeks, then continued to BF both my twins for 2 years after that! YOU know what's best for your baby, Lynxie!
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Peony, I'm so sorry to hear about your medical scare! Glad they got you all fixed up...and good thing your DH was around and not 3 hrs away...glad to hear that Sasha is doing so well, and I really love her name! We will have to become Facebook friends...send me a PM or I'll PM you....I'd love to see more pics of Sasha!!

Lynxie, I agree that you shouldn't be pressured, plus she has gained weight since she's been born, so she's definitely on the right track. She was about 4 weeks early right?

Hobbers and Mocha, speaking of bleeding, I had a period around Nov. 2nd and then again on the 14th, even while on BC pills! So annoying...I'm currently off BC pills, trying to get my cycles to regulate, and my husband knows about it, and we haven't even had time for you know what in a long while, so no worries. Thinking about getting an IUD in still, gotta call my ob/gyn about the non-hormonal one, but I think he's going to try to push the Mirena instead. I am still iffy about an IUD (mostly I don't like the idea of something being there) but I detest BC pills and I don't want any accidents, so I guess IUD it is...

though my neighbor a few doors down told me this horrifying story about her 3rd child. Her daughter was concived while the IUD was in place, and she didn't even know she was pregnant until like 20 or so weeks. When they removed the IUD, her daughter came shortly thereafter, around 22-24 weeks ( can't remember the exactly gestation) and her daughter has severe disablilities because of it. When she described her day and the feeding tube and all that....her daughter constantly being sick, I felt really grateful that all my babies are healthy and don't need that kind of assistance, but it got me spooked on the IUD.

Lillian was 11 lbs 6 oz at her two month checkup, and she is doing well, she's just got such a temper on her though, if you don't hold her the right way she wants, she gets really cranky. this just started like two weeks ago, as she's become a lot more awake.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Auroara, Sawyer is similar. He doesn't like to be held a bunch, but he will let me hold him for a while if he is up on my shoulder. He also likes to be held if I am moving around. But if I am sitting and try to hold him in the cradle hold, he gets pissy!

That IUD story scares me! I was planning on getting one, but that makes me wary.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lately Sadie doesn't really like to be held either unless I'm moving or she's asleep. I finally got the old baby swing out of the basement and it's been a godsend - she loves it, so when she's cranky and I'm doing something that isn't really amenable to wearing her in a sling I can set her there and she's happy as a clam.

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ivy's the opposite. She loves to be held whenever possible. I wonder if it's because she was early. I also LOVE my swing. She'd never nap alone if it wasn't for that thing.

Anyone here have favorite clothing to nurse in (in public)? I'm trying to get at least a few outfits put together that don't make me feel really frumpy...haha. I'd love to get back to bringing Tobin to play places and such.
    DS1: 13 Nov 2009
    It's a girl!! 14 Sept 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah Hobbers..the IUD story got me so paranoid I keep wondering...why did I have to hear that story unless it was meant to be that I heard it to scare me off? lol...I spend too much time every day worrying about the pros and cons of birth control...like I definitely do not want to be pregnant now or in the near future, but the idea of any risk to my future fertility or my chance to have another baby...and of course, I wouldn't want to accidentially conceive while on it and have a baby with real difficulity because of it...

sometimes I just wish I could be like any other woman and just find a BC method and stick with it instead of hemming and hawing over the decision....

Lillian had a fit yesterday when my DH was watching her and scratched her face really bad...my husband is calling her "Ms. Temper Scarface" lol, it's def. bad, I need to clip her nails, I guess.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lynxie - for me it's all about layering. I love nursing tanks instead of nursing bras in the early days because your belly stays covered while you nurse - jist lift up your outer shirt. Honestly, I'd rather people see my boobs than my big, flabby belly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mocha, I feel the same way!! Huge boob hanging out? No problem. Doughy postpartum tummy? YUCK. hahaha

I'm honestly just fine with the rest of my body. My husband likes a big butt anyway. But the tummy makes me feel soooo self conscious!
    DS1: 13 Nov 2009
    It's a girl!! 14 Sept 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mocha good on you for persisting with BF your twins for so long. You sound like Super Mum!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213