Page 3 of 296 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wanted to add I know you're probably thinking just go to someone else but they're really the only two VBAC supportive providers in the state. I actually have to travel an hour or more for either of them. The birth environment sucks around here!
    Jamie
    Mama to
    Nathaniel (Nate or Nathan) (03/26/08) Logan (06/12/10) and BFP on 12/28/2011 after using swaying techniques from Gender Dreaming leading to Emma (09/06/2012)
    BFP on 7/13/14 Due 3/28/15 hoping for another

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie86 View Post
    I've had to go to therapy because of my body image issues after I gained weight after being raped and have had a really difficult time loosing it and that type of constant talk caused me a lot of anxiety and depression that was really hard to deal with during pregnancy.
    I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I think you need to go with your gut on this one. Good luck deciding what to do.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much! My gut right now is to at least meet with the midwife because I know she's wonderful and that she meant no harm. So I'm going to go to one appointment with her and talk to her about birthing with her practice and see how I feel from there. Last time I had 3 different providers during my pregnancy trying to find the right one so at least I have it narrowed down to 2 this time!
    Jamie
    Mama to
    Nathaniel (Nate or Nathan) (03/26/08) Logan (06/12/10) and BFP on 12/28/2011 after using swaying techniques from Gender Dreaming leading to Emma (09/06/2012)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that sounds like a great idea. Meet with your midwife and see how you feel. With my first pregnancy I interviewed several midwives before settling on one (though we ended up having to leave her care anyway when I found out I was having twins).

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie86 View Post
    Thanks so much! My gut right now is to at least meet with the midwife because I know she's wonderful and that she meant no harm. So I'm going to go to one appointment with her and talk to her about birthing with her practice and see how I feel from there. Last time I had 3 different providers during my pregnancy trying to find the right one so at least I have it narrowed down to 2 this time!
    Hi Jamie, That is probably a good idea. Could you be open enough to your midwife about your experiences so she is more understanding? I am sorry you had to go through that by the way.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Omg congrats Zivic!!! I had no idea you were pregnant!
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats to all you ladies - hope you all have safe pregnancies.
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sallygal View Post
    Hi Jamie, That is probably a good idea. Could you be open enough to your midwife about your experiences so she is more understanding? I am sorry you had to go through that by the way.
    Yes I think I can as long as she is open to hearing it. Last pregnancy I didn't feel like she gave me a chance because the first time I met her was at 20 weeks. What upset me at that visit was that we had just had our 20 week ultrasound (it was the only prenatal visit DH was able to make it to) and we were so happy and she came in and without saying a single word about our ultrasound or asking us anything about us immediately started talking about my weight (making comments saying things like "well if you started out normal" and implying I was lying about exercising and really attempting to eat well) . Now I am overweight but I had just gotten to the point where I didn't feel "massive." I can still shop in the regular section at stores (granted I do wear a large, sometimes x-large tops because I have fairly big breasts) but she made me feel like I must be much bigger than I was thinking (and it's really not like I'm under a delusion that I'm not overweight but I really used to have a hard time even believing my husband that he could be attracted to me). I left the visit and cried my eyes out the whole way home. My family called asking about our ultrasound and I couldn't talk to them (at that point I had forgotten I had an ultrasound) I had to tell DH to tell them I wasn't feeling well.

Ugh it's just so hard because I know that it is the best practice within any sort of driving distance (still an hour away) and while I really liked my OB I felt a lot of pressure to do things certain ways with him. He is very supportive of vaginal birth but also does "purple pushing" and I really would like to do something different this time.
    Jamie
    Mama to

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's so tough, Jamie - that midwife sounds soooo insensitive, and quite frankly a bitch. So there aren't other midwives in her practice? I'm worried about you continuing with someone like that, but I understand your hesitation to go back to your OB.

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thats what makes it even harder there are 3 midwives in that practice and the other 2 are amazing but you just never know who will be on call. That's actually why I stated with the practice as long as I did last time several of my appointments were with the other midwives. I also have a hard time because I know that I'm overly sensitive so it's hard for me to gage if it's just me or if what is being said is rude.
    Jamie
    Mama to

Page 3 of 296 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast